• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Judge takes action on gun law banning semi-automatics 'Our hats are off to the plaintiffs in this case': Boulder, Colorado, ordinance.

Reptile

NES Member
For the second time in just weeks, a federal court has tossed out city regulations that restrict residents' Second Amendment rights.

The most recent decision comes from Judge Andrew Hartman regarding a Boulder, Colorado, ordinance.

The city banned the possession, sale or transfer of semi-automatic sporting rifles, as well as magazines that could hold more than 10 rounds.

But Hartman said the court "has determined that only Colorado state (or federal) law can prohibit the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons and large capacity magazines."

The judge noted the state "has passed laws that are effectively a scheme preempting local governments from enacting municipal firearms and magazine possession ordinances."

Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, praised the decision.

"This is the way state preemption laws, which we wholeheartedly support, are supposed to work," he said. "Our hats are off to the plaintiffs in this case, Robert Chambers and James Jones, Gunsport of Colorado and the Colorado State Shooting Association. Their victory is a win for all Centennial State gun owners."

I hope joe dosnt do anything stupid over this tragity. Be interesting to see if he goes to boulder before the border

Unfortunately, Ma$$holechusetts does not have a preemption state law and worse that dump allows "Home Town Rule"
Nothing new to us Illinois natives. We were already forced to obtain FOIDs from the state police to legally purchase or possess any type of gun or ammo. Then Chicago and many of its wealthy northern suburbs banned the private possession of handguns in the 1980s. One "Karen" saw a gun shop down the street from a school in Morton Grove and wanted it shut down. She pushed for a town-wide handgun ban and it passed. Like the worst form of cancer, it metastasized quickly.

Just in time, a mass shooting around the corner to gin up the Left Wing Statist masses against Courts that protect Individual Freedom.

Let an independent Mental Health Professional interview this guy and find out who told him to do it and what drugs they put him on to mis-remember that.

read about the Boulder shooting on msn...and sho' 'nuf, there's the interviewee talking about the hope for new gun laws....so I'm thinking maybe outlawing murder for a start?

I signed in where we all gather in the morning and the darker crowd of our crew was talking about the Colorado shooting. I could only take about 30 seconds of this conversation about how something has to be done about all this gun violence and guns have to go. Then One of them said all it takes is one angry white dude with an assault rifle to stir shit up. I looked at him and asked him if that guy is on spring break in Miami also the last couple nites ? Like mental capacity wasn’t even a concideration in all their knowledge spouting. My firearms never jumped up and killed anyone. So irritating

Back
Top Bottom