• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Browning grandson passing

John Browning designed weapons have been used in every US military action since and including the Spanish-American war.

Our best military (and civilian maybe) weapon designer ever in my opinion.
The world's best, in my not very humble opinion. Timelessness is a hallmark required to he called a great design. Among the dozens of successful guns he designed, most over 100 years ago, several are still in production. I'm sure this is a partial list.
- Winchester lever actions
- Browning HiPower
- M2

A Czech gun maker announced an agreement to acquire the parent company of Colts Manufacturing, the iconic brand based in West Hartford whose revolver "won the West" in American lore.

Česká Zbrojovka Group SE indicated plans to pay $220 million in cash and 1.1 million shares of its stock for Colt Holding Company LLC, with possible additional shares depending on Colt's future profitability. The combined company would have $500 million in annual revenue and "presents a real small arms powerhouse," in the words of CZG's chairman Lubomír Kovařík in a company press release.

Interesting that it came out on the 110th anniversary of the patent of the 1911 (or at least the first I am hearing about it).

Colt sale

Another article

Last edited:
The world's best, in my not very humble opinion. Timelessness is a hallmark required to he called a great design. Among the dozens of successful guns he designed, most over 100 years ago, several are still in production. I'm sure this is a partial list.
- Winchester lever actions
- Browning HiPower
- M2
He also invented the semi auto and the machine gun.

Back
Top Bottom