Jeffrey Epstein commits suicide... or maybe not?

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I’m going to say this, it is very common for third shift CO’s to miss rounds or just not do them. I’m thinking he straight up hung him self and the two CO’s just didn’t notice because they didn’t do their rounds. Everyone who works in a prison knows you absolutely have to do staggered 30 minute rounds and if you miss a single round and something happens it’s 100% on you for not doing what your supposed to do, and the SGT who is in the control room will get jammed up too, not as bad but he or she will feel it. I spent 20 years working in a correctional facility so trust me the I know what I’m talking about. 3rd shift CO’s do it all the time, and all CO’s are guilty of it occasionally

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m going to say this, it is very common for third shift CO’s to miss rounds or just not do them. I’m thinking he straight up hung him self and the two CO’s just didn’t notice because they didn’t do their rounds. Everyone who works in a prison knows you absolutely have to do staggered 30 minute rounds and if you miss a single round and something happens it’s 100% on you for not doing what your supposed to do, and the SGT who is in the control room will get jammed up too, not as bad but he or she will feel it. I spent 20 years working in a correctional facility so trust me the I know what I’m talking about. 3rd shift CO’s do it all the time, and all CO’s are guilty of it occasionally
Don't they have these?

1574200263111.png

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have no doubt this is true. No doubt.

But third-shift COs missing rounds is NOT mutually exclusive with Epstein getting offed. Or "offing himself with help."

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BBC News - Epstein guards charged with falsifying records
Fall guy(s).

How many thousands of examples of prison guards, corrections officers, cops, etc, are there where they are caught lying and failing to do their jobs and people die in which they aren’t charged? There have been a bunch of examples of people being left to die, literally, in cells for days without food or water and, oops! Our bad. But no criminal charges.

It’s nothing but a show.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some set their watches yea, but you know how shit goes you can get complacent if you do the same thing over and over again.
That's not a watch. It's a Detex clock. The guard carries the clock around and keys it with numbered keys attached to the walls throughout the facility. It's to prove they actually made their rounds. The more clever guards noted how long it take to get from key to key and either bought a set of keys of their own (it just has a number stamped in the face to imprint on a paper tape) or did two rounds, one detaching and collecting the keys and the second to screw them back on the wall.

Used widely in plant security back in the 80's anyway. I think they use modern electronic versions now. I assumed they have a similar technology for prisons.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That's not a watch. It's a Detex clock. The guard carries the clock around and keys it with numbered keys attached to the walls throughout the facility. It's to prove they actually made their rounds. The more clever guards noted how long it take to get from key to key and either bought a set of keys of their own (it just has a number stamped in the face to imprint on a paper tape) or did two rounds, one detaching and collecting the keys and the second to screw them back on the wall.

Used widely in plant security back in the 80's anyway. I think they use modern electronic versions now. I assumed they have a similar technology for prisons.
Interesting, I’ve never seen one before. The Prison I worked at had cameras and a log, CO’s do their rounds, log it in the computer and the camera records it all. You would be shocked at how many times people lie even though they are being recorded:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting, I’ve never seen one before. The Prison I worked at had cameras and a log, CO’s do their rounds, log it in the computer and the camera records it all. You would be shocked at how many times people lie even though they are being recorded:
In my college daze I needed a full time job where I could do homework and discovered factory security.

Not surprised at the lying. "Everybody lies" -Dr. House

Heck, people are still trying to claim Epstein killed himself!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If there was video of him hanging himself I'd say ok just go after the guards. In this case he was assaulted previously in the prison, all cameras in the area "failed", the guards did not check him and his autopsy shows an injury that is more likely to be caused by murder.

The guards here likely got paid off along with whoever sabotaged the cameras. The likelihood cameras failed and guards slept is so low I can't believe people would actually think he committed suicide.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Example:
(Those guys are just a couple miles away from me. They're not a customer, but I have one just across the street from them so I pass by their building often.)

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's funny! In college i was a security guard during the summers....in the factories, we had to haul that damn thing around and turn the keys. SUPPOSEDLY there was a paper tape inside that got punched with each key turn, but it was locked and you could not really tell if it was working, or a prop.

BUT you damned sure went out and turned the keys each hour...even the hard to get to ones way in the back of the factory.

With modern RFID technology, it should be trivial to track the guards making the rounds, and sound an alert if they skipped a set of bed checks.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's funny! In college i was a security guard during the summers....in the factories, we had to haul that damn thing around and turn the keys. SUPPOSEDLY there was a paper tape inside that got punched with each key turn, but it was locked and you could not really tell if it was working, or a prop.

BUT you damned sure went out and turned the keys each hour...even the hard to get to ones way in the back of the factory.

With modern RFID technology, it should be trivial to track the guards making the rounds, and sound an alert if they skipped a set of bed checks.
I had the key to open mine and usually there was a tape inside. Once in a while the client contact would forget to change the tape or be late ordering it.

A properly completed tour has a sloping "ridge" of numbers. If you did the tour in reverse or an odd order it might slope the other way or look a little jumbled but it's pretty easy to tell if they were done or not.

The tech today makes (the paper tape variety) totally obsolete. You can buy the clocks for nostalgia for $50 on eBay. If I didn't have so much junk to get rid of I'd consider getting one.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know what you mean - for nostalgia's sake, I actually have one of these in the attic:

OMG warm memories of my childhood just flooded back to me. Sitting at the kitchen table with my mother pasting stamps into books with a damp sponge. No licking those nasty stamps for us!
Thn off to the S&H greenstamp store to redeem for merchandise. I think the local one was in Woonsocket.
Thanks.

Now what were we discussing? Oh ya, Epstein didn't kill himself.

KVX

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alan Dershowitz may be forced to reveal secret communications with Jeffrey Epstein

By Emily Saul

December 2, 2019 | 12:13pm

Alan Dershowitz

Alan Dershowitz Reuters

Jeffrey Epstein’s secret communications with attorney Alan Dershowitz — who helped secure the pedophile’s controversial 2008 plea deal — could be made public, it was revealed in court Monday.
The disclosure came as lawyers for self-proclaimed “sex slave” Virginia Roberts Giuffre said they intended to seek the privileged communications to prove that Dershowitz had his own motivations for lining up the sweetheart deal.
Giuffre’s lawyer Charles Cooper said at a hearing Monday he would “seek discovery into Mr. Dershowitz’s attorney-client relationship with Mr. Epstein.”
“Why do we care about that?” asked Manhattan federal court judge Loretta Preska, who is overseeing the defamation lawsuit filed against Dershowitz by Giuffre. Giuffre claims Epstein lent her to Dershowitz for sex, while the Harvard law professor has steadfastly denied the allegations.
“If Mr. Dershowitz was involved with Mr. Epstein in the activities alleged, his communications with Mr. Epstein, and the motivations Mr. Dershowitz had to negotiate the plea deal that has become so controversial will be relevant and important,” Cooper said.
Meanwhile, Giuffre’s lawyers also claimed they planned to file an amended lawsuit against Dershowitz citing claims under the Child Victims Act. The recently enacted law opens a window allowing victims of childhood sexual abuse to file lawsuits against their abusers, even if the statute of limitations has passed.
Enlarge ImageJeffrey EpsteinAP
The amended complaint will also include new libel allegations against Dershowitz for statements made about Giuffre in his new book, “Guilt by Accusation” and an allegation that Dershowitz violated the federal electronic communications Wiretap Act when he secretly recorded a conversation with David Boies, who has previously represented Giuffre.
Dershowitz claims in the tapes, which are currently under forensic examination, Boies admits that Giuffre is lying about her interactions with Dershowitz.
Dershowitz’s lawyer Howard Cooper said they would be moving to dismiss the amended complaint.
“I think there’s irrefutable evidence she wasn’t a child and doesn’t qualify,” Howard Cooper said of Giuffre’s plan to file under the CVA.
Monday’s hearing also turned to discussions of a New York Times report detailing allegations that Boies planned to use footage — allegedly from Epstein’s house and containing images of powerful men having sex with underaged girls — to try and coerce settlements.
Outside court, Dershowitz told reporters he would happily release his communications with Epstein.
“I have nothing to hide,” he said.”It’s up to Epstein’s lawyers.”

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Another "suicide". This time the banker who pushed Epsteins loans through at TWO large banks.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Another "suicide". This time the banker who pushed Epsteins loans through at TWO large banks.
The little girl Prince Andrew, um... got to know through Epstein just did an interview. She seems like a nice kid. I hope she doesn't kill herself.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just when you think these pesky suicides were all investigated.........

nc.jpg

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The likelihood cameras failed and guards slept is so low I can't believe people would actually think he committed suicide.
If the cameras are not protecting a financial investment of the owner there is an excellent chance they will not be monitored for failure or promptly repaired if they do. Just compare the reliability of Las Vegas parking lot cameras (never working when guns get stolen from cars) to that of those watching the tables.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If the cameras are not protecting a financial investment of the owner there is an excellent chance they will not be monitored for failure or promptly repaired if they do. Just compare the reliability of Las Vegas parking lot cameras (never working when guns get stolen from cars) to that of those watching the tables.
That's because the BOP installed cameras to watch staff, not inmates.
Can confirm this phenomenon happens constantly in my own (non-LE) workplace. Someones place gets broken into, someone gets beat up or their car is stolen either the cameras didnt catch it or they werent working. An employee sitting in a truck too long or being somewhere he wasnt supposed to be, theyre right on it.

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The butler died in 2014 according to the linked article. Well, the article was written in January 2015 and says he died in December, so I inferred that it was 2014.

Top Bottom