Joe Lieberman: IfObama Can 'Do Something' About Guns by Executive Order

Joe Lieberman: If Obama Can 'Do Something' About Guns by Executive Order, 'God Bless Him'

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-h...bout-guns-executive-order-god-b#ixzz2FZo4naQP

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) told CNN on Monday that the Connecticut shooting was a "tipping point" and added that if President Obama wanted to take action on gun laws by using an executive order, "God bless him."

"This is all about trying to limit access to guns by people who shouldn't have them. Based on their records. And to keep military weapons off of the commercial market," Lieberman said of his proposals.

"I think this murder of 20 pure innocent little children is a tipping point," he insisted, adding that his proposed "national commission on violence" should not prevent action from Congress or President Obama on guns. "If the President can do something now by executive order, God bless him. If Congress can get together soon and get something done, God bless Congress," he said.

Some one should enact a law stating anything that limits anything on the constitution like infringes on any amendment even slightly president is charged with felonys

Some one should enact a law stating anything that limits anything on the constitution like infringes on any amendment even slightly president is charged with felonys

You mean breaking an oathe......
Yea already done. People just need to nut up and take action against these tyrants.

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

I will never understand some of the Jewish people out there that just want to disarm everyone but the gestapo.[angry]

He certainly hasn't hesitated to use EOs in the past where Congress was uncooperative.

I wonder why he feels so strongly about disarming everyone... [thinking]

I work with two Jewish women who hate all guns. I haven't lost my temper yet by playing the Holocaust card, but that day is coming soon. From previous conversations with them, I am the only one who lost family in the camps.....I will remind them that Hitler took our guns away, if we had guns things might have been a little different. If I get mad enough, I'll ask them if they would have gone into the cattle car voluntarily.......

Sorry, is about the only word I have and it doesn't do nearly enough.

I don't have your ancestry, but noting that and noting the way the world is under controlling governments, I have great fear that the sheep are trying to rule the day, ignorantly and unforgivably. As a student of history, I know that when government has the power of both the pulpit and the gun, the people always suffer.

On a more recent example, I look to Katrina - government orders or no, Im not being bussed into any Superdome. Ever.

This clamor for a police state disgusts me and makes me laugh - when liberals were against PATRIOT and similar acts, they were right in saying that it gives the government too much power. Now these selfsame mooks conveniently forget that this action is no different?

Combine this with the economic collapse that's all but inevitable and now the slam against preppers, the whole thing just feels like an outright conspiracy - they know shit's about to hit the fan - what better way to control the hordes than by stripping the one means they have to fight back in a crisis?

Again, we NEED community - we need to band together and reach out to each other, right here in this forum. We need solutions for ourselves when "leaders" like the NRA seem willing only to compromise.

Its time to stand up. Let them scoff when you bring up the Holocaust, saying it will never happen here or happen again. Recent world events and actions scream otherwise. Let them scoff. Let us be prepared and let us rule the day through forging strong communities of patriots, before the time is over.

And yeah, I used the P word. If not now, then when?

I work with two Jewish women who hate all guns. I haven't lost my temper yet by playing the Holocaust card, but that day is coming soon. From previous conversations with them, I am the only one who lost family in the camps.....I will remind them that Hitler took our guns away, if we had guns things might have been a little different. If I get mad enough, I'll ask them if they would have gone into the cattle car voluntarily.......

I don't have your ancestry, but noting that and noting the way the world is under controlling governments, I have great fear that the sheep are trying to rule the day, ignorantly and unforgivably. As a student of history, I know that when government has the power of both the pulpit and the gun, the people always suffer.

On a more recent example, I look to Katrina - government orders or no, Im not being bussed into any Superdome. Ever.

This clamor for a police state disgusts me and makes me laugh - when liberals were against PATRIOT and similar acts, they were right in saying that it gives the government too much power. Now these selfsame mooks conveniently forget that this action is no different?

Combine this with the economic collapse that's all but inevitable and now the slam against preppers, the whole thing just feels like an outright conspiracy - they know shit's about to hit the fan - what better way to control the hordes than by stripping the one means they have to fight back in a crisis?

Again, we NEED community - we need to band together and reach out to each other, right here in this forum. We need solutions for ourselves when "leaders" like the NRA seem willing only to compromise.

Its time to stand up. Let them scoff when you bring up the Holocaust, saying it will never happen here or happen again. Recent world events and actions scream otherwise. Let them scoff. Let us be prepared and let us rule the day through forging strong communities of patriots, before the time is over.

We should stage a MASSIVE open carry march....right through the middle of Down Town Boston Exactly where Paul Revere made his famous ride!

It's interesting you guys brought up the Holocaust today because I had a huge debate/argument again this morning with my wife, and I brought that subject up when she was telling me the perspective on guns that one of her best friends (who is a Jewish doctor) shared with her. He basically said without going into all the details, that he understands that guns were once very necessary to survival both for hunting, as well as for defense against the British at the inception of this country, but feels that in today's civilized society, they don't really have a place except for people using them for evil and destructive purposes. I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing this and told my wife that it blew me away coming from someone with direct Jewish descent! I quickly pointed this out to her and she said that it could never happen again, and certainly not HERE!

On a more positive note, though... we were watching a press conference last night where some guy (can't think of his name at the moment) directly addressed Obama for his "lack of action" regarding gun control in the wake of recent mass shootings. I have to say that I really enjoyed how Obama very cool, and collected, answered him with something like "(insert guy's name), I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I haven't exactly been on vacation here, or asleep at the wheel, I've had the most major financial meltdown in our history to deal with, 2 wars, etc." and it went on with more details I can't remember, but it certainly shut the guy up anyway. For all of the negative that we as gun owners generally say, and feel about him, one thing that nobody can accuse him of is not being a "thinking man". He didn't just jump the gun as GWBjr. did at every turn. Not saying he isn't going to do "something", but at least he is taking the time to carefully consider all the information without just jumping into an emotional EO, or something. I'm not a fan of his, but I give credit, where credit is due, and I'm trying my best to stay as optimistic as possible with what we are now facing as law abiding gun owners.

On a more positive note, though... we were watching a press conference last night where some guy (can't think of his name at the moment) directly addressed Obama for his "lack of action" regarding gun control in the wake of recent mass shootings. I have to say that I really enjoyed how Obama very cool, and collected, answered him with something like "(insert guy's name), I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I haven't exactly been on vacation here, or asleep at the wheel, I've had the most major financial meltdown in our history to deal with, 2 wars, etc." and it went on with more details I can't remember, but it certainly shut the guy up anyway. For all of the negative that we as gun owners generally say, and feel about him, one thing that nobody can accuse him of is not being a "thinking man". He didn't just jump the gun as GWBjr. did at every turn. Not saying he isn't going to do "something", but at least he is taking the time to carefully consider all the information without just jumping into an emotional EO, or something. I'm not a fan of his, but I give credit, where credit is due, and I'm trying my best to stay as optimistic as possible with what we are now facing as law abiding gun owners.

[thinking]

I saw like three P words in your post, which one you referring to?

Did any one stop to think that he has seen that he up against the line in the sand, and now it is time to shift the focus on to something else. That is a trait of his.

That was my point. For all of his obvious failings, he at least takes the time to consider everything before making a move unlike the previous clown we had in office. I'm sure he knows that there are many in this country with their "go time" clock ticking down which is why he will do his best to do "something" to appease the masses calling for him to do so, but without pushing others over the edge completely, like an EO would likely do.

As a jew... I don't know why many of us are this naive. I have many close Jewish friends making calls though, so hope is not lost.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

When NKVD were making their nightly calls, sheep prayed to the same god of Joe's that it's not going to be their door to get the knocked on.

Every society feels that they are the most civilized since the last guys [rofl]

wasn't lieberman the dick-penis who was not only a democrat but also trying to ban video games years ago, too? independent my ass, just a toolbag like all the others.

That was my point. For all of his obvious failings, he at least takes the time to consider everything before making a move unlike the previous clown we had in office. I'm sure he knows that there are many in this country with their "go time" clock ticking down which is why he will do his best to do "something" to appease the masses calling for him to do so, but without pushing others over the edge completely, like an EO would likely do.

I think you're giving him way more credit than he remotely deserves, and for no apparent reason other than contrasting him with GWB.

Last night I was at the general members meeting of the gunclub that I belong to. We are starting a community outreach committee one ofthe GOALs is to reach out to other clubs, We need to be a more unified force acrossthe state. I know we have a national problem, But we must remember that allpolitics is local and if we do not speak out, We will never be heard. There areothers that are doing similar things in this forum. I know there is the NRA,GOAL, Com2a But we need to go out and tell the truth. I believe that goodpeople will hear the truth. They may not like it. They may not agree. But theywill hear it. It will plant itself like a seed and one day it will take hold.

You've got the moral standing - and the family history - to do it.

And you should. You DEFINITELY should.

It serves none of us any good - and does the memory of all those who who died no good - to let idiots run their mouths and continue to believe in BS.

All that does is allow it to happen again.

It's interesting you guys brought up the Holocaust today because I had a huge debate/argument again this morning with my wife, and I brought that subject up when she was telling me the perspective on guns that one of her best friends (who is a Jewish doctor) shared with her. He basically said without going into all the details, that he understands that guns were once very necessary to survival both for hunting, as well as for defense against the British at the inception of this country, but feels that in today's civilized society, they don't really have a place except for people using them for evil and destructive purposes. I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing this and told my wife that it blew me away coming from someone with direct Jewish descent! I quickly pointed this out to her and she said that it could never happen again, and certainly not HERE!

I hope you reminded her that Germany was also seen as a very civilized society - before the Nazis got into power.

People who think "that can't happen here" - are just ignorant - of history - and a whole bunch of other things.

When NKVD were making their nightly calls, sheep prayed to the same god of Joe's that it's not going to be their door to get the knocked on.

Every society feels that they are the most civilized since the last guys [rofl]

What was it Solzenitsyn said? Something about if people had not just cowered behind their doors and listened to their neighbors get hauled off - but had instead attacked the NKVD goons - and burned their cars in the street - then the whole machine would have just ground to a halt?

Back
Top Bottom