Job interview

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
I have decided to move on after 26 years with my current employer. I'm no longer happy and have no interest in staying while we circle the drain. After a year of submitting resumes all around the country I finally got noticed.

Two years ago I purchased land in South Central Ohio which happens to be home to GE Aviation. After several phone interviews they asked me if I would fly out for a face-to-face visit. They are picking up the tab so I said Yes. Well folks I fly out tomorrow and hope to rejoin GE, I worked at the Lynn plant back in the mid to late 80's.

The best part is they pay well and home prices are low. I just sent my wife a listing for a nice 3 bedroom ranch on 90 acres for $119,000.

Wish me luck

grizquad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good luck, and sounds like almost a done deal. I spent a week at Evandale for a class on CFM56 and it was a really nice place. And, you are a stones throw from KY. Good luck, Steve

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have decided to move on after 26 years with my current employer. I'm no longer happy and have no interest in staying while we circle the drain. After a year of submitting resumes all around the country I finally got noticed.

Two years ago I purchased land in South Central Ohio which happens to be home to GE Aviation. After several phone interviews they asked me if I would fly out for a face-to-face visit. They are picking up the tab so I said Yes. Well folks I fly out tomorrow and hope to rejoin GE, I worked at the Lynn plant back in the mid to late 80's.

The best part is they pay well and home prices are low. I just sent my wife a listing for a nice 3 bedroom ranch on 90 acres for $119,000.

Wish me luck
90 acres (let alone a house on it) for $119,000??? Holy shit. What's wrong with it?

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
90 acres, nothing that I can see.

On another note, they are looking for veterans that have experience with Jet engines. All veterans get first dibs on the jobs, as it should be. I was asked if I was ex-military and I said I was civilian as bleep and they laughed.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

Wish me luck
Good luck. And remember that the GE Foundation matches employee gifts to qualified 501(1)(c) non-profit organizations like Comm2A! [smile]

Salyeica

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good luck! Can you shoot on your own land in that part of OH? You could build a sweet setup out there!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, remember an interview means they know you have the skill but they want to see if your personality fits in with their operation. Smile a lot.

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Let me know, by PM if you like, where exactly... if near enough to my friends I can refer all sorts of things from wineries and brew-pubs to community sourced agriculture farms and markets.

Another_David

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
good luck

read up on their web site about the division and their recent press releases. you'd be surprised how IMPRESSED people are if you just know a few things you read online.

also, it depends on the position, but I usually try to bring something as a handout. I don't always use it but at times I've shown brief writeups of projects I worked on and each has a photo. It doesn't have to be a hard sales pitch. What's important is you show up having done some homework and it shows you're not afraid of a little work.

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
good luck read up on their web site about the division and their recent press releases. you'd be surprised how IMPRESSED people are if you just know a few things you read online. also, it depends on the position, but I usually try to bring something as a handout. I don't always use it but at times I've shown brief writeups of projects I worked on and each has a photo. It doesn't have to be a hard sales pitch. What's important is you show up having done some homework and it shows you're not afraid of a little work.
I made a folder with all my education, apprenticeship and tech certificates. Plus a few of my last assignments with photos.

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
They also let workers Bow Hunt on their 7000 acre complex. I've been told this part of ohio has an outstanding and healthy deer herd.

Top Bottom