• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Journalist finds 'rifle and ammunition' at Walmart, picture shows it's just a Red Ryder BB gun

Reptile

NES Member
A British journalist who was alarmed over the deadly potential of items he saw at Walmart was rebuked and ridiculed after sharing his commentary with the world.

The BBC’s Padraig Belton reported Monday about the deadly nature of a Walmart he visited while in Florida.

“Hi from America. Where Walmart doesn’t have a plug adapter for my UK laptop. But on the other hand, I can buy a rifle and ammunition,” he wrote.

View: https://twitter.com/PadraigBelton/status/1518980573007597568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1518980573007597568%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fjournalist-horrified-find-rifle-ammunition-walmart-people-tell-really%2F

Continues...

A British journalist who was alarmed over the deadly potential of items he saw at Walmart was rebuked and ridiculed after sharing his commentary with the world.

The BBC’s Padraig Belton reported Monday about the deadly nature of a Walmart he visited while in Florida.

“Hi from America. Where Walmart doesn’t have a plug adapter for my UK laptop. But on the other hand, I can buy a rifle and ammunition,” he wrote.

View: https://twitter.com/PadraigBelton/status/1518980573007597568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1518980573007597568%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westernjournal.com%2Fjournalist-horrified-find-rifle-ammunition-walmart-people-tell-really%2F

Continues...

What a loser. Like they say , what a Beta Male.

What a dolt. BB guns are legal in UK.
I think he's just another POS European who likes to use any excuse to shit on the USA.
I've had enough of these people over the years.
Always from Europe.
pretty inflammatory...we should lock this thread! [devil] [laugh]

i feel the need to explain to the more sensitive among us...my statement above was put there in jest. mr. @snax is one of the good guys.

What a dolt. BB guns are legal in UK.
I think he's just another POS European who likes to use any excuse to shit on the USA.
I've had enough of these people over the years.
Always from Europe.
…and he was looking for a power converter in the Sporting Goods department? What a lame story - the journalist had a pre-conceived motive to write something anti-gun on Twitter.

For his safety he should leave the country ASAP. He barely escaped isle 7 without a massacre, he should count his blessings and leave.

Funny aside - was listening to this week's Meateater pod. Guy from Engrand there. Turns out that air rifles are HUGE over there b/c you can't get a rifle permit. Ergo, everyone and his brother is out plinking in their backyards with underpowered air rifles.

So Patrick Buttmunch is all freaking wet to begin with.

People on M4Carbine have pictures of price tags. This was after Sandy Hook when they went on sale.

I still call bullshit, even before SH they were $1100-1200 bucks. It's possible at some point walmart had heavily discounted them to move them out or
something. (because they never were going to sell them again) Thats the only plausible explanation. Otherwise 6920s were never $800 ARs.

I still call bullshit, even before SH they were $1100-1200 bucks. It's possible at some point walmart had heavily discounted them to move them out or
something. (because they never were going to sell them again) Thats the only plausible explanation. Otherwise 6920s were never $800 ARs.
Walmart had all their rifle and pistol ammo on clearance for a day or 2 also.

A couple years ago.

They had 9mm for 10 cents a round. 5.56 was about 12 cents.

Some unnamed individuals on this forum found out about it and bought out all their local stores within 24 hours.

They literally backed up the truck.

The 6920's may not have been exactly $800. It was more like $799.88 or $814.88 before tax. People on M4Carbine and AR15.com were posting receipts and price tags for bragging rights.

This was after Walmart had pressure to stop selling AR15's after Sandy Hook and they market them all down.

On Slickguns they used to have deals for less than $900 for a 6920 back in those days. You had to pay shipping though.

He is from the United Kingdom where:

Air pistols generating more than 6 ft·lbf (8.1 J) and air rifles generating more than 12 ft·lbf (16.2 J) of muzzle energy are legally termed "specifically dangerous firearms".

ETA: The Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 22 I picked up on closeout from Midway USA for $100 has 23 ft.lbs. of muzzle energy.

Last edited:
Funny aside - was listening to this week's Meateater pod. Guy from Engrand there. Turns out that air rifles are HUGE over there b/c you can't get a rifle permit. Ergo, everyone and his brother is out plinking in their backyards with underpowered air rifles.
But not in Newton. [rofl2]

He is from the United Kingdom where:

ETA: The Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 22 I picked up on closeout from Midway USA for $100 has 23 ft.lbs. of muzzle energy.

IIRC, it's a .177 going about 700fps. As the guest on Meateater said, "You can't even kill a squirrel with that."

Strange oddity - PH's in England can go on pretty much ANY land to take out nuisance deer. Deer are not hunted like they are here b/c there is no huntable open land. It's all owned by the gentry. So if Mrs. McGoo has a deer problem, she calls a PH and he comes and dispatches the deer with a rifle. In a neighborhood. ROFL!!!! Talk about the backwards nature of safety. "Sure, 50 row houses on either side. Have at it with your .223, mate!" (Deer are much smaller in England. Some MUCH MUCH smaller.)

(Deer are much smaller in England. Some MUCH MUCH smaller.)
5ep257.jpg

Dumb libby Brit should have brought his own converter and he wouldn’t have gotten his bloomers all twisted up his arse.

Yup. If an American was getting twisted up because they couldn’t find a converter for their gear in another country this guy would probably be the first in line to call them an obnoxious, entitled, prick. Do what everyone else does and do the research to have your shit in order before you get on the plane.

Maximum 12 ft/lbs muzzle energy in the UK unless you have an actual firearm certificate.

Back
Top Bottom