Judge Bars Ammunition Dealer...

"Suffolk Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke banned such sales yesterday after C&EJ's Hunting and Fishing of Lothian, Maryland, sold 500 rounds of ammo over the Internet to an undercover officer who could not show proper credentials."

"Reilly said such sales represent more of a lax attitude toward the law, rather than an intentional effort to circumvent it. "

I'm so glad my tax dollars are being used to have undercover cops buy ammo on-line from out of state. I hope they are doing the same for fertilizer sales as well.

What a hero Reilly is. We are so much safer because of him. Good work.

Here's the rest of the press release, so you know that you won't be able to buy anything from these folks, ever:

http://www.ago.state.ma.us/sp.cfm?pageid=986&id=1396

AG REILLY STOPS ILLEGAL SALE OF ONLINE AMMUNITION
April 6, 2005
(617) 727-2534

BOSTON - Attorney General Tom Reilly announced today that he has obtained a court order prohibiting a Maryland-based Internet dealer from illegally selling ammunition to Massachusetts residents. The court order, entered in Suffolk Superior Court, marks the ninth court order obtained by AG Reilly against an online dealer accused of illegally selling ammunition in Massachusetts.

These cases stem from an undercover sting of online ammunition dealers AG Reilly launched in 2003 as part of a broader enforcement initiative targeting the illegal sale of dangerous products over the Internet. As a result of the sting, AG Reilly has brought actions against nine out-of-state online ammo retailers, effectively stopping them from selling ammunition illegally in Massachusetts. In lawsuits and judgments filed in Suffolk Superior Court, AG Reilly accused those retailers of making ammunition available to unlicensed purchasers, selling ammunition without a proper state license, and selling to minors, all barred by state law.

“We have to keep ammunition out of the hands of children and untrained and unlicensed adults is an important issue,” AG Reilly said. “While the Internet makes it easy to order all sorts of products, online dealers must still abide by our laws and keep potentially dangerous products from people without the proper credentials.”

AG Reilly obtained the latest court order against C & EJ’s Hunting and Fishing Inc., of Lothian Maryland, which operates online at www.cnejs-hunting-fishing.com . C & EJ’s sold 500 rounds of 9 mm ammunition to undercover investigators with AG Reilly’s Office. The company is now prohibited from making such unlicensed sales into Massachusetts.

AG Reilly has also obtained court orders in Suffolk Superior Court prohibiting the illegal sale of ammunition over the Internet against the following dealers:

Dan’s Sporting Goods (www.dansammo.com) of Apollo, Pennsylvania;
Marksman’s Mart (www.marksmansmart.com) of Pinckney, Michigan;
The AmmoBank (www.ammobank.com) of Rochester, NY;
Advanced International Marketing, Inc., (www.aimsurplus.com) of Middletown, Ohio;
Midway Arms, Inc. (www.midwayusa.com) of Columbia, Missouri;
Kiesler’s Police Supply (www.kieslersonline.com) of Jeffersonville, Indiana
Cascade Ammunition (www.ammunitionplus.com) of Roseberg, Oregon; and
Discount Distributors, Inc. (www.ammoman.com) of West Berlin, New Jersey.
All of the lawsuits and orders have been filed in Suffolk County Superior Court. Each of the companies must submit to measures monitoring their future sales.

Assistant Attorney General Glenn Kaplan and Jayna Stafford with Director of Investigations Quinton Dale, all of AG Reilly’s Public Protection Bureau, handled these cases.

Last edited:
“We have to keep ammunition out of the hands of children and untrained and unlicensed adults is an important issue,” AG Reilly said. “While the Internet makes it easy to order all sorts of products, online dealers must still abide by our laws and keep potentially dangerous products from people without the proper credentials.”

It's for the children. God I can't wait until I meet this guy.

I'd like for you to meet him too. I'd be afraid to face the bas*@&^ (this will be tough, I can't talk about him without swearing, but I'm trying), and the reason is I might just strangle the $@%. I wish, with all my heart that these A holes could be a victim of some type of violent crime. I don't wish them killed, I just wish they'd have the youknowwhat scared out of them. I've BEEN a victim (which is why I'm a gun owner) and I'm SICK to DEATH of the way they say they're protecting me. They can kiss my backside....

I need a valium.... [twisted]

Lynne said:
I'd like for you to meet him too. I'd be afraid to face the bas*@&^ (this will be tough, I can't talk about him without swearing, but I'm trying), and the reason is I might just strangle the $@%. I wish, with all my heart that these A holes could be a victim of some type of violent crime. I don't wish them killed, I just wish they'd have the youknowwhat scared out of them. I've BEEN a victim (which is why I'm a gun owner) and I'm SICK to DEATH of the way they say they're protecting me. They can kiss my backside....

They don't get it and I don't think they ever will, unless like you say they become a victum and the Police wasn't there to protect them. It's easy say the state is a safe place when you live in a gated community.

derek said:
Lynne said:

They don't get it and I don't think they ever will, unless like you say they become a victum and the Police wasn't there to protect them. It's easy say the state is a safe place when you live in a gated community.

They'll never get it Derek because they want us unarmed. I'm not a "Black helicopter" nut, but I firmly believe they would feel much better and braver if they know those of us who have brains are disarmed. Ya can't have another revolution if the we peons can't fight back. I pray every night that one of them will face a bad guy in a parking lot. I pray that bad guy will have a knife and scare them to the point where they need to go home and change their boxers or briefs. <sigh> One can always hope and dream....

A friend of mine here at work put it best. The Liberal gun grabbers where the guys in High School that were picked on, beat up, and didn't have many friends except for their pals in the Book club. They weren't brave enough to join the Military and now that they are in political power they are taking out their pent-up aggressions on the people who intimidate them the most.

It's their sick way of making sure they can't be removed from their post.

derek said:
A friend of mine here at work put it best. The Liberal gun grabbers where the guys in High School that were picked on, beat up, and didn't have many friends except for their pals in the Book club. They weren't brave enough to join the Military and now that they are in political power they are taking out their pent-up aggressions on the people who intimidate them the most.

It's their sick way of making sure they can't be removed from their post.

Wait a sec...I was picked on in HS, had friends in the book club and was basically pretty shy (hard to believe, huh? [lol] )....where did I go wrong?????? [lol] [lol]

BTW, Reilly doesn't stay in his cocoon! A couple of Summers ago we were driving by the State Office Building (100 Cambridge St, Boston) when we heard this loudmouth jaywalker talking to another driver (we were stopped at a traffic light). I looked out and recognized the face . . . a few seconds later I realized that this schmuck was Reilly. Too bad a speeding cabbie didn't whack him as he was weaving around cars.

No I didn't say anything to him. I realize that his political clout could easily have me arrested for some BS offense if I did so in traffic . . . and I wouldn't put it past him. If I ever run into him on foot, that's fair game! [twisted]

Derek's right, Reilly is a coward, as are his cronies in the ivory tower with him. They all seem to be fakes that won't tackle real problems for fear of anyone finding out that they don't have a clue. If confronted with a real issue, they pull out their ever present emotion card and say it's to protect the children.

derek said:
The Liberal gun grabbers where the guys in High School that were picked on, beat up, and didn't have many friends except for their pals in the Book club. They weren't brave enough to join the Military

Ahem.

Let's see...
picked on in high school - check
didn't have many friends except for their pals in the book club - well... in the science fiction one, anyway - check.
wasn't brave enough to join the military - check

However... I'm now a gun owner, regularly support the fire and police depts in my town when they call for donations (note that I do not donate to any group that tells me that my donation will help "keep guns out of school" - the kids get enough brainwashing as it is), and I donate books to OperationPaperback.com, and wish I was younger so I could rectify my omission in not joining (but that's a moot point as I will be a 1911 in less than 30 days).

OTOH... I have a friend in Maryland who also fits my description EXCEPT he joined the army for a 4 year hitch - he's now a rabid anti-gunner as is his wife.

Think your friend needs to stop generalizing so much. He's welcome to join me Riverside Gun Club when I go to the IDPA shoots.

Ross

***AG Reilly accused those retailers of making ammunition available to unlicensed purchasers, selling ammunition without a proper state license, and selling to minors, all barred by state law. ***

That's the most brilliant distortion I've seen yet. All that "minors" stuff is just a bunch of hot air.

As I understand it THERE IS NO LICENSE AVAILABLE for out of state companies to sell ammo into MA.

And Reilly calls any internet sale an MA sale if the ammo ends up in MA.

Therefore there is no legal way for ANYONE in MA to buy ammo from out of state, unless they are a licensed ammo dealer.

(More fees, more paperwork, and I'd guess the "privilege" of being an MA ammo dealer is easily denied).

earthtone55 said:
***AG Reilly accused those retailers of making ammunition available to unlicensed purchasers, selling ammunition without a proper state license, and selling to minors, all barred by state law. ***

That's the most brilliant distortion I've seen yet. All that "minors" stuff is just a bunch of hot air.

As I understand it THERE IS NO LICENSE AVAILABLE for out of state companies to sell ammo into MA.

And Reilly calls any internet sale an MA sale if the ammo ends up in MA.

Therefore there is no legal way for ANYONE in MA to buy ammo from out of state, unless they are a licensed ammo dealer.

(More fees, more paperwork, and I'd guess the "privilege" of being an MA ammo dealer is easily denied).

If anyone expects honesty out of our esteemed <gag> AG, then I've got a wonderful piece of swam...uh, prime land in FL to sell them.

Back
Top Bottom