• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jericho Appleseed, 8-9 Aug 2009

For those of you that have been waiting:

Range: Ethan Allen Firing Range, VT Army National Guard

Address: 113 ETHAN ALLEN ROAD
JERICHO, VERMONT 05465-9706

Range Fee: $5.00 per person/event

When: August 8-9, 2009

Camping Available: Yes, Primitive. Cost is free. Can camp Friday evening as
well.

Hotels: Yes, numerous, check Burlington, VT listings

Directions: http://www.vsrpa.org/Directions_to_Ethan_Allen_Firing_Range.pdf

GPS: N/A

State Laws to be aware of: No silencers are allowed in VT. Loaded rifles and shotguns are not allowed in vehicles. Check State Laws.

Misc: Range Rules - No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing. 25 mph (or lower) speed limit on facility.
Bring 400 rounds per day, plus 200 rounds for any centerfire rifles. We could easily put 50+ shooters at 25 meters. Full Distance shooting out to 600 yards is limited to 19 points. We do Full Distance by relays. Lunch will be available on site (for a donation).

For More Information Contact: Nickle, [email protected]

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/374729827

The more people on the line, the more shoots we can have!

Flyers can be found here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7840.0

For those who may not be aware, Jericho is Appleseed's only "known distance" (KD) range in New England, with distances out to 600 yards. We only get this range once a year, if that. This is a precious opportunity, not to be missed.

If you've ever wanted to get in some serious training with your centerfire, this is the place to do it. We have lots of instructors for this one, and we're bringing our centerfires, that's for sure. So if you guys don't show, we get to shoot!

Last month I shot my LRB M1A at the KD in Piru, CA, and it was a blast (so to speak). We spent time getting our base zeros at 25 meters and then moved over to the KD range and shot at 200 yards. Well, all the 30 cal ballistics charts say that the zeros at 25 meters and 200 are the same. The markings on the M1A iron sight seemed to confirm it.

So we fired five sighter rounds at 200 yards and went to look. There they were, all five inside the five ring with three in the "V." My first shots at 200 yards, with iron sights no less. That sure made a believer out of me!

So come to Jericho and see for yourself. We'll have a blast!

Last edited:
Wow, I think I can actually make this one! I hope to lock it in this weekend. The Harvard shoot last year was a great time... I'm very excited about having a chance to apply what I've learned out to 600 yds!

Just to confirm: if we bring .22lr for the short drills and centerfire for the long range work, we should be able to get by with around 200 rounds or so of CF, right?

Also, a question for Nickle: I'm going to work on getting a friend or two to sign up. Do you expect to have any loaner LTRs available?

Thanks!
Chris

Do you expect to have any loaner LTR's available?
Chris

I have four 10/22 loaners w/ mags available. None are yet reserved.

1. 18" barreled digi-camo LTR w/ tech Sights
2. 22" barreled Wal-Mart stainless w/ scope
3. 18" compact stock LTR (for kids) w Tech Sights
4. 20" bull-barreled heavy mother w/ scope, aka, "The Pimp Rifle" (Requires Federal bulk (#750, brown box) or Federal "Champion Target" (#745, Silver box) ammo, available for purchase)

#4 tends to win the "Rifleman Pickup" game. It has helped make so many Riflemen, that the envious may consider it cheating. (It is not.) Just so you know.

Sounds like my "pimp gun" (10/22 International, stainless, laminated stock) which is already spoken for, as is my long barreled 10/22.

4 LTR's of mine might be available still, though a couple of guys have placed "maybe" on them. Considering why they're attending, they'll get priority.

Just saw this. I may want to go.
I have a 10/22 with a 4x scope on it.

What other things will I need? I've never attended an appleseed before.
Do I need a sling?

I also have a 16" AR15 with iron sights and eotech...but I don't think that's a favored rifle.

Just saw this. I may want to go.
I have a 10/22 with a 4x scope on it.

What other things will I need? I've never attended an appleseed before.
Do I need a sling?

I also have a 16" AR15 with iron sights and eotech...but I don't think that's a favored rifle.

You'll definitely need a sling. We'll help you with that, if you need it. If you buy one, and don't have the sling studs on your stock, I have studs available more than cheap enough. You'll want to bring the sling and swivels, though. If all esle fails, I may have a stock you can use.

The 10/22 is a good rifle for the 25 meter portion.

That AR is an excellent choice for Full Distance.

It won't be the only 16" AR there, there'll be at least one there with an ACOG on it. I own it, my son is using it. I'll bet good money there's more AR's than just that.

You'll definitely need a sling. We'll help you with that, if you need it. If you buy one, and don't have the sling studs on your stock, I have studs available more than cheap enough. You'll want to bring the sling and swivels, though. If all esle fails, I may have a stock you can use.

The 10/22 is a good rifle for the 25 meter portion.

That AR is an excellent choice for Full Distance.

It won't be the only 16" AR there, there'll be at least one there with an ACOG on it. I own it, my son is using it. I'll bet good money there's more AR's than just that.

I'll just bring everything :)

I have a 10/22 that is mid build. If I can go maybe I'll bring that one for some backup parts.

Needs a barrel, scope or sights.

Looks like Shortey Girley is going - she'll be driving up Friday night & staying at a hotel nearby (she still won't let me live down last year's camping disaster).

I have a fundraiser I need to attend Saturday night, but so long as I'm in good enough shape to drive, I'm going to try to make it for Sunday morning, M-14 in tow (I've had the M-14 for nearly a year and haven't done anything besides sight it in at the indoor range). Can't have you guys shooting full distance without me!!!

Does anyone need extra rifles?

(p.s. Underwear, what kind of barrel are you looking to put on your 10/22; bull barrel, or just a regular carbine?)

Looks like Shortey Girley is going - she'll be driving up Friday night & staying at a hotel nearby (she still won't let me live down last year's camping disaster).

I have a fundraiser I need to attend Saturday night, but so long as I'm in good enough shape to drive, I'm going to try to make it for Sunday morning, M-14 in tow (I've had the M-14 for nearly a year and haven't done anything besides sight it in at the indoor range). Can't have you guys shooting full distance without me!!!

Does anyone need extra rifles?

(p.s. Underwear, what kind of barrel are you looking to put on your 10/22; bull barrel, or just a regular carbine?)

I was looking to eventually build it with a blued bull barrel

You'll be all set with that. Tactical slings can usually be set up as a "hasty sling" and that's good enough.

A bunch of the Instructor team will be camping. I will myself.

I want to do the whole weekend, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on Saturday [sad] Since I've already done an Appleseed, do you think that it will be ok if I can only make Sunday? My uppers are zeroed (the .22 at 25yds and the AR at 100yds), so I'll probably just need a few minutes in the AM to re-zero both for 25m.

I want to do the whole weekend, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on Saturday [sad] Since I've already done an Appleseed, do you think that it will be ok if I can only make Sunday? My uppers are zeroed (the .22 at 25yds and the AR at 100yds), so I'll probably just need a few minutes in the AM to re-zero both for 25m.

Seeing that you are a prior Appleseeder, it will be OK. You've already gotten the Saturday instruction, so no problem, all you'll miss is refresher and practice.

Military (current or prior service) would be at a greater disadvantage, but still OK.

Competitive shooters would be OK.

Inexperienced or newbie shooters, this is one Appleseed where I'll recommend AGAINST Sunday only. Not enough time to grasp the basics before going Full Distance.

So everybody knows, we can NOT run concurrent 25 meter and Full Distance lines at this range.

Nickle,
My brother and I were trying to figure out whether we can make it this weekend.

I think we can but the registration link says that the sales have ended. Is it still possible to pay and come tonight (camp) and shoot Sat and Sun?

Nickle,
My brother and I were trying to figure out whether we can make it this weekend.

I think we can but the registration link says that the sales have ended. Is it still possible to pay and come tonight (camp) and shoot Sat and Sun?

Underwhere, they cut off online registration 24 hours before the shoot starts, but the range is HUGE and there's no chance we're sold out. You can register and pay in person Saturday morning (I think it's $5/day more to register the day-of). Just shoot Nickle a PM so he knows you two are coming the night before.

Hope to see you there!

-TD

Back
Top Bottom