Jim Zumbo of Outdoor Life labels AR-15s Terrorist Rifles

What a knucklehead. There are multiple people on this board that could shoot circles around one of his wood-stocked beauties using an AR-15.

I posted a reply:

Did you let one of your Remington hunting buddies write this blog? I mean, they're probably paying for your hunting trip and providing you with a few "gifts", right?

This is the kind of drivel that's given gun writers such a poor reputation over the last two decades.

He's getting hammered! At least 50 replies since I posted mine about 15 minutes ago:

Gee, you're not the brightest bulb in the circuit, are you? As one of Sarah Brady's little lapdogs, aren't you afraid of losing your little rifle in the picture above, which looks an awful lot like the deadly assassin's weapon used by Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963. Why would any hunter need a weapon that can fire more than one shot at as time without reloading?

The ignorant and the clueless are everywhere

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting. This is why our constitution is meaningless today: widespread ignorance of what it is designed to do.

Kyle

I just check and he is getting his ass handed back to him. Aside from a few ass-kissers in the first few posts, everything else from there on down has been extremely hostile to this world-class dumbass.

Guys like him make me want to vomit in disgust.

Please post comments to his stupid blog. [flame]

B

OK, I fell for it, too. But probably the best way to influence Zumbo is if his readership/hit-rate goes to zero.

THAT will cut off the advertising funds real quick, and he'll have to find an honest job.

WOW, I just read some of the hunderds of posts on his blog he is getting reamed. This jerk should be fired, like we always say...

United we stand, Divided we fall.

As long as he can keep his high powered sniper rifle with the "Cop Killer" bullets that will go through a bullet proof vest like a hot knife through butter, he's in good shape.

Of course those bullets are much bigger than handgun bullets so they will be easier to micro stamp that serial number on, right Jim?

Besides Jim, you only need about 20 of those rounds a year for hunting, so a "20 bullet per year per gun" law is only reasonable, right Jim.

What a tool.

Gary

I think is is funny, if you look at his other blogs he has between 1 and 45 comments, but on this one he is now approching 1500. I hope his employer and sponsors take notice.

left my two cents.
also thanks for the list. I emailed them all in one fell swoop asking to remove their sponsorship, as they share his views by association.

I can't even keep up with the amount of comments that are coming back at this guy - everybody is slamming him and saying that they won't renew Outdoor Life.

Hell has no fury like a gun owner scorned!

bpm990d, thanks for that list. I waas not able to get an E mail address at the Remington site. I have now posted one to Mr. Millner.

I also sent this reply to the comments section of Zumbo's blog"

I find your comments disgusting and disturbing.

Devide and conquer. And you let yourself be a part of this idiotic anti-gun position for what reason? Stupidity? Total ignorance on your part of what the gun grabbers are trying to do in our country? Lost your mind?

Your hubris makes me sick. As a subscriber for many years, you have insulted me with no regard to my 2d amendment rights.

I shoot many kinds of firearms. Most of them are blue and wood, but my most recent purchase was a Bushmaster AR15. I love it. It's accurate and tough.

Have you ever heard about self defense? Do you care if you cause me to lose the best tool available for the welfare of my family and myself.

I pity the youngsters who read your drivel and think you have a good perspective on shooting. You are an enemy to all that I hold dear. I hope your corrupt comments become the legacy of your soon to be completed career.

You are a fool.

that sites going to crash under the weight of angry traffic..
i think its safe to say at this point that the power of the internet and its users have assured his career is OVER...

Somebody posted the direct contact info for him in the responses:

Hey everyone,

Take the fight directly to him.

Zumbo, Jim

1940 -
Cody, WY 82414
Email address
www.jimzumbo.com

This is exactly the type of stuff that needs to happen each and every time somebody tries to pull this BS. I actually gives me a warm tingly feeling inside seeing how badly this guy is getting raked over the coals on this - and how many of the responses acknowledge that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting - getting this guy canned over this would surely send a very clear message to anybody who dares to write this type of crap.

Try here:

JAMES A ZUMBO
35 GREEN CREEK RD, CODY, WY 82414
PO BOX 2390, CODY, WY 82414
(307) 587-5486

How many "Zumbos" can there be in Cody?

Try here:

JAMES A ZUMBO
35 GREEN CREEK RD, CODY, WY 82414
PO BOX 2390, CODY, WY 82414
(307) 587-5486

How many "Zumbos" can there be in Cody?

Oh man - that might be crossing the line. Now he will start getting angry phone calls at home.

My cell phone does have free long distance though.......[thinking]

If he thinks an apology is enough, he is WRONG. He's been outed and now we know what he really thinks.

f*** him and anyone who sticks with him.

Unfortunately for him, this whole thing blew up before he had a chance to make an apology outside of the blast furnace he obviously found himself in. True or now, everyone will now assume that he made this statement simply because of the hell he's getting from those who sign his paycheck.

Message posted by the CEO of Remington:

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choose. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

What makes me sick is how quickly people on the internet have called to boycott Remington. All Jim said was he was hunting with our people! This is normal course in our industry. How else do people think we field test? with writers.

Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars to defend your rights and how quickly the thanks is threat and boycott! Please feel Free to post that remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner
CEO and President"

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/i_was_wrong_big.html#comments

I was wrong, BIG TIME

Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up. And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom