• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Junk Brass

You could check out Scharch Mfg Inc. Website.. You can sell any kind of brass to them as long as its not rimfire brass, or brass thats been laying on the ground forever. (has to be shiny brass) they either pay you or give you credit towards once fired brass they sell..

I throw all my junk brass into a large box and when it's full it goes to tjhe scrap yard - worth a few $ these days.

My first club had a 55 gal barrel for brass, when it filled up someone would bring it to a scrap dealer. The proceeds paid for their Juniors program! They used to run 1-2 NRA matches/month and lots of bullseye shooters so it they produced lots of .22 RF brass. I used to bring any brass/spent primers to that club and dump them in that barrel back then.

When the laws changed in 1998, said scrap dealer no longer would touch spent brass for fear of prosecution for "illegal possession of ammo components w/o a LTC/FID". I basically left that club at that time, so no idea what they did or do today.

Now, I just toss the stuff in the trash, but usually on the range where I'm shooting.

Most clubs have (or should have) buckets for collecting brass. Never ever throw the brass from those buckets into the TRASH!

There's always some reloader who would give their left knee cap for that stuff.

Throw the trash in the dumpster. Brass is not trash.

Most clubs have (or should have) buckets for collecting brass. Never ever throw the brass from those buckets into the TRASH!

There's always some reloader who would give their left knee cap for that stuff.

Throw the trash in the dumpster. Brass is not trash.

BRP has seperate brass buckets on the indoor ranges but only trash buckets on the outdoor ranges. People still grab some from the bottom of the bucket (myself included) and I think it's better that way so it makes it harder for brass pickers to just make a quick sweep and empty the buckets. If I'm out shooting the outdoor ranges I can usually find some cases I can use, but the indoor ranges are almost always empty because it's easy to just dump into your bag and leave. Although the outdoor trash barrels discourage many pickers who care about their appearence to some degree, the main guy who comes around doesn't care and just sits down and picks through all the trash whether people are on the range or not. I don't mind I guess, but for newcomers it looks strange to have someone right behind you arm deep in trash [thinking]

Ill dive for brass!! even in my golf shoes pants and shirty. Scored a vwhole bunch of 308/3006/45. I dont even reload........YET

Back
Top Bottom