1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Jordan Peterson debate on the gender pay gap, campus protests and postmodernism

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Admin, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

Long video but Jordan is spot on. Feels will be hurt.

NHCraigT, Jason Flare, mibro and 5 others like this.
  2. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

I watched that earlier. She just keeps twisting his words and he just keeps saying "No, that's not what I said. I said ___." The guy is good and made a ton of good points. He really stumped her about 20 minutes in :)

3. johnnymac101

johnnymac101 NES Member

she was pretty hostile and keep trying to generalize everything he said!

4. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

I love the way he converses. His very brief moment to think of his response to what she actually said/asks shows that he is not thinking ahead for his answers. Oh, and without verbal pauses! lol. I only wish he stated that there is no "right not to be offended".

5. NH_Realtor

NH_Realtor NES Life Member NES Member

I just learned about Dr. Peterson after listening to Jocko Podcast #98 and man was I blown away. Check out his Youtube channels and his website. It's worth the time.

Admin likes this.
  6. 71montess

71montess

Wow, I listened closely, he never lost me, and I agree !

7. beaker

beaker NES Member

All I can say is that this is one of the most incredible, professional, technical take-downs of a hardcore moronic leftist I have ever seen. And he knows exactly what he is talking about.

It's long, and savor every minute.

mibro, PaulR, Whiskeyjim and 4 others like this.
  8. beaker

beaker NES Member

kman likes this.
  9. beaker

beaker NES Member

Debunking the Marxist lie of white privilege...

kman likes this.
  10. ASHDUMP

ASHDUMP NES Member

I'd hate to get into a debate with that guy.... You can tell he is brilliant.

11. Mr.E

Mr.E

Guy is certainly smart and does a great job of keeping composure and staying relaxed in order to fetch facts and data.
    The interviewer on the other hand is not fit to interview girl scouts standing outside of a store. The way she tried to put words in his mouth annoyed me. That and the fact that she clearly couldn't keep up with him.
    "So you're saying women are useless and should shut up an accept their role"..."Umm, not even close to what I've said and if you were fit for this job you would be able to follow what I ACTUALLY said and would stop trying to trigger an argument"..

12. ASHDUMP

ASHDUMP NES Member

I like how he tried to use her as an example of success.... She changed the topic real quick.

13. Mr.E

Mr.E

Ha,"but I worked hard"...Ya, ok, and that's my point that it takes certain traits such as hardwork and the ability to disagree and think independently to rise to the top...nothing about gender buddy, just traits. And then she tried to spin that around to changing the rules to get to the top...yes, because that should be the solution. If it's too difficult to get there you might as well lower the bar so EVERYONE can do it, what an ideal society that would be.

Admin likes this.
  14. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Great interview. Thank you for sharing. He's pointed out some very interesting things that I hadn't really considered.

The multi-variable vs uni-variable analysis.

I really loved the fact that he nailed the interviewer on free speech. She really had no come-back for that.

mibro likes this.
  15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

She's just looking for a fight to be provocative. He's just not operating in our world and can keep himself separate from the fray. LOL

Admin and System6ix like this.
  16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

"Why do you think your freedom of speech trumps a trans person's right to be offended." LOL

She wasn't THAT bad. And his hits were subtle. Still think she's trying to be provocative. She's for-sure believing that the 9% means that men are bad, but she's actually BENEFITED from the "patriarchal" system. She's disagreeable, got her where she was and if the decisions were somehow merit-based only she'd be dishing out tea at the local pub.

mibro and Admin like this.
  17. System6ix

System6ix NES Member

And savor I did! Thanks for sharing this. Not sure what rock I am living under, but I had never heard of Jordan Peterson before this.

Admin likes this.
  18. NH_Realtor

NH_Realtor NES Life Member NES Member

Dig in to his youtube channel and website (just google him). It's well worth the time, the guy has a great mind and an incredible understanding of human beings.

Admin likes this.
  19. Bob J

Bob J NES Member

Jordan is awesome! Amazing the way he navigates around all the traps.... Brilliant and very precise!

20. johnnymac101

johnnymac101 NES Member

21. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Thanks for posting this, it knocked cobwebs off my mind formed by reading endless msm.

22. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Another Jordan Peterson video that is definitely worth watching - he's talking with Mark Steyn about the growing communist insurrection and takeover of the universities that is going on right under our noses

23. mibro

mibro NES Member

I would like to thank you for listening, understanding and seeing a place where your mental model of how things work is not really correct.

The "gender pay gap" is one of the most vile, dishonest talking points of the left as it looks only at the gross pay gap between all men and all women. It completely ignores many variables that affect pay the most of important of which is that men and women choose different types of work. If it's dirty, dangerous, requires physical strength or takes place in the great outdoors you will overwhelmingly find men doing it.

Only yesterday I listened to a female EMT telling me for liability reasons they couldn't let me help carry my wife, who has two broken legs, into my house. After the same EMT staggered and almost dropped my wife down a flight of stairs I offered my help again and she accepted as that was the only way the two EMTs were going to be able to do their job.

That little vignette is a microcosm of the whole f***ing economy.

24. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

There's no better illustration of the BS of the "gender pay gap" - than looking at the New England Patriot's quarterback - and his wife.

Tom Brady net worth = $180 million

Giselle Bundchen net worth = $360 million

Tom Brady has to literally work his ass off - in profession where there is a chance of getting paralyzed or seriously screwed up for life. And he's been doing it for a while.

What does Giselle actually do for work ? Shake her ass and get paid for it? And yet she has made TWICE what Brady has made.

Things like this are very conveniently ignored by the left when they're bringing up their BS talking points about things like the "pay gap"

25. FormerlyIndifferent

FormerlyIndifferent

If brought up, the left would convict her of white privilege and say that her salary was ill-gotten because of it; and they'd claim her salary "doesn't count" on their pay gap claims about women.

26. Climbnsink

Climbnsink

Ever read some of the pay gap stuff? Goes way beyond fraud. They compare 20 year old female convenience store clerks with 20 year old union construction apprentices. Yeah no shit. How about the wage difference between male clerks and female strippers?

calsdad likes this.
  27. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Exactly.

The male clerks and female strippers thing is pretty much the same sort of scenario I was talking about with Brady vs. Bundchen. Brady actually has to WORK his ass to get paid. Bundchen just needs to shake her ass to get paid - a lot more. I've seen a few documentaries about the workers out in the Dakota oil fields. The subject of women working out there comes up - and in a couple of them they profile a bunch of strippers. The strippers are raking in money hand over fist - and are making a REALLY good living.

Compare what they (the strippers) do for "work" with what the men out there do (oil field work is hard hard work - and it's often in the brutal cold) - and it's a perfect example of what Jordan Peterson is talking about - you HAVE TO compare apples against apples and not try to justify the bullshit claims of the "gender pay gap" freaks by using that "comparable work" crap.

28. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Thought I'd add this to this thread even though it won't get as much play.

Turns out Uber did a massive study (1.8 million drivers, millions of rides) to compare hourly pay between male and female Uber drivers.

Pay Disparity Between Men and Women Even Exists in the Gig Economy

Seven percent. SEVEN PERCENT! Even when Uber takes out all the factors of "oh, we pay men more than women" and "oh, we give the good stuff to men" and "oh men work more hours and therefore get a greater overall pay", women STILL make 7% less.

Because they don't work the work that men are willing to work.

Because they don't hustle as much. They drive fewer people per hour than men.

Because they choose hours that are more convenient to them.

Funny is this was on Freakanomics. And the Freak tried to spin it as "well, society still downgrades women, maybe they should be paid 7% more." Of course

A) I'm sure he's not giving up 7% of his royalties to help struggling female book writers.

B) A woman's choice to stay home for kids, parents, whatever is something between her and her husband/BF/Babydaddy. There IS a choice. If that particular couple decides the wife should stay home, then she stays home. If it decides that the husband should stay home, let him. Hell, Mr. Mom was 30+ years ago!!! Society is NOT somehow financially responsible for this.

Soooooo, next time your local Rachel Madcow decides to spout off about the gender pay gap, you can explain to her that Uber did the research and the only people in the way of women making more $ is women. Period!