• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jury reaches verdict in killing of Kate Steinle on Pier 14 in San Francisco

Reptile

NES Member
A San Francisco jury reached a verdict Thursday afternoon in the trial of a homeless undocumented immigrant in the fatal shooting of Kate Steinle as she strolled with her father on Pier 14 to take in a view of San Francisco Bay.

The jury was expected to issue the verdict at about 4 p.m. after several days of deliberations.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Jury-reaches-verdict-in-killing-of-Kate-Steinle-12396509.php

--------
My guess... Guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

He was 90-95 feet away when he pulled the trigger 3 times.

He did not mean to kill her.

Bullet ricocheted and hit her in the back.

The killer does not deserve to live but I don't think he will be convicted of murder.

Stay tuned...

Wow. Not even involuntary manslaughter. Just felon in possession. Not even surprised though.

This case is a great example demonstrating how the rule of law is dead in this country.

Illegal. Criminal. In custody. But released so he could feel comfortable. Comfortable enough to kill a woman apparently. Good work sheriffs department. Great work San Francisco. Fanstastic work courts.

Not even guilty on stealing and illegal possession of the firearm? Not guilty on manslaughter for extreme negligence? W-T-F?!

If a person negligently handles a gun and has a negligent discharge which kills somebody - it is involuntary manslaughter - by definition.

Says a lawyer.

Yet, the jury acquits.

The prosecutor must not be trying in this case. People have gotten manslaughter convictions for much less negligent acts, even for what should have been self defense.

The prosecutor must not be trying in this case. People have gotten manslaughter convictions for much less negligent acts, even for what should have been self defense.

He was a poor homeless illegal in San Francisco. People in California love that, and evidently the people on the jury were no exception. And I'd be the judge was awfully accommodating throughout the trial and in the jury instructions. Regardless of what anyone tells you, bias exists in courts, and in spades.

But you're also likely correct. I doubt the prosecutor tried in the same manner as they would have had it been a legal gun owner on trial for a victimless crime.

as howie carr used to say, if you get caught breaking the law just tell the legal system " treat me like an illegal alien"

this was an absolute disgrace, but what do we expect from san fran, premier sanctuary city of the U.S.

what happened to this girl and her family is squarely on the shoulders of the libs. may they all live eternity in hell for what they have done.

It rips my heart out to think about Jim Steinle talking about Kate falling in his arms and saying, "Help me Dad".

This makes perfect sense, just think like a California liberal.

There are two victims here, the girl, and the poor homeless immigrant. Both were victims of the evil gun.

Guns are the real criminal.

If you understand this case, you'll understand the mind of the anti-gun liberal.

He was a poor homeless illegal in San Francisco. People in California love that, and evidently the people on the jury were no exception. And I'd be the judge was awfully accommodating throughout the trial and in the jury instructions. Regardless of what anyone tells you, bias exists in courts, and in spades.
I'm good buddies with a lawyer, and I was briefly on a jury for a murder trial. I'm under know illusions.

This makes perfect sense, just think like a California liberal.

There are two victims here, the girl, and the poor homeless immigrant. Both were victims of the evil gun.

Guns are the real criminal.

I saw the POS public defender blaming the gun(s) in an interview after the verdict. ****ing CA needs to fall into the Pacific.

Last edited:
It rips my heart out to think about Jim Steinle talking about Kate falling in his arms and saying, "Help me Dad".

The poor father and family has been victimized again.:mad:

The a**h*** jury probably let the scumbag off 'because Trump!111'

Time for the DOJ to do a serious ball busting investigation of the Commiefornia justice system. This is an atrocity against the Steinle's and justice. Callifornia is fu*cked.

Take the multiple deportations out... take the felony past out... how the f*** does he not get involuntary manslaughter?
Was he even put on a bus or train or plane back to where he came from. I'm guessing he was given the max illegal free shit army pay check and hooked up with a phone and a place to say.
Ugghhh so sad.

I blame the prosecutor.

And the jury, of course. But with a case this strong, leaving them without reasonable doubt should not have been a problem for a competent prosecutor.

And also, a manslaughter charge might have been wiser.

Yet people get convicted over pools where a kid jumps a fence or a car wreck where the dead person was drunk.

Completely disgusted - Does the shooter get to stay now, with a permanent disability check for the trauma of trial? Does the Federal Agent get charged for providing (he lost it I guess) the gun?

The prosecutor didn't want to win, I'm sure if it was a licensed gun owner without a bullet button he would have gone for the death penalty.

This is how you get the bubba effect. Why call the cops and go through the whole trial if the guy can confess he found the gun and pulled the trigger and still get off. He says he was on sleeping pills = diminished capacity, but when drunk and you kill someone you don't get to skate because of it do you?

The jury box isn't looking like much of a remedy anymore either - some other kind of box is next on the list.

I feel terribly for the family and pray for them - but I have no words of comfort, as none exist.

as howie carr used to say, if you get caught breaking the law just tell the legal system " treat me like an illegal alien"

If an American citizen as a defendant said that in court in a libtard state, especially a White citizen who didnt look strung out or homeless, the jury would immediately want to throw the book at him.

The defense said the trigger pull on the Sig was so light that it fired indiscriminately when touched. No lie I just heard this on Fox News.

Unreal.

RIP Kate.

The defense said the trigger pull on the Sig was so light that it fired indiscriminately when touched. No lie I just heard this on Fox News.

Unreal.

No doubt.

And whose job was it to convince the jury otherwise? The prosecutor’s.

Look, the jury trial is meant to curtail the State’s power. I think this outcome is ridiculous. But I still like the idea that the State doesn’t get to run roughshod over anyone’s rights, even a sleazebag like this. That’s the bigger issue at play here.

The prosecutor should have to work to get a conviction. This one didn’t.

I blame the jury from the standpoint of a guy that knows firearms. But if this jury didn’t? Then the defense attorney did the better job with a trigger-pull argument, and the prosecutor should have been able to deal with that.

No doubt.

And whose job was it to convince the jury otherwise? The prosecutor’s.

Look, the jury trial is meant to curtail the State’s power. I think this outcome is ridiculous. But I still like the idea that the State doesn’t get to run roughshod over anyone’s rights, even a sleazebag like this. That’s the bigger issue at play here.

The prosecutor should have to work to get a conviction. This one didn’t.

I blame the jury from the standpoint of a guy that knows firearms. But if this jury didn’t? Then the defense attorney did the better job with a trigger-pull argument, and the prosecutor should have been able to deal with that.

he pulled the trigger three times though. the jury knowingly let him off. He was going to be found not guilty no matter what.

DOJ should go to jails of all major cities in CA by surprise and do immigration checks on everyone there. If anyone is an illegal, get his/her ass out of there and get them ready for deportation.

DOJ should go to jails of all major cities in CA by surprise and do immigration checks on everyone there. If anyone is an illegal, get his/her ass out of there and get them ready for deportation.

Yeah, but fix the borders first or you might as well send them to downtown San Francisco with an EBT card.

Back
Top Bottom