Jay Severin suspended indefinitely

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i don't think he should be suspended. it reminds me of when they went after Imus.

i think is is lame that liberals wait and listen for ANYTHING that they can use to get rid of sucessful radio show hosts. they piss me right the hell off.

don't get me wrong-- i am not severin's biggest fan... i don't like how many commercials vs. air time he has and i feel like he hardly ever gets to the point...

but i am SO SICK AND TIRED of this PC bullshit.

it is america! where is the freedom??
Freedom? What does freedom have to do with anything in a private enterprise? As long as he's employed and cashing his check the station gets to do whatever the heck they want. No one is stopping him from buying his own radio station, or hopping onto a soap box in Harvard Square and voicing his opinions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I absolutely think you're left of center.

I didn't neg rep you, though.
Then you'd be wrong.

"No one is saying they can't fire him, just that it was stupid". That's the "insightful" comment I received from a forum coward. I find it rather paradoxical that this person considers Severin's suspension "stupid" since Severin spoke his mind, and I get negative rep'd since I spoke mine. [rolleyes]

Although I am pretty sure of what you are saying there, I have a feeling that WTKK might have had to suspend him for legal purposes, i.e. when comments are under investigation. Just like Opie and Anthony were suspended from WAAF way back when they pulled their April Fools Day stunt saying Menino was killed in a car accident. they eventually got fired cuz the management there were a bunch of pus... kitty cats.
I hope Jay is vindicated and returned ASAP to the airwaves!
Sure, most speech is protected. I think what Severin said was protected. Probably counterproductive and hateful, but still protected. I think the Opie and Anthony case may constitute fraud, which isn't protected. Nevertheless, WTKK as well as most other employers, can discharge any employee for any reason provided they are an "at will" employee.

Robert J said:
So your numbers of "legal" Mexicans includes the 3 million that were granted amnesty in order to clean up the mess and stop the cross border flood in 1996.
I have no idea. Check the links. Another poster estimated that only one-tenth of one percent of immigrants from Mexico were in the United States lawfully.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Freedom? What does freedom have to do with anything in a private enterprise? As long as he's employed and cashing his check the station gets to do whatever the heck they want. No one is stopping him from buying his own radio station, or hopping onto a soap box in Harvard Square and voicing his opinions.
I agree. I don't want to put words in her mouth, but I think she was referring to the fact that instead of not listening to him or patronizing his sponsors, moonbats actively work to get him off the air.

When Air America was on, I didn't run crying whenever they said something I didn't like. I just didn't listen to them. Apparently, nobody else did either.

jcetto0351

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Jay's been saying criminaliens for awhile now...so has michelle mcphee, michael graham, curtis lewah(sp)....pretty much the whole crew! that can't be the whole story behind it.....either way....if Jay gets fired, I'll find a new radio station

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It's a private business,they can hire and fire who they want and when they want.

I didn't listen to the transcript,but did he use Mexicans as a whole,or did he single out illegal aliens from Mexico ?

If he used Mexicans as a general term,he deserved to get fired.There are thousands upon thousands of Mexicans who fought and died for this country while Severin did nothing but be part of a political machine and never put on a uniform in service for his country.

Last edited:

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's a private business,they can hire and fire who they want and when they want.
Very true. And I can also choose to never listen to them or do business with their advertisers, which is what I am doing. Works both ways.

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
Jay can get tiresome and his rants have grown more vitrolic but as long as people are tuning in he shouldn't be suspended. Of course TKK is a private company and can fire whomever they want, I just think it's dumb to can him if he was making money for the station.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left the Communistwealth for Live Free or Die!
Jay can get tiresome and his rants have grown more vitrolic but as long as people are tuning in he shouldn't be suspended..

As a fan, his statements reflect the vitriole of many of his listeners. He's just saying what many are thinking.

Anger does get tiresome, but these days, it's hard to avoid it unless you live in a cave.

J

Jose

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Severin is a hate monger. I remember he basically said that instead of befriending the Middle East we should basically kill all of them. In other words, he's the terrorist. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The Republican Party had enough of his hateful antics, looks like WTKK finally came to their senses..
We need lots more like him to clean this place up.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You really want to know what's up?

It's quite easy, swine flu started in Mexico, and our diversity at all cost liberal friends don't want the average person to put 2 and 2 together and realize that illegal immigration has more than just a financial burden, it can cause this pandemic to spread faster than our country can contain it.

So, this hurts the amnesty cause quite a bit and can set back their plans, as well as all the illegal votes that the Democrats get from the immigration community, so they're now focusing on silencing anyone who points out this simple fact.

Kinda obvious, look at the bigger picture.
I have been thinking a similar thing lately - because of this swine flu thing the liberals are really playing with fire. If by some chance it every comes out that illegal aliens have carried the virus into this country - AND - we start getting a lot of people dying because of it - I think there will be hell to pay.

The whole swine flu thing may just fade away. But it could also become a real problem, only time will tell.

I listen to Jay Severin every night on my way home - he has been using that
"criminalien" term for as long as I have been listening to him. I have noticed though the Graham and Severin seem to be getting more liberal callers lately who are trying to challenge them. I bet the radio station had a liberal bitchfest about Severin from a bunch of people trying to get him off the air.

They should replace Severin with Mark Levin - the liberals will be begging to get Severin back.

" You're a jackass!"

Hiltonizer

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been listening to Severin since the Romney v. O'Brien election... the decision to can him has had to have been a lot longer in the making than some routine statements earlier this week.

He brings in more ad revenue than the rest of the stations shows combined.

Graham sucks, Imus sucks, Eagan and Braudie suck, McPhee sucks...

Levin is the only other one not terrible, and of course the Phantom Gorumet guys.

If they want to survive as a station, he'll be back soon.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like Graham. I'm with you on all the others sucking though.

Imus: Drunk babbling liberal idiot.

Egan and Braudie (sp?): Obama-loving dolts, especially the guy.

McPhee: Not very bad except she's moderate and boring. So, no point in wasting my time with her.

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
I've been listening to Severin since the Romney v. O'Brien election... the decision to can him has had to have been a lot longer in the making than some routine statements earlier this week.

He brings in more ad revenue than the rest of the stations shows combined.

Levin is the only other one not terrible, and of course the Phantom Gorumet guys.

If they want to survive as a station, he'll be back soon.
Agree 100%. He was the only one worth listening to on the whole station. I'm very interested to see what's behind this. He didn't violate any FCC regs and he was being paid to be contraversial. So why 'suspend' him for doing what they paid him to do?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I contacted all the advertisers on the list and have made it clear I will not do business with anyone that advertises on WTKK until Severin is reinstated. And several of them will be able to check their sales records and see my name more than once.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's my letter (I borrowed a bit from namedpipes and K-DUB, I hope that's okay).
Dear Mr. Smyth,
I am a WTKK Insider and have attended a few events (Michael Graham meet and greets, the Election Night party, etc) over the years. I've been a faithful listener of 96.9 for over five years. Jay Severin was the main draw to your station for me, followed by Michael Graham (who I first discovered when he was in Jay's time slot a few years ago).

Jay and other hosts (as well as ads for Jay’s show) have been using the term “criminaliens” for years. That he was suspended for it now shows poor judgement on the part of the station management. Those people who are complaining about his statements are obviously NOT regular listeners or supporters of your station & your advertisers.

Jay Severin is the reason I started listening to WTKK and his forced departure will be the reason I stop. I am deeply disappointed by the suspension of Severin and will stop listening if he does not return. I know that my feelings on this are mirrored by thousands of the Best and Brightest. Please know that thousands of conservatively minded listeners will agree with this viewpoint and will perhaps go so far as to boycott those advertisers that remain with the station.

I urge you to reconsider this suspension and if you must, impose some other correction that will allow Severin to remain on the air. We need as many intelligent and articulate folks on the air as we can get. Terminating Jay Severin for speaking the truth (criminalien = criminal alien, which is a correct and truthful term for anyone living in our country illegally – and the fact is that many illegal aliens do not have health insurance and therefore DO resort to emergency rooms for primary care) rips apart the First Amendment. Terminating Jay Severin does not support ‘The Evolution’ – unless you mean an evolution into censorship and the de-evolution of the United States Constitution and our right to Free Speech.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here's my letter (I borrowed a bit from namedpipes and K-Dub, I hope that's okay).
It's more than ok...good job Becka. In retrospect, I should've taken a little more time writing mine, but I was angry when I wrote it.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The overwhelming majority ARE.

Where have you been?
Jose, I crudely estimated the number in an earlier post.

What's also important to mention here is that communicable diseases like the flu, don't care about the lawfulness of one's migration status. Not sure if Severin eluded to this in his radio show but at least one other NESer has.

Top Bottom