Johnston RI concealed carry permit

Are you Mass getting non-res licenses through Johnston? What's the process on that? I tried reading through the past posts but it's a little unclear.

Are you Mass getting non-res licenses through Johnston? What's the process on that? I tried reading through the past posts but it's a little unclear.

If you have MA LTC you can apply through any town in RI. Johnston is issuing to res & non-res so i know they are GTG. There are plenty of other towns issuing as well. the res & non-res process is the same, go to the PD, get an application packet, complete and submit. You will need to complete the RI live-fire qualification as well and have your instructor sign off on your application.

If you have MA LTC you can apply through any town in RI. Johnston is issuing to res & non-res so i know they are GTG. There are plenty of other towns issuing as well. the res & non-res process is the same, go to the PD, get an application packet, complete and submit. You will need to complete the RI live-fire qualification as well and have your instructor sign off on your application.
Are they requiring letters of reference (or other extraneous considerations) as some towns do?

Johnston is not giving out applications? They are "reviewing" their policy and "don't know" when they will start giving them out again.

Any suggestions about other "Green" RI Towns would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I went to JPD today and the polite but stern dispatcher told me that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Johnston is not giving out applications? They are "reviewing" their policy and "don't know" when they will start giving them out again.

Any suggestions about other "Green" RI Towns would be appreciated.

This was inevitable. As soon as one town gets a reputation for issuing non-resident permits, it will get inundated and it's only a matter of time before someone decides the department does not have the resources to act as the NR issuing agency for the state.

Steven , have you heard back from johnston yet? I put mine in March 16, phone interview the 4th of april and not heard back since... getting kinda nervous.

I posted in another thread, but I'll repeat it here, hopefully someone can provide more info...

I called Johnston PD this morning and they said they are not currently giving out applications. They said they are reviewing their permit application policy and to call back in a week or so. No other info beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom