1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Jay Severin suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Big_Red, Apr 30, 2009.

1. freedom2012

freedom2012

Left the Communistwealth for Live Free or Die!
    + 1

"xenphobe" is liberal "code" for "Patriotic Legal US Citizen"

2. Youradolt

Youradolt NES Member

+1 very well put [smile]

3. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

Pilgrim - I hope you don't mind but I copied and pasted your message to WTKK and sent them the same thing. Thanks.

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Moderator NES Member

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
    feel free !

5. Becka

Becka

I got the same response as namedpipes.
    It looks like Peter Smyth forwarded my email to these two people, then Grace answered my email.

Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 10:34 AM
    To: Tom Baker; Grace Blazer
    Subject: FW: Jay Severin

Dear Becka,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Jay Severin. We value your input and welcome your feedback. Please be assured that WTKK and Greater Media value an open and vigorous dialogue, but we also adhere to basic principles of civility, common decency and respect for all cultures. We believe Jay’s suspension is the best way to uphold both of these corporate policies.

Sincerely,

Grace Blazer

Program Director

Boston ’s Talk Evolution 96.9, WTKK

6. mikem317

mikem317

Perhaps from a liberal moonbat perspective. But not from a medical perspective; It's the fear of strangers.

7. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

8. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I received two responses. The first was a surprised/concerned reply from the fixit doc, who hadn't heard about Jay yet. The second was a totally nasty email from Reeds Ferry sheds, even though my email to them was extremely polite, honest and respectful. They ridiculed me for telling the truth that I was soon going to buy one of their sheds (I really was going to buy one -- I have seen their sheds after hearing the ads and wanted to replace my rotting one). I will NEVER do business with them no matter what happens with Jay. Here is their email:

9. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

Reeds Ferry has pissed off We The People.

Nuff Shed.

1 person likes this.
  10. Big_Red

Big_Red

Check this out:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64830

11. 97serpent

97serpent

This is ridiculous. I have been listening to him since the beginning, and it would be horrible if he got fired. I already sent a few emails to WTKK, everyone else should too.

12. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I posted before I read through the 7 additional pages. Anyway, of all the emails I sent, I only told Reeds Ferry that I was about to do business with them. I couldn't honestly say that with the others, so I didn't. I respect their right to sell to anyone, but calling me a liar and ridiculing me is no way to get my business.

13. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The people who have refused to do something about the illegal immigration coming into this country are responsible for all of this. They have continued to push illegal immigration down our throats for a long time - and now that the economy is coming unglued the illegal immigration thing is finally coming to a head.

People who thought that allowing millions upon millions of illegal aliens into the country was NOT going to lead to xenophobia, attacks against illegals, radio show hosts going out of control (because they are so pissed) - have had their heads firmly implanted in their asses. THEY have caused this thru their ignorance. You don't get to run around and destroy the organization of a civil society by refusing to obey laws and the members of that society's requests to stop the illegal immigration - without suffering blowback.

What we are seeing now is blowback. People are not stupid. They can add two plus two and see that there are approximately 12 million or so illegals in the country - and so far the unemployment numbers are somewhere around 6 million. So right off the bat you take people who work in lower paying jobs - and fire them - while they still see illegals around town working - and you have an instant recipe for xenophobia and much worse.

Trying to act like a dumb ass liberal and claim that we should not be racist and not discriminate against other cultures starts to sound like a huge pile of bullshit to many people when the culture that you (an actual US citizen) live under has been under constant assault for decades now.

We are lucky this whole thing isn't worse. If the dumb f***s in the liberal media and our current administration do not start to act against illegal immigration in a profound way - there is going to be hell to pay down the road. It is pretty apparent that people are getting truly pissed off about this whole thing.

And I doubt that Jay Severin has much to do with whipping people up - he is just riding the wave.

1 person likes this.
  14. GSG

GSG

I remember all I heard on the news 2 years ago was "But they're taking the jobs that regular Americans don't want, we NEED illegal immigrants."

Two years, tent cities, and millions of layoffs later, they keep theri mouths shut.

15. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Yeah - I haven't heard much of that "they do the jobs Americans won't do" bullshit lately.

17. Rob

Rob

I hear the Boarder Patrol is hiring.

18. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Oh I'd love to do border patrol, except that they would never actually let me do my job. "Take pictures and let them pass. We don't want to offend them."

Does anyone have contact info for Jay? Obviously it can't be via WTKK's web site or email addresses anymore. A google of his name comes up with a bunch of dead/obsolete web sites he created, plus a couple of anti-Jay sites.

19. crak

crak

Well, I'll just come right out and say it. I think Severin's a fraud and this is a publicity stunt. Howie went away for a while and came back stronger than ever, and they want to do the same thing with Jay over on the FM side.

Who gets "suspended" over something they've said for years?

20. mikem317

mikem317

I didn't leave you negative reputation. I think I left one negative rep on NES. And it was for a no-named troll who was clearly instigating a fight.

And yes, I agree with everyone else who's frustrated with the illegal alien problem. I still don't think Jay Severin ought to be the torch-bearer for the cause because a lot of his rhetoric is construed as hateful.

21. Becka

Becka

It's supposedly because he said ERs are condos for Mexicans. And with the whole swine flu originating in Mexico, someone has their PC underwear on a little too tight, and feels that we need to be a kinder gentler nation and not do anything to upset Mexico right now.
    He was booted because of a bit on Mondays show where he was talking to a nurse and the swine flu came up, and so did Mexicans, and it went on from there.

22. Ray Ninness

Ray Ninness

You want to feel bad???

Wnat to feel bad?? I saw something the other day to the effect that China was the largest Englsih speaking country??? And soon we'll be the largest Spanish speaking country????

There are wake-up call's out there is anyone listening???

Hasta Proxima

23. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

Yes. But no longer to WTKK.

24. Becka

Becka

Right on. We used to leave WTKK on for our kitties so they'd hear people when we weren't home.
    Now it's on MIX 98.5 instead. [crying] [thinking]

25. kevin9

kevin9

This is posted on their web site:
    As will my, and many others', listening to you station.

26. matt

matt

I switched over today and heard VB on 96.9. A step up from that looser they had on last week, but he ain't Jay (I don't even particularly like Jay even!). I'll keep listening to am680 until the situation is rectified.

27. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

VB is on 96.9 now? I'm only surprised because he had been on WRKO for what seemed like forever with Howie Carr.

28. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

VB may get his points somedays but he is no Jay.

Speaking of FOX 25, VB, KC, and the others...

I swear I'm going shoot my TV the next time that pickle smootcher Harshburger opens his piehole. If there is one person I hate listening to more than anyone it's that prick.

Sorry, back to your local programing......

1 person likes this.
  29. Rob

Rob

If I know Jay, I'd be willing to wager he is already looking for another outlet in the event things never change with TKK. I'm thinking maybe a web broadcast or something. I don't see him slipping silently into the night. He has too much to say and his fans demand to hear it. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

30. Becka

Becka

He was in Jay's spot maybe 2 weeks ago, on a Friday I think.
    I was surprised but he's not bad.
    He's no Jay Severin, though. No one is or ever will be.