July 25th Harvard MWT IDPA Match Results

Dear Guests of Harvard's Metrowest Tactical,

Thank you for joining us on a hot summer weekend for our July IDPA match. We had lots of fun and saw many new shooters to IDPA and by the looks of the way they shot, we will have lots of new friendly competitions kicking up. The results of the match are attached. For any questions or comments please direct them to myself at adhutch1960@ yahoo.com and I will respond.

Stage 1 (low light) "Find 'Em All" - Did you go left-to-right, right-to-left, or did you start in the middle go left to take out the 3 on the left and then use the transition time for a tactical reload? The squad rivalries really seem to flare on this stage. I did seem to hear a lot of "oh sh$t" when they ran past that target hiding behind that skinny gap.

Stage 2 - "Castle on Wheels" Now, how many times have you had to shoot over your left shoulder?

Stage 3 - "Heavy Metal" - Head shots and a 25 yard steel shot

Stage 4 Righty-Lefty - Those poor no-shoots got a lot of hits folks. I guess they should have ducked [wink]. Looks like some of us need more time on at the range practicing, me included.

Stage 5 "Mixed skills" - For a simple skills drill, this seemed to be a challenge for many. Everybody steps up to the line with a plan and all too often that plan goes out the window when the buzzer goes off.

Stage 6 - 6, 6, and 6 Did you go for the drop turner?

I hope you enjoyed our IDPA match and look forward to seeing again soon on the range.

Many thanks to all,
A. Dale Hutchinson
July 25th Match Director

adhutch1960@ yahoo.com
or
adhutch@verizon. net

Attachments

• July Match Results.pdf
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the fun match! Reactions from the match results:

Looks like I did alot better than expected. I need to stop being so negative durring the matchs[grin]. Still got beat pretty good, though!

On stage 1, there are some really high scores in every class, like, well, mine. Flashlight management remains a sore point. Someone did less than 19 seconds on that stage? That's probably transposed with Stage 2.

You can see alot of fumbling of the reload on the point-down for stage 6!

Dale- I think a lot of people's divisions are mixed up in the results. I think a bunch of ESR folks are listed as CDP and I was listed as SSP not CDP.

Doesn't it sometimes feel like no matter what you do you just aren't getting any better?

LOL. When you get to a certain level, like you are at now, you need to work harder to see smaller improvements- it's the law of diminishing returns unfortunately. Frustrating isn't it?? Even then, you have good days and bad ones and sometimes the bad ones make you wonder if you ever shot a gun before! Hopefully you have more times where things come together than not. I think mental attitude and preparation become a more important factor as well.

LOL. When you get to a certain level, like you are at now, you need to work harder to see smaller improvements- it's the law of diminishing returns unfortunately. Frustrating isn't it?? Even then, you have good days and bad ones and sometimes the bad ones make you wonder if you ever shot a gun before! Hopefully you have more times where things come together than not. I think mental attitude and preparation become a more important factor as well.

+1

Once your physical skills hit a certain level IMO it comes down to the brain. [grin]

Bah! This is the second match I've had to miss. I'm ready for the next one!

Great job guys!

, we will have lots of new friendly competitions kicking up.

Friendly... LOL TheRoland and I take this way to seriously to be friendly about IDPA:)

I need to stop being so negative durring the matchs[grin]
Next match I seriously expect nothing but that positive attitude you have on so many other subjects projected into your stage prep... MENTAL FOCUS on the GOOD THINGS!!!!

I need to work on my weak hand shooting. It cost me at least 7.5 seconds this match.
FYI I'm always down for weekday/night shooting at HSC, weak hand is also an issue of mine..

I think mental attitude and preparation become a more important factor as well.
+1 on this also, I'm finally realizing how important it is to mentally prepare for stages in your mind anticipating any "issues". I dislodged a mag during the low light stage, my brain said "who cares 18 shots you dont need it" and shot that stage reasonably well.

In the end it was a nice day at the range. Thanks guys!!

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone on my squad for helpin me learn the ropes. I'm bummed I got the dnf and missed the low light. I had a blast though so ill be at the matches from here on in, and the practice, definitley need some weak hand work.

Thanks again,
Collin

You mean I missed a PE?? Damn.
Ughmmm no it was my barney mag... [smile]

Thanks to everyone on my squad for helpin me learn the ropes. I'm bummed I got the dnf and missed the low light.
beansnow you shot very well for your 1st time at IDPA. Looking forward to seeing you at the next match/practice... The low light was well pretty darn cool, sorry you missed it!!! I'm always amazed how some people imagination can turn an indoor range into a really cool warehouse. Shooting 10" from the wall was a new experience also...

I missed this one too Hanwei. I had to suffer sitting on the beach.

Poor you... we had the sand, the sun, the heat too... but instead of water and girls in bikinis- we had guys in tacticool vests and lots of lead and smoke! :)

I just want to thank the people in my squad for putting up with the nooB so.

On the low light, had another FTE. I actually cleaned/lubed the gun before this match, too...

Oh man- was your brother trash talking you!!! He said you'll never beat him in another match this year. [devil]

Yep, I wasn't even there and they texted me about it. If I were you I'd be pissed.

I see the pot.... and I see you two stirring [smile]

[devil]I smell a nice sibling rivalry type competition

Please... This sibling rivalry has been going on since we were in diapers... [grin]

I missed this one too Hanwei. I had to suffer sitting on the beach.

I know how you feel. I had to suffer through something similar. Life is rough sometimes [laugh]

Anyway... I'll see you all at the JKelly match! You better all be there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom