Just a Little Tease: Comm2A's New Project

Lawsuit claims Stoughton police broke law by selling confiscated guns
State police, meanwhile, say that Stoughton is far from unique in its failure to transfer confiscated guns to the agency for disposal or public auction.

“We have no recent history or records of local departments turning guns over to us for auction, nor have we sold any guns through auction in recent years,” spokesman Dave Procopio said in a statement. Procopio did not respond on Friday when asked why state police are no longer acquiring confiscated guns from local police departments.

I haven't kept up too much with the happenings of Village Vault recently but I didn't realize that Dowd actually sold the business as a response. Not even mad about it. He can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
The business has since been sold, renamed and moved to Westborough. Its original owner, Peter Dowd, is identified in the complaint as a defendant.​

Who's holding the FFL?
I don't know enough to figure it out from the list.

“many police departments have turned to “bonded warehouses” like the Village Vault to offload their confiscated guns, which can deteriorate quickly if left unattended in the evidence room of a police station.”

Funny I put guns away dirty and sometimes don’t touch them for years and they are in fine shape. Are they storing them in sewer tunnels?

I’ll bet it’s more like “firearms disappear quickly if left unattended...”

I haven't kept up too much with the happenings of Village Vault recently but I didn't realize that Dowd actually sold the business as a response. Not even mad about it. He can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
LOL, does he think he can avoid RICO that way?

"Your honor, yes, my pizza shop also sold heroin and meth for 10 years, but I sold the company last month. The company did some terrible things, you should really go after them."

LOL, does he think he can avoid RICO that way?

"Your honor, yes, my pizza shop also sold heroin and meth for 10 years, but I sold the company last month. The company did some terrible things, you should really go after them."

“New” GM VS “Old” GM?

An article in the Lowell Sun from 2006 pretty much explains how the scam works. In fact, EOPS was also responsible for failing to define the rules and regulations for tracking guns that go to bonded warehouses, according to the article.
Word is there was backchannel communication from the warehouses to the GCAB notifying them that they would all shut down if any regulations were imposed.

Update: The Stoughton PD defendants have until July 22nd to answer the complaint. Probably nothing to get excited about. That will come when both sides file motions. That will only happen after a schedule has been set.

Been making monthly donations for many years, go get em guys!

Here's a little tease regarding the announcement we're making tomorrow. Would anyone like to guess as to the significant of the document attached here?

It's not too late to say YOU helped to support this project.

Rather interesting to see my town on the naughty list.

This quote from the original press article I saw always stuck with me, enough that I bookmarked it, it's not just going to be a handful of towns. Hopefully discovery is trucking right along and they'll be able to get traction against those who broke the law.

"State police, meanwhile, say that Stoughton is far from unique in its failure to transfer confiscated guns to the agency for disposal or public auction.

“We have no recent history or records of local departments turning guns over to us for auction, nor have we sold any guns through auction in recent years,” spokesman Dave Procopio said in a statement. Procopio did not respond on Friday when asked why state police are no longer acquiring confiscated guns from local police departments."

MSP does not and will not auction guns off, they get sent to scrap. So there is no money gain to the state in following the rules and sending them to MSP. If the local agency swaps them for credit, at least the local agency benefits (as does local taxpayers).

MSP does not and will not auction guns off, they get sent to scrap. So there is no money gain to the state in following the rules and sending them to MSP. If the local agency swaps them for credit, at least the local agency benefits (as does local taxpayers).
Sending them for credit to a bonded warehouse provides an incentive to screw the subject, and is contrary to law as detailed in the complaint. Plus the MSP is required by law to hold an auction. (yeah, right)

This is one of those cases where "desired public policy" (by the system) and the law are in direct conflict.

Sending them for credit to a bonded warehouse provides an incentive to screw the customer, and is contrary to law as detailed in the complaint. Plus the MSP is required by law to hold an auction. (yeah, right)

This is one of those cases where "desired public policy" (by the system) and the law are in direct conflict.

Of course, the law doesn't have any teeth (as far as I know), so there's no reason for them to bother following the law if it's not convenient for them.

Sort of like the 40 day requirement for issuing or denying an LTC.

Of course, the law doesn't have any teeth (as far as I know), so there's no reason for them to bother following the law if it's not convenient for them.

Sort of like the 40 day requirement for issuing or denying an LTC.
Except the chicannery with gun disposal credits cannot be mooted ("40 days? why are we here... the plaintiff already has his LTC. .... case dismissed), and there is a clear federal claim that avoids the MA Marsupials, though the first circuit is not exactly Pro-2A.

Back
Top Bottom