• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jon Stewart Dismantles Weak GOP Rep on Gun Control

not exactly for this topic, but, anyway, does not matter. gotta love how it all works these days with antis.

"Democrats made the liability changes in a bill that previously focused on bolstering gun storage standards in homes where children are present"
"The new version of the storage measure would delete about two pages of law that say federally licensed firearm dealers are not liable for damages "arising from the use or misuse" of a gun"

it is no matter what label they put on their 'laws' - it is always the same outcome.

I didn’t say it should be banned by the government.

I’m just not going to pretend thinks wholesome family entertainment.

Okay, but that's what the thread is about: a question by Jon Stewart that equates 1A bans to 2A bans, with a politician scrambling to explain why one is okay and the other is not.

I'd like to hear that answer too. I'm curious how people square that circle. And posters who talk about what a pressing "danger" drag queens are, and then back off from saying that should be banned... what are you proposing, exactly? It sounds as though you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Okay, but that's what the thread is about: a question by Jon Stewart that equates 1A bans to 2A bans, with a politician scrambling to explain why one is okay and the other is not.

I'd like to hear that answer too. I'm curious how people square that circle. And posters who talk about what a pressing "danger" drag queens are, and then back off from saying that should be banned... what are you proposing, exactly? It sounds as though you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.
Lol!

That’s rich considering you said you wouldn’t bring my our kids to a show because they won’t sit still. You sure that’s the only reason?

Drag queens have existed for a long time on the fringe of society. Now we need to accept them as a mainstream part of society and pretend like there are no issues that come along with that.

Im proposing we stop pretending it’s normal behavior because it isn’t. And no I don’t think it’s ok for parents to bring their kids to drag shows. There’s lots of stupid stuff parents do that I don’t agree with. That doesn’t mean I think the government should step in.

How about a compromise, drag queens are banned until the NFA is revoked?

talk about what a pressing "danger" drag queens are
so the whole topic for drag queens producing propaganda indoctrination shows for pre-puberty kids at the government properties - libraries - how is it anything related to 1a, at all?
yes, it is where the line draws. and it does not equate into anything, as live demonstration of how 2 adult males dressed up like women copulate into ass is not a freedom of speech.

Lol!

That’s rich considering you said you wouldn’t bring my our kids to a show because they won’t sit still. You sure that’s the only reason?

Drag queens have existed for a long time on the fringe of society. Now we need to accept them as a mainstream part of society and pretend like there are no issues that come along with that.

Im proposing we stop pretending it’s normal behavior because it isn’t. And no I don’t think it’s ok for parents to bring their kids to drag shows. There’s lots of stupid stuff parents do that I don’t agree with. That doesn’t mean I think the government should step in.

My kids have seen drag shows, believe it or not. It's what happens a lot in improv, which we used to go to a lot of. We don't anymore... because they can't sit still.

The drag queens somehow failed to turn my kids into mini-drag queens. Maybe exposure to these kinds of things isn't all that determinative? I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom