Jim Wallace from Goal interview 8/1/22

I have been a GOAL member for a long time. I really haven't seen them do much of anything, and Jim Wallace seems too comfortable as it's leader. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention. Can somebody school me on what they have done for us, or at least why Jim Wallace should continue as the leader.

I have been a GOAL member for a long time. I really haven't seen them do much of anything, and Jim Wallace seems too comfortable as it's leader. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention. Can somebody school me on what they have done for us, or at least why Jim Wallace should continue as the leader.

Jim is an awesome dude but he can't do everything himself. We have to act as well. GOAL had a nice class in lobbying a few years ago. If they have it again, you should go.

Jim Wallace has been an excellent advocate for 2A rights in a cesspool commie state.
Give him lots of props for wading in the shark infested waters for all GOAL members, and he carries the load for all MA gun owners who can't get involved as much as he does.

GOAL operates with limited staff. There is only so much they can do with the funding they receive and the size of the membership.

We think GOAL is some big organization with dozens of employees and such. Drive by the offices in Northboro or wherever. It's tiny space for a few workers.

If we could triple the # of members to GOAL, it would fund a lot more activities and personnel.

On the flip side, what do we expect them to do? I mean, if I get a bullspit issue in XYZ City, do I really think that GOAL should fight that fight for me? Or should I be getting my own attorney? I mean, they can make a phone call and such, but beyond that, It's my responsibility. They can help coordinate, but what else are they supposed to do?

But the biggest stick that Jim can wield is a greater # of members that stand behind the organization.

It is hard to know one's style and its effectiveness with the leftist DimocRAT pols, especially during periods of relative anti-2A quiet. Then, the stuff hits the fan and we are all left scrambling in near panic mode. Not good. We all look at GOAL and ask "How the heck did this happen"?

It's been a long time since GOAL was called upon to fight a winnable legislative fight or even a semi-winnable legislative fight. In the time since then, Massachusetts has trended further to the left politically and there are fewer "R" pols than ever before left to help support our positions. Winning now means holding back the leftist DimocRAT woke mob from punishing us and taking away our rights altogether. These days, the courts seem to be our only hope.

What I'm saying is that GOAL is somewhat obsolete as it is currently run and structured. Massachusetts has changed politically and not for the better. Thank God for Comm2A and the other organizations fighting the good fight for us in the courts.

GOAL operates with limited staff. There is only so much they can do with the funding they receive and the size of the membership.

We think GOAL is some big organization with dozens of employees and such. Drive by the offices in Northboro or wherever. It's tiny space for a few workers.

If we could triple the # of members to GOAL, it would fund a lot more activities and personnel.

On the flip side, what do we expect them to do? I mean, if I get a bullspit issue in XYZ City, do I really think that GOAL should fight that fight for me? Or should I be getting my own attorney? I mean, they can make a phone call and such, but beyond that, It's my responsibility. They can help coordinate, but what else are they supposed to do?

But the biggest stick that Jim can wield is a greater # of members that stand behind the organization.
right.

To put a finer point on it, GOAL's job is to get in front of bad legislation, and partner with legislators to advance good bills.

Once we're getting jammed up based on a bad law (or bad interpretation) that's out of their wheelhouse. This is where we reach out to Comm2A, wo are even more strapped for cash and people but can at least get you in touch with Jason, Neil, Keith, etc.

We need to be more vocal. We need to talk to our friends and neighbors who disagree. We need to make more MA gun owners, and help them see why things need to change. Or we can run away. You know, six of one and all that.

I don't think anyone expected the democrat legislators to tack on a gun control bill to a spending bill. It was done under the cover of darkness with no public input, no chance for the public to respond, no opportunity to even counter it. It was just done. I think everyone was caught off guard including GOAL by what the MA pols just did. I just hope that when some day in future MA turns red that these liberals understand that what comes around goes around. Laws will be passed in the middle of the night to negate their life work with no input, no public awareness, no nothing. I wonder if they'll like what they are doing now when it happens to them??

When I permanently left the state I felt more sad about leaving GOAL behind than giving up my membership at Harvard.
Jim does not have an easy job. During the monthly meeting when I was on the BOD one of my questions to prospective members was do you belong to GOAL or other supporting organizations.

On a personal level clubs requiring NRA membership should be pushing GOAL membership harder.

People are asking about Jim's effectiveness when on the last call to muster about this law we had a total 30 people show up?? From the whole fxcking state!!!

Our representative politicians vote 146-7 and 39-1 and no one cares?? People are trying to blame Jim for this?????

WTF Over!!

Lots of mirrors in your house, (me included) need to look at them and ask how effective we were. That said we are overwhelmed by idiot citizens and politicians who have no fear at the ballot box. Im not sure we can do anything, but we for sure as shit don't help ourselves and that is evident.

Last edited:
When I permanently left the state I felt more sad about leaving GOAL behind than giving up my membership at Harvard.
Jim does not have an easy job. During the monthly meeting when I was on the BOD one of my questions to prospective members was do you belong to GOAL or other supporting organizations.

On a personal level clubs requiring NRA membership should be pushing GOAL membership harder.
I've tried a few times to make GOAL a mandatory thing at my club, FUDDS vote it down. Next bylaw change, I'm going to try and slip it in to get rid of these fxckheads.....

I don't think anyone expected the democrat legislators to tack on a gun control bill to a spending bill. It was done under the cover of darkness with no public input, no chance for the public to respond, no opportunity to even counter it. It was just done. I think everyone was caught off guard including GOAL by what the MA pols just did. I just hope that when some day in future MA turns red that these liberals understand that what comes around goes around. Laws will be passed in the middle of the night to negate their life work with no input, no public awareness, no nothing. I wonder if they'll like what they are doing now when it happens to them??
Unfortunately they have been doing this type of thing for years. And honestly, the votes now are worse than ever. We have republicans voting for this shit.

A few people showed up at the State House the other day, and people want to blame Jim Wallace
for not protecting gun rights. You want to wave a magic wand, and fix everything while you
just sit there and talk sh^t. Just think if all the gun owners in MA. would show up at
the State House every time they try to pass a gun law,we would not have the stupid laws we have
today.

I do my part.

If you are going to criticize the one guy who is almost certainly doing more than anyone else in this state (with the exception of the COMM2A people) and call for his replacement then you damn well better be doing MORE than just your part.

Step up and lead and show the rest of us slackers just how it's done.

I don't "blame" Executive Director Wallace (annual comp = $125,000 +/-) i just wonder why he/we/our people had no knowledge of this last minute amendment to the IT spending bill.

Does the GOAL not have good connections, or relations with any legislators?

Thanks

Is it a paid position? :)

Yes it is. As it should be. I mean, we expect the poor guy to work a totally different job but create policy, cultivate legislator relationships and run the whole organization??? Again, he's not JUST a lobbyist. When you send a check to GOAL, what do you think happens? There isn't a membership department and a fulfillment department and such. It's a few people. (Not pointed at you, Greg. But damn Jim does a lot that I never knew he had to do.)

Amen amen amen. Every club should be GOAL100. No reason not to. "We don't want to offend them." F em. This whole old gun culture cheap-ass stuff has to go. When gun clubs wonder if they can increase membership dues from $89 to $99, we've got a problem. Your younger shooters think zip about this.

Not only could most clubs increase dues by 50% without a meeting's worth of grumbling, every single one could require GOAL and not lose more than 1-2% of membership. Do both, lose 5% and still have MORE money and MORE GOAL support.

I have no time or energy to do this, but each club should designate a GOAL ombudsman of sorts. During renewal drive, there should be a guy there taking memberships to GOAL. The membership guy should tell every dude dropping his stuff off, "You gotta go talk to that guy."

GOAL guy would have an offer. Maybe 50% of hte first year. Collect the. . . . whopping $15 and get a name, address, email. That's it. You'd increase GOAL membership a ton at each club.

THEN. . . . you could have the clubs GOALy enough to be mentioning it in their renewal EMAIL. "And while you're at it, head on over to www.goal.org and renew that as well. And if you ain't a GOAL member, you ain't a proper gun owner."

It needs a driver to do all of that. At one point in my past, I thought I could be that guy. Then my business got mega-busy and I couldn't do it. But it would take about 100 guys in the state and a few to run it in order to make it work.

I've tried a few times to make GOAL a mandatory thing at my club, FUDDS vote it down. Next bylaw change, I'm going to try and slip it in to get rid of these fxckheads.....

So lets say for the sake of argument that GOAL gets a $10,000,000 donation.

Since a lot of people's arguments seem to be that there aren't enough members(IOW, money) is the reason why GOAL can't do the things people want them to do.. Lets just say every single gun club in the state is forced by a boot on the throat to become a GOAL member.

What does GOAL do with the influx of 10's of millions of dollars to change things?

I don't "blame" Executive Director Wallace (annual comp = $125,000 +/-) i just wonder why he/we/our people had no knowledge of this last minute amendment to the IT spending bill.

Does the GOAL not have good connections, or relations with any legislators?

Thanks

According to the podcast in the OP, it was "slipped in" as an amendment, which means it is not voted on, without many other people knowing that it happened. Jim said he was tipped off by someone (news media?) about it and had to start working on it.

If you think that politics is a fair game where all the players are aboveboard and honest, I have a little-used bridge I'd like to show you.

So lets say for the sake of argument that GOAL gets a $10,000,000 donation.

Since a lot of people's arguments seem to be that there aren't enough members(IOW, money) is the reason why GOAL can't do the things people want them to do.. Lets just say every single gun club in the state is forced by a boot on the throat to become a GOAL member.

What does GOAL do with the influx of 10's of millions of dollars to change things?

Why don't YOU tell us what you would do.

edited to add: Money only buys so much loyalty. Once the money is gone, so is the loyalty and people go back to their underlying motivations.

Yes it is. As it should be. I mean, we expect the poor guy to work a totally different job but create policy, cultivate legislator relationships and run the whole organization??? Again, he's not JUST a lobbyist. When you send a check to GOAL, what do you think happens? There isn't a membership department and a fulfillment department and such. It's a few people. (Not pointed at you, Greg. But damn Jim does a lot that I never knew he had to do.)

Amen amen amen. Every club should be GOAL100. No reason not to. "We don't want to offend them." F em. This whole old gun culture cheap-ass stuff has to go. When gun clubs wonder if they can increase membership dues from $89 to $99, we've got a problem. Your younger shooters think zip about this.

Not only could most clubs increase dues by 50% without a meeting's worth of grumbling, every single one could require GOAL and not lose more than 1-2% of membership. Do both, lose 5% and still have MORE money and MORE GOAL support.

I have no time or energy to do this, but each club should designate a GOAL ombudsman of sorts. During renewal drive, there should be a guy there taking memberships to GOAL. The membership guy should tell every dude dropping his stuff off, "You gotta go talk to that guy."

GOAL guy would have an offer. Maybe 50% of hte first year. Collect the. . . . whopping $15 and get a name, address, email. That's it. You'd increase GOAL membership a ton at each club.

THEN. . . . you could have the clubs GOALy enough to be mentioning it in their renewal EMAIL. "And while you're at it, head on over to www.goal.org and renew that as well. And if you ain't a GOAL member, you ain't a proper gun owner."

It needs a driver to do all of that. At one point in my past, I thought I could be that guy. Then my business got mega-busy and I couldn't do it. But it would take about 100 guys in the state and a few to run it in order to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom