Jeff Cooper would have been 100 years old today.

His books are a great read. If you have time on your hands with the Rona check out his books. You will be better for it. I liked them all but I found The Art of the Rifle and To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth his finest works.

Him and Ayoob wrote some good stuff. I read Ayoob's In the Gravest Extreme shortly after I first started carrying at 21 years old and it is a great book. I don't remember the last thing by Cooper I read though. Gonna poke through the book case tonight.

One of our local shooters has a middle name Cooper.

His father still has the letter "Col. Cooper would be glad to send an autographed picture for you son once he gets back from safari" and, I hope, the bag of "Cooper 45" headstamped brass I found at Beikirch's in E Rochester, NY ages before that store went belly up.

> I read Ayoob's In the Gravest Extreme
My claim to fame - that is my Beretta 92SB in the book. Mas put it serial number down at my request, but the wear marks would provide a match if Rick Harrison had his buddy appraise it.

Him and Ayoob wrote some good stuff. I read Ayoob's In the Gravest Extreme shortly after I first started carrying at 21 years old and it is a great book. I don't remember the last thing by Cooper I read though. Gonna poke through the book case tonight.

I've never read any Ayoob stuff, I will pick up In the Gravest Extreme.

I have two copies of this book, one was autographed by Mas when I bought it from him many years ago. I've read it twice and recommend it every time I teach an NRA personal protection class. I also have a couple more of his books. Good stuff.

I keep giving that book away to people that are starting to carry...I even gave one away that Mas signed. I'll never get that one back, I'm sure. I should buy another one and not give this one away.

I keep giving that book away to people that are starting to carry...I even gave one away that Mas signed. I'll never get that one back, I'm sure. I should buy another one and not give this one away.

I loaned mine to a buddy from England. He got his alien LTC so I thought he would enjoy the read. He ended up moving to NC and I asked him if he still had the book months after they’d settled in. He did, and mailed it back to me.

I have two copies of this book, one was autographed by Mas when I bought it from him many years ago. I've read it twice and recommend it every time I teach an NRA personal protection class. I also have a couple more of his books. Good stuff.
I've never met Mas, but I've encountered his ex-wife several times at the Concord NH Gun Show peddling his books.

Although it was not his birthday, nor is he buried in the mausoleum that he had built, I recently stopped by to take a look.

IMG_8296.jpg

I also stopped by the Arizona Pioneers Home Cemetery where he is buried to pay my respects:

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8327.JPG

Thank you sir, Semper Fidelis!

The Beretta 92SB (Predecessor to the 92F) pictured in that book is mine, and I can prove it by the minutiae in finish wear and imperfections (I asked Mas to leave it serial number down when taking the photo).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom