• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jim Wallace on NECN this AM

Is it just me or does Jim need to start getting more aggressive when he goes on TV against an anti?

Every time he is on in a debate against an anti, they always give the first and last word to the anti.

Jim, you need to start getting forceful and demand your fair rebuttal!

It's probably difficult trying not to seem like a wing nut.

Generally speaking, however, I think that these organizations need charismatic advocates who can forcefully advocate for the cause without coming off as unhinged. I think we need a replacement for LaPierre. I agree with most of what he says, but his delivery seems weak and tone deaf.

More specifically, I think we need to get off our back foot and begin advocating more forcefully for the fact that law abiding gun owners aren't the problems, nor are the types of firearms we own. But in order to do that, we need to have facts to present, and have counter arguments for the other side's arguments.

I realize that the anti's don't care, but if we can't even put forth a persuasive case, you can just forget about swaying opinions of the public.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Jim need to start getting more aggressive when he goes on TV against an anti?

Every time he is on in a debate against an anti, they always give the first and last word to the anti.

Jim, you need to start getting forceful and demand your fair rebuttal!

How is that Jims fault ?

He can rebut 500 times and they decide to allow the anti the last word each time, or just cut Jims part out.

It's no different than the seminar on reducing gun violence that Sudbury is doing this weekend. Featuring only gun control advocates. One panelists qualification is that he ran a 'successful' gun buy back program.

I do believe that Jim does a great job. But he can't be everywhere at once. I think we need more Jims. That way they can focus and prepare and kick ass but because you can't be waiting in hallway at the statehouse hoping they call you to speak and simultaneously be on cable networks and radio interviews.

DO we have any well informed and able members willing to meet with goal and donate some time for an interview or two? I can't imagine that goal wouldn't be up for that.

I also think Jim should teach a class on how to debate an anti to anyone that will listen.

Back
Top Bottom