Joe Rogan, removed from Spotify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy. He probably left on his own.
I had heard Rumble offered him $100Mill.
He doesnt need any more money, he can just chill on his new place in Austin, do some standup and smoke weed.

I'm guessing Spotify got hacked and is affecting the "listings."

I'm in the middle of one of the episodes with 'Meat Eater' Steve Rinella - and I can still play that.

I bet he’s battling with them for removing like 40 of his podcasts and as a result, they took him down for now. Probably going to be a major lawsuit.

I don't understand why so many people still use Spotify? They were doing leftist nonsense as far back as 2016. If the artist is small enough, pay them directly or through a service like Bandcamp which offers direct song downloads. If they're big enough to be signed to a major label, the label doesn't deserve your money, so find a way to listen to the music without paying.

As far as Rogan, he's big enough that he can start his own platform or use a different one.

I bet he’s battling with them for removing like 40 of his podcasts and as a result, they took him down for now. Probably going to be a major lawsuit.
I thought that he agreed to take down a bunch of episodes on his own. I think he took down stuff that he didn’t want people clipping into more problems for him. I listened to it this morning but he’s gone now from my Spotify

Ya, back on now. I don't really listen too much anymore.
Only podcast I catch on a regular basis is MeatEater, new one every Monday.
But I was hoping Joe had told them F*&^k off and walked...

I dont listen to Spotify. I’ll watch some clips on Youtube but that’s it. I switched to Tidal and then Apple Music since it works the best on CarPlay

Reactions: AHM
I don't understand why so many people still use Spotify? They were doing leftist nonsense as far back as 2016. If the artist is small enough, pay them directly or through a service like Bandcamp which offers direct song downloads. If they're big enough to be signed to a major label, the label doesn't deserve your money, so find a way to listen to the music without paying.
Suggestions for a non-leftist platform that will let me stream music and make recommendations all day for free?

I dont listen to Spotify. I’ll watch some clips on Youtube but that’s it. I switched to Tidal and then Apple Music since it works the best on CarPlay
The Spotify app is complete shite. maybe if you pay for premium it’s better, but, it’s buggy as hell for me. It will just start a new episode in the middle of a different one and sometimes just crash. Cold day in hell when I pay for another monthly service, too.

The Spotify app is complete shite. maybe if you pay for premium it’s better, but, it’s buggy as hell for me. It will just start a new episode in the middle of a different one and sometimes just crash. Cold day in hell when I pay for another monthly service, too.
The fact that I can use Siri for music makes Apple Music the default for me.

Suggestions for a non-leftist platform that will let me stream music and make recommendations all day for free?
Yes, the recommendation algorithm is very good, admittedly I miss that, but it's not worth supporting them over.
Best bet would be to not pay for premium and use an ad-blocker.

Personally I run my own music streaming server (called Plex) and my music lives on my hard drives and I stream it to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom