• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just Attended Basic Hunter Education Course

Artie

NES Member
I am a MA resident but took the Rhode Island course at the Rumford Hunting and Fishing Club in Rehoboth MA. 3 members gave the course and did an outstanding job. You could tell that they love the sport and want to promote it. They relayed the course material with personal stories and examples that made the class entertaining and informative. There were over 30 attendees and the course was given in the clubhouse. Both Saturday and Sunday the club provided coffee, doughnuts, water, soda and snacks and Saturday afternoon they had burgers and dogs on the grill. The handouts were great and they had a big screen LCD for all the powerpoint and video. They had several different types of firearms for reference and had 3 different types of tree stands set up out in the field for a safety presentation. Sunday, after the exam, they allowed students to fire a couple different firearms if they would like. I just wanted to give credit to the instructors and the club, George, Dean and Robbie of the Rumford Hunting and Fishing Club, they did a great job. Best class (for anything) that I have been to in a long time.

Sounds like they did a good job. I took mine over at Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun, they also did a fine job on the class overall.
Hope you can enjoy.

Took my class over the weekend at Walpole Sportsmans Association. They did a great job giving us all the information and sharing their experience. Now I just need to pass the test on Tuesday, and I should be in businesss

Back
Top Bottom