• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

JT65 Can't Get PTT Work

quincy

NES Member
I've been trying to get my rig to transmit a JT65 signal for a few days now. Getting very frustrated. I'm using FT-450D, Signalink USB, latest software JT65-HF. I can receive no problem. Can't pass the PTT test in rig set-up menu. Pretty sure something not configured correctly. With Signalink it says not to use RS233 Com port. I have the rig specific data cable and it works fine on Digipan bpsk31. Just can't get rig into xmit mode with the JT65 software. Maybe I need to use VOX??
I'm totally stumped. Thanks in advance.

Update: I got WSJT-X software to work with my rig. Looks like I'm finally sending out some sort of JT65 signal. Now the bands are dead. Anyone else out there doing JT65 like to share a short QSO with me as a test? I can do 6m if possible. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been trying to get my rig to transmit a JT65 signal for a few days now. Getting very frustrated. I'm using FT-450D, ...

To run any complex rig, join the associated forum(s) for them, e.g. Yahoo groups. Frequently there's more than one forum because there's no way to keep idiots from creating redundant groups, but usually most of the duplicate groups are obviously moribund.

Such groups contain unique stuff:

• Proprietary service manuals.
  • References for undocumented CAT commands.
  • Field fixes for fatal design flaws.
  • Explanations for ill-documented features.
  • Outboard interface circuits.
  • Three-finger salutes to switch to service and self-test modes.
  • Etc.

Don't just read the messages - check the file repositories.

Also, be leery of plausible-sounding bum steers from idiots. "Oh, you transmitted without an antenna and smelled something burning? You need to do a CPU reset."

But sometimes you can realize that there's a world-class expert on a rig posting, and then usually anything they write is pure gold.

Here's a Yahoo group for your rig: FT-450D.

Hope this helps. 73's,

Back
Top Bottom