June 3&4 Militaria & Gun Show W Springfield

I'm looking for a couple oddball old military firearms and wondering if this show will be better than a typical gun show.

I'm looking for a couple oddball old military firearms and wondering if this show will be better than a typical gun show.

Contact Terry Goode at Collectors Firearms & Militaria, (978) 251-7522, W-F – 1300-1900, Sat – 1200-1600, 22 Vinal Sq, N. Chelmsford

Terry is the big C&R dealer at the shows. If he doesn't have anything ask if he can get it.

If you like looking at old military gear/guns, this is the show to go to. Lots of "exhibiters" (great for historical info, many don't sell anything) at this show.

Can't say if other dealers bring more militaria than usual as it has been many years since I've attended this show. If I lived closer, this would be the show that I would attend, just to look around and learn more.

Yes this is the biggie for old Mil. Surp stuff. My son and I attend this one a lot for his collection mostly, but the other big one is coming up in June.
That's the Military vehicle show, mostly a show and shine for old Mil. trucks and whatever else but a lot of outside venders selling gear. Both good shows for the military stuff.

Jason.

This used to be a much better/bigger show than it is now but still decent for milsurp. One of my favorite things to do was get there when the door opens, be out by noon/1pm, then go to the Springfield Armory but I haven't been for a few years now.

Was just over at Dark Horse in South Hadley. The guy there said he went to the show this morning and was a bit surprised that most things seemed to be reasonably priced. I may have to try it tomorrow and see.

Went early Sunday morning, crowd was small at first but picked up a lot towards noon. It was held in the Young Building and was spread out, lots of room to move about.

Prices were better than the past, some good deals here and there. Over heard two dealers talking about the current market. One was saying that it was slow because there was no fear out there about gun legislation.

I picked up some AR-15 buffers and springs and some 7.62x54R ammo for our Moisin.

Almost put an offer in on an older S&W but just couldn't. I just paid my second quarter estimated taxes and that hurt.

Showed up at 11:00 on Sunday, there was an acceptably decent crowd for a Sunday while the weather was still nice, died down very quickly after noon though. Prices seemed better than the past, some dealers are still holding on to Obama-Era pricing though. The aisles seemed about 5 feet wider than they were last year, less rows, and even less firearms dealers, seemed to be more than one chinese-knock-off optic dealers this time around.

Personally, I ended up walking out of there with an excellent condition 1975 Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk .44 7.5" for $450, very little cylinder drag-line and slight muzzle bluing wear from a holster. Bore and cylinder are pristine. Now I just have to look up load data for .44 Magnum and get projectiles!

Back
Top Bottom