• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Junior duck hunt

Jason m

NES Member
Well my son had a great morning, got his limit on wood ducks, put two mallards down, the dog could only retrieve one the other swam away. So five ducks in all. He missed on a group of geese, three times, he put a lot of steel in the air, we gave him the normal razzing.
Anyways we are resting up for later today, here's the catch of the day pics. And a big thanks to our friend clover without her it makes retrieving a lot harder.

Jason.

Have him put the bead on the lips of the goose and track it a bit before pulling the trigger - that will get neck/breast/wing hits.

Great pics!

Thanks, that's good advice even for me. I think he got real excited and just popped his three shots fast. He just got home from school and is getting camos on now, he is pumped up.

Jason.

That's great. No one in my family ever hunted so I didn't start until 6 years ago. I have a 14 year old nephew that showed interest in hunting at one point but then suddenly, after Sandy Hook, my sister put the breaks on anything gun-related in their household and the nephew has never mentioned it since. [thinking] I have no kids of my own, yet.

Awesome. Waterfowling is still on my yet-to-do list.

Try and find someone that's going and tag along. Or if your in the central mass area drop me a pm and I will fit you a Sat hunt. Oh that invite is for anyone really, that wants to go. I'm by means no pro but I do enjoy it alot.

My son loves the junior duck the best, I took him out this year again for the Jr deer but like last year we saw nothing.
At least with the two Jr duck days he normally shoots and drops a few.

45 collector that sucks about your nephew, maybe one day your sister will change her mind.

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom