• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

JP Enterprises Spring Kit

Knicks

NES Member
Anyone have any experience with these? Specifically the 3.5lb spring kit.

Last edited:
If you're referring to the 'silent captured recoil spring' then yes. I have them in my Colt H-Bar Match and LMT. I love 'em. The first time I fired an AR, my H-Bar, I thought...what the hell...that sounds awful. I immediately set about trying to free the cheese grater. I found the JP springs, bought 2 and first fitted one to the LMT. The first time I fired it I thought it malfunctioned but it was just that smooth and quiet. I let one of the guys at the LGS try one of them. The next time I saw him he just handed me cash to buy another because he didn't want to remove it from his rifle.

There are two beasts:

- The action spring. The 3.5 is yellow and cautioned "not for duty use" (though I have never had a misfire with mine)

- The captured recoil/buffer spring assembly; very nice; eliminates the "twang" when firing.

I've got the yellow springs in a couple of lowers. I've never had ignition issues with .223/5.56. However, with my spikes .22LR conversion bolt I've had a lot of failures to fire.

I've got the yellow springs in a couple of lowers. I've never had ignition issues with .223/5.56. However, with my spikes .22LR conversion bolt I've had a lot of failures to fire.

I had the same experience. If you want reliability with 22 rim fire, you need a GI hammer spring.

Back
Top Bottom