1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Jay Severin suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Big_Red, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Rob

Rob

Sad. While Jay can be intense, I have yet to find a topic or stance on which he and I differ. And oh boy could he rip libtard callers a new one. That was the best part of the show.

I haven't listened to TKK since the election because I need to keep my blood pressure under control and lower my stress level. He works(ed) wonders for both, and not in the good way.

Definitely no intensive to turn on TKK anymore.

2. MaJeeper

MaJeeper

>>Originally Posted by mikem317 View Post
    There are an estimated 6,270,000 illegal aliens from Mexico currently residing in the United States; while an estimated 9,800,000 are here legally. Different years, sure, but this is an approximation. So 63% of all Mexicans, in the United States, are in the United States legally.

Furthermore, this disease, like all other communicable ailments, isn't obviously isolated to those of the "illegal" variety.
    So 37% are here illegally then? That is a pretty high number if you ask me... and a real serious problem. <<

Lets not forget how many of those 63% started out here ILLEGALLY and became legal by multiplying. How many Femexicans have given birth in this country (on our dime) and been given a free pass? Illegals are raping our healthcare system, driving up our insurance costs, driving up the crime rates, and keeping wages down. (never mind occupying the jobs that could be taken by LEGAL Americans in this economic downward slide).

On a side note; I have a co-worker that lives in Haverhill, Ma. He called me tonight to tell me that his kid's school has delayed handing out information packets about the mexican pig flu, because there was no spanish version. [rolleyes] These asshats don't even give a damn about learning our language. They expect to be catered to.

I agree with Severin 100%. If that makes me a hate monger, so be it. Blood is boiling...gotta go.

2 people like this.
  3. mikem317

mikem317

You're preaching to the choir. Too bad our elected officials care little about truthfully securing the border. Real immigration reform is simple. Nobody wants to listen though.

4. GSG

GSG

On the air Severin claims to be a gun owner, so maybe he posts on here...

5. Hiltonizer

Hiltonizer Banned

doubt it... he's admittedly the worst kind of computer illiterate.... he still uses paper copies of newspapers.

6. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

WTKK suspends Jay indefinitely. Their choice.

Mine is to suspend listening to WTKK indefinitely and not only to not do business with its advertisers, but actively discourage others from doing business with them.

F'n door swings both ways.

Thank God I have Sirius.

1 person likes this.
  7. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I won't listen to WTKK until Jay gets back on the air. It's censorship, pushed by a liberal agenda. Jim and Marjorie seem to say all kind of ridiculous and false things and don't get suspended. Why Jay, because he has an opinion that's unpopular in liberal circles? I don't agree with all his opinions, but in regards to "crimaliens" and illegal alien Mexicans ruining health care, I do.

1 person likes this.
  8. ItalianBostonian

ItalianBostonian

This is BS!! I have listened to Jay for years and have met him on many occasions. He is a great guy and what he speaks is the truth! I will be writing WTKK and their sponsors.

Has anyone heard back from WTKK or their sponsors if they have written to them?

9. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

You might have just gotten some unsigned neg rep from somebody, and it's not me. [rolleyes]

10. Knob Creek

Knob Creek NES Member

I agree with what he stands for. But compared to the other shows on that station Jay gives almost no time to callers. Between his commercials for Reed's Ferry sheds and other products and him talking his points that's about it..

11. fubar

fubar

" You are racist tea bagging rednecks" - anyone have a link for that ...person ... getting fired ?

As for TKK being able to fire anyone - yeah ? So what ? and perhaps next a group from DU or ACORN will figure out how to shut down this website.

Severin is an elitist , but he is right: illegal aliens are just that , not f*cking " Immigrants"

I fear for us all.

12. namedpipes

namedpipes

That's just not possible.

Massachussets passed a referendum in '03 requiring the schools to teach in English only. The flyers would have been printed in English.

Oh.

That was a voter referendum. Right.

Never mind, I forgot I was in Mass for a minute.

1 person likes this.
  13. JimB

JimB

don't agree

Greg, 96.9 stays on the air by advertising, thats how it survives.

If no one is listening they will cancel their ads.... now what.

JimB

14. Lynne

Lynne

I just tried sending them an email on the "Contact us" menu. It came back and said there was a problem - to try later.

Are we drowning them in email to the point where the system passed out? [smile] I sure as hell hope so!

1 person likes this.
  15. lord1234

lord1234

My letter, sent to all locations

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    2 people like this.
  16. Lynne

Lynne

I'm not sure, but I think Media Right is in Portsmouth NH.

17. K-DUB

K-DUB

1 person likes this.
  18. Lynne

Lynne

You beat me to it hun. I just posted it and saw you got it first.

And I was close - it was Bedford, not Portsmouth - at least I got NH right. <wink>

19. lord1234

lord1234

Has anyone recieved any email from Basement technologies? I recieved an email from Denise that was CC'd to Lara Chikofsky and Linda Smith. Is this a standard auto reply from them? (I think it might be and if it is i'll ignore it)

20. gjones77

gjones77

I'm sure FreeRepublic also have some hand in that...

Freepers are notoriously brutal in these matters...

Gotta love em' [smile]

21. K-DUB

K-DUB

22. bdutton

bdutton

[​IMG]

23. bdutton

bdutton

I'm shocked to hear about this frankly.

lord1234: Thanks for posting that letter. Easier to copy and paste.

Lynne and K-DUB: Thanks for posting the links. email sent to all.

24. Robert J

Robert J

Hey I got a great reply from Reeds. They really showed concern for my position. Take a moment to read this and see if you want to do business with someone that has an attitude like this.

Subject line: Nutbags and Whackjobs

Hi Charles and Robert
    Reeds Ferry advertises on radio stations that have listeners. WTKK has listeners. We will stop when they no longer have listeners.

Some people want Jay Severin dead, others pray at his alter. We will sell a shed to either group. We don't care...

You both wrote that "you were just about to buy one our sheds until Jay blah, blah, blah"... It's remarkable; it seems when Jay listeners get angry about something they suddenly believe they were just about to buy a shed, even though they never were. It's an amazing phenomenon.

Everybody also writes that they are going to tell "all their friends" not to buy one of our sheds, but after reading the emails we are certain it's impossible that these people have many friends; we figure they are too busy writing annoying emails about meaningless radio programs to find time to bond.

In summary

We will sell a shed to a left-wing nutbag

We will sell a shed to a right-wing whack job

But to be honest, we prefer normal folk who don't send useless emails

You have our permission to buy your "imaginary shed" someplace else. That's a price we will gladly pay.

My original message to Reeds Ferry is below. I don't know who Charles is, or if he said he was going to buy a shed or not, but I did not intend to imply in any way I was just about to buy a shed. If I was in the market for one I would have said so directly.

Comments:: Hello,

I am writing to you as a consumer that was exposed to your business through your advertising on a local Boston radio station. The specific station was WTKK at frequency/FM 98.9. They have recently suspended an on air personality for voicing opinions that were focused and aligned with the audience base. Jay Severin was the primary reason I listened to the station and whenever possible utilized the companies that advertise on WTKK. Their suspension of this employee is certainly within their rights as an employer. The net result to your business is that as a continuing supporter of this station I shall never allow myself or any other family member to do business with your company again. There has to be a price paid for this continuing trend to obscene levels of political correctness and conformity. WTKK took the action of suspending this personality but your continuing association with them means your company is going to pay the price. They can apologize on air and return him to working status or you can immediately cease advertising with them but anything short of that will cost your company my business and every one I can speak to regarding your continued support of WTKK and their cowardly and shameful actions.

Sincerely

Robert Xxxx

25. doobie

doobie Banned

WTTK is still using his name for promotion on their main page:

26. Martlet

Martlet

Wow.

27. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

Sounds like an note from a guy that's been getting lots of emails on the issue from both sides of the fence and is irritated.

28. Martlet

Martlet

I'd like to know who he is.

29. Big_Red

Big_Red

He forgot about the center. Or is that what calls the "normal folk"? What a response. [rolleyes]

30. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

What company is it?