JMB Baby 22 short revolver - Any info?

I've scoured the web and found next to nothing. Anyone know anything about this little revolver? Marked "JMB" on frame under grips and "BABY" on top. Folding trigger. 1.75" barrel. Rumor has it that it's one of John Browning's first pistol designs. It was manufactured in the late 1800's. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

P1010014.jpg

Last edited:
The Belgians made many different of these Velo-Revolvers (intended for cyclists to scare off charging dogs)
with the folding trigger being typical for these 'lil guns.
IMHO, if there' connection to Saint JMB himself, there should be a FN maker mark on the gun.

Exactly.... Velo Dog revolvers, which typically share certain features (i.e. folding trigger- small size), are consistent with what you seem to have. Definately Belgian.... Be advised that these typically fired a .22 or .25 caliber... .22's are different from the more modern rimfires...

The Belgians made many different of these Velo-Revolvers (intended for cyclists to scare off charging dogs)
with the folding trigger being typical for these 'lil guns.
IMHO, if there' connection to Saint JMB himself, there should be a FN maker mark on the gun.

I found the exact model on Gunbroker as an ended auction yet the seller was able to find little info on it either.

Back
Top Bottom