Jericho 941/CZ 75 magazines

Bought the Jericho through AIM Surplus. Got it earlier this week, put 100 rounds downrange. Nice gun. Need mags. Rumor has it (confirmed, sort of, by trial fit at Bud's) that CZ75 magazines fit. Factory CZ mags run in the $35-40 range. I like 5-6 minimum per gun, that's a large chunk of change. MecGar and ProMag are cheaper. Last time I got ProMags for something (can't remember what) the y sucked so bad I karma'd them, wouldn't sell 'em. Was that bad luck, or do ProMags actually suck?

So, what mags to buy? I'd prefer factory but willing to go aftermarket of they're good. And if anybody HAS any factory CZ mags they want to sell, let me know:)

Mecgar is the OEM for CZ's factory mags. I have several Mecgars for my CZ's and I trust them just as much as the 'factory' mags that came with the guns. Also, if you're looking for high quality high capacity magazines, B&T's USW magazines are compatible with the CZ75... So they might work in your Jericho too.

Go MecGar... great mags never a problem. I’ve had zero problem with any of mine and I have dozens of them

Promags do suck, MecGar mags are awesome. I use them for my CZ Shadow 2 in competition and my home defense magazine for my P226 is a MecGar mag.

Promags do suck, MecGar mags are awesome. I use them for my CZ Shadow 2 in competition and my home defense magazine for my P226 is a MecGar mag.
In general I've heard this many times over the years.

BUT, when I bought a CZ75B clone (Swiss Sphinx) many years ago and was looking for MA-compliant mags, the CZ forum folks told me that the Promags worked fine in the gun. So I ordered a few and they are correct, no failures, no issues.

My Jericho 941 is in transit to the FFL so I'll see what the situation is and order mags accordingly. Since the Sphinx is .40S&W and the Jericho is 9mm, I'll need new mags for it.

In general I've heard this many times over the years.

BUT, when I bought a CZ75B clone (Swiss Sphinx) many years ago and was looking for MA-compliant mags, the CZ forum folks told me that the Promags worked fine in the gun. So I ordered a few and they are correct, no failures, no issues.

My Jericho 941 is in transit to the FFL so I'll see what the situation is and order mags accordingly. Since the Sphinx is .40S&W and the Jericho is 9mm, I'll need new mags for it.
I should have clarified--my ProMag comments are in general, not specific to CZs. There's enough horror stories about their AK mags, etc., to the point where I wouldn't buy ProMags unless I had no other option. For one of my firearms, only Promags were in stock so I ordered two, but thankfully before they shipped the manufacturer got more in stock so I canceled my order.

Conversely, I have never had an issue with a MecGar--and those I do use in a CZ (and elsewhere).

I have 4 MecGars for my 92FS and they’ve run flawlessly for me. I’ve never tried ProMag though.

I bought Mec Gar for my CZ75. They were cheaper than CZ, look great and work perfectly. I've bought Mec Gar for other guns and they were all very well made and finished. They all worked perfectly.

I bought Mec Gar for my CZ75. They were cheaper than CZ, look great and work perfectly. I've bought Mec Gar for other guns and they were all very well made and finished. They all worked perfectly.

Like stated above, Mec Gar is the OEM supplier for several firearms manufacturers...CZ and SIG come to mind. I believe there are others too, Walther maybe?

Back
Top Bottom