• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Juast got the call (again)

Nice. If they keep up the rate they have been calling you might need a high capacity phone.
That's for sure. I'm lousy at posting pics, but the walls in my office at the mill are full of the pics of the deer, moose, turkeys, geese, bear and ducks that the family have taken over the years. Also pics of some of the 100 lb+ halibuts and big salmon taken by my Alaska family. My only regret is that my back won't allow me to hunt with my grandkids. However, I get my game dinners delivered from NH and the frozen fish shipped from AK. Jack.

That's amazing.
There are plenty of bears where Mark is but it takes some effort. He has to run his boat about 15 miles to the end of the bay at high tide and beach it. Then they hunt. Two guys go. When they get a bear they have to get it to the boat. Then they have up to 12 hours to get out on the next high tide. The weather changes fast. They take enough food and beer for a possible two or three day stay. They cook and sleep on the boat. Got to be ready for anything. One time a small black bear got into the boat while they were going to bed. He wanted to get his dinner from the bait bucket. Couldn't shoot him as he was in line with the 150 hp Yamaha. They had to kick his ass and he jumped out. Not your "canned" Hunt. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom