• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match - July 31 - Harvard Sportsmens Club

I am sorry I did not get to talk to more of the NES's that were there.
I was too busy trying not to come in last on every stage that I participated in...lol
I will admit I put the first hole through the friendly on the IDPA stage... although I did notice he handed off a bug to the guy behind him :)

Thanks again to all that went into this awesome event. Look forward to next year.

can somebody give me a quick rundown on how to read the USPSA score sheet? What is Pen, Hit Factor, Stage points, Stage %, Total points, etc

Thanks

Pen: Penalties -10 for a miss, -10 of a No shoot,
Hit factor: Points you shot on the stage divided by the time
Stage points: is the amount of points you got based off your hit factor compared to the shooter with the highest hit factor
Stage % is the percentage of points you got based off your hit factor compared to the shooter with the highest hit factor
Total points is all your stage points for the match

Pen is penalty points- A noshoot or miss is 10 penalty points. You get them for other things too.

Hit Factor is all your points added up for the stage (less pen points), divided by your time.

Highest HF wins the stage and gets the FULL points for the stage - ie 32 targets- 160 points.

The stage points are based on your % of the highest HF for the stage. So if your HF was 80% of the highest you'd get 80% of the 160pts

And since for this match, each stage was worth 100 points towards the match, the shooter with the HHF (while getting 160 points in a USPSA match) earned 100 John Kelly Match points. So the stage % column equates to the points for this match.

BTW, one more correction for a REVO score. Results reposted. Tx

I just wanted to join my voice with all others to say what a great time I had at this match!

I especially enjoyed the shotgun side match (although not as much as being 2nd in Aaron's heart!)!

Thank you all!

Just got back from vacation, was die'n to see those scores. Thanks to everyone for all the work on this and Grats Dave S. and the other division winners...showing off your versitility!

Donna, you are one tough RO!

[smile] But I try to be fair and be a hardass scoring with everyone[sad2] I've lost in friendly competition with a friend and vice versa due to loosely given A's. Pisses both of us off. I have to say you were very gracious and even refused my offer of an overlay with a smile. Sad to say, at the Sectionals last year, I had a shooter (not from this area) pull a temper tantrum. Even after the overlay and his buddy telling him he was wrong! When I offered to pull the target, he said 'forget it - do it your way'. But, I'm a Dot girl and I don't back down. My reply was, no - I do it by the rules.

That's all you can do as an RO Donna- if you offer the overlay and they refuse then tell them to stop squawking! ;)

Back
Top Bottom