• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match - July 31 - Harvard Sportsmens Club

You going to be wearing a skirt again? [hmmm]

DSC00725.jpg

[laugh] [laugh][laugh]

Actually... if it's really hot out... that might not be a bad idea. He might not like the idpa stage that requires you to jump off a rooftop chasing the bad guys that tried to break into your house though. [laugh]

Staying with the principles IDPA was supposed to have been started under and have been forgotten, (Real Life Scenarios) THAT would be a shotgun stage. [wink]

Great match today. Good times. Thanks to the SO's and MD for running everything safely. I think John would have loved that there were 100 shooters present. [rockon]

Dave Bold is hard at work on the scores as I write this... we had 109 scoresheets turned in, which does not count several staff members who did not shoot the match! After paying for the shotgun ammo and the PPC targets we had $2,720 left over which will result in a donation of $1,360 to GOAL and $1,360 to the American Heart Association. Last year we had 77 shooter and we donated $916 to each charity and the funds from the gun raffles and T-shirts went to pay unpaid funeral expenses. Well done NESers!

What a great day we had today at the Harvard Sportsmens Club - IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, Walls of Steel, PPC and another match with the SASS Cowboys... we had a little of everything here today. My thanks to everyone who helped put this together. Stay tuned to this thread for a link to the match results, which will be posted by Dave Bold on the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford's Action Pistol website.

Another thank you to all the people who worked hard to put this together. This was my first event like this, and I'll definately do it again. The sunburn and dustiness just added to the challenge.

we had 109 scoresheets turned in, which does not count several staff members who did not shoot the match! After paying for the shotgun ammo and the PPC targets we had $2,720 left over which will result in a donation of $1,360 to GOAL and $1,360 to the American Heart Association. Last year we had 77 shooter and we donated $916 to each charity and the funds from the gun raffles and T-shirts went to pay unpaid funeral expenses. Well done NESers!

Kick ass [thumbsup]

What a great day with a variety of different disciplines. The weather was beautiful. A big thanks to John for spearheading this whole thing and all of those that helped out setup run and tear down all the different stages.

I do think we needed more cowbell, I mean barrels, on the IDPA stage though. [wink].

Awesome match. Can't wait to do it again. 7/29/2012, anyone? Thanks to the rest of the staff. I'm sure Mr. Kelly was respectfully smiling down on us today.

The event organizers described the spirit of this event an honorarium to Mr. Kelly and a celebration of his legacy in the shooting sports. One of his strongest attributes described, was his kindness to new shooters. His spirit and legacy were most definitely exemplified by the incredible hospitality this new shooter enjoyed at this, my first ever competitive shoot.

Bob, Denis, Don, the ROs, SOs, event staff and too many others to possibly be named here shared their knowledge, equipment, patience and understanding, making this an incredible event for me and I am sure many other new shooters.

I did not have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kelly, but I am positive he was proudly smiling from above!!!

Thanks and congratulations to everyone involved on the funds raised and also for the kindness and camaraderie!!

Looking forward to next year, when I am also looking to put more lead on paper and steel, than I did in the berm :)

It was a pleasure shooting with you today too. It was a fun shoot and a good cause. The stages were interesting and fun. I think you'll be surprised at how well you did. I'm looking forward to shooting with you in the future.

Don

Those are some great donations!! JK would be proud. We're all winners today... ok well not really but it feels good!

Thanks to the team that made this happen- it was a long ass day and they put in a ton of work. Hats off to you!

What a great day! Thanks to all the organizers and RSOs and ASOs. I got a chance to shoot USPSA and Walls of Steel for the first time and they were a blast!

Taking a break for the night. Scores are about 75% done. Damn... forgot how long this match takes to enter scores for! Results will be posted tomorrow night (well, I guess tonight now :). Thanks for your patience.

Had an excellent time yesterday. Thank you to all the people that made this charity event happen. It was a very long day, Thank you to the SOs and ASOs for putting up with us.

Back
Top Bottom