Juniors Program Needs 22 LR Ammo

Dear Fellow NESers,

The Juniors program at Wallum Lake Road & Gun Club (WLRGC) is running dangerously low on .22 Long Rifle ammunition. Depending on the number of participants, we are using approximately 400-500 rounds each week. This leaves us with approximately 4 weeks of ammo. Even if the club approves the purchase of additional ammo, you all know how difficult it is to find on the shelves... I need your help.

I personally load and donate all the center fire ammo the juniors use. I just can't make the 22 ammo, and that is mostly what the kids use. If you have .22 Long Rifle ammo you would consider donating to the WLRGC Juniors program, or selling it to the club at a reasonable price, I would be deeply grateful if you would let me know.

Thank you,
Ed

IMG_0285.jpg

I just wanted to add... the kids pay $20/year to participate in this weekly program. Some kids show up every week, others once in a while. Their parents need not be members of the club. WLRGC members provide the juniors program with indoor and outdoor ranges (closed to others during the junior's use), safety gear, firearms, ammo, targets, and NRA achievement awards. Instructors are volunteers. We spent over $500 on awards this year. IN other words, this program is in no way self sustaining, or profitable. It relies entirely on the generosity of others. Thank you. Ed

Are they open today? Is there a brand they prefer (Winchester, Remington, Federal)?

Last edited:
Ive got a brick you can have can meet you 1/2 way or if anyone from the Burlington area is heading that way let me know.

This is one of those posts that "Its for the children" should be used, and that we can all get behind. If I had a brick or 2 I would throw it your way but I can't find any myself.

Well, since I won a brick at Acme Armament's "Guns and Bacon" day a couple of weeks ago, seems I have an extra:)

I live in Chelmsford, work in Burlington, g/f works in Newton (and has her LTC) so somebody figure out when and where to meet and I'm in for a brick.

PM me for details, cells, etc...

In North Carolina right now. Have a brick for you when I get back to the Cape next weekend. PM me with the best arrangements. I'll be very busy so won't be able to travel too far though

Dave

In North Carolina right now. Have a brick for you when I get back to the Cape next weekend. PM me with the best arrangements. I'll be very busy so won't be able to travel too far though

Dave

I think I'm good for passing it to as I seem the head out on my motorcycle at least once a week to get lunch somewhere (it's how I did it yesterday) so dropping it off isn't a problem (now that I know how to get there)

And I live in the same town as you Dave.

For anybody interested in donating that lives along I-195, I'm about to make a run that way to drop off some ammo so if anybody wants to add to the collection, send me a PM

Back
Top Bottom