1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Jay Severin suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Big_Red, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Erebus

Erebus

He knuckled.... no other way to look at it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1175818&format=text

2. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

It really doesn't matter anymore.

If he tones it down he looses listeners and credibility. If he maintains course he looses his job. In the end we lost to the PC police.

3. Gonzo

Gonzo

Yup. Done. The Libs win again.

4. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

It depends how "toned down" he needs to be. If he simply has to stop saying things like "condos for Mexicans", then he may be OK. But, if he has to stop talking about how illegal immigrants are ruining the country and how muslim terrorists are trying to kill us, then he's done for. I would guess just the former, but I'll tune in and see.

5. fubar

fubar

I have my doubts. ....but he could substitute Criminaliens & "wetbacks" for "Illegal Alien " etc. Just give things straight-up proper names.

For a man who so prides himself on his vocabulary and English skills , it shouldn't be a problem to make all the same arguments and viewpoints without resorting to language that gives his enemies an edge.

6. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

...but it sucks when some of your enemies are sitting in the front office.

Oh, and the shed company can still kiss my ass. [smile]

7. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Someone should ask him how Mexican ass tastes.

I bet Michael Graham can't even look him in the face.

8. Lynne

Lynne

That's exactly what happened.

Then again, Jay's making $1 Mil a year....I'd probably apologize too.

9. William Wallace

William Wallace

Didnt get to hear the show today until 3:45... Did he totally cave?

10. Greg

Greg

Being as he sucks as a talk show host(IMO of course) and as a campaign organizer,he has to apologize if he wants a job.

11. K-DUB

K-DUB

I was hoping he'd get on the air for 3 minutes & say "You want my apology, crimaliens? BITE ME!", & let the pieces fall where they may. I was disapointed by his apology.

12. salesman

salesman

I only listned for a few...but he sounded nervous to me. I think they cut his balls off.

13. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I only listened for 20 minutes while driving, and he did sound odd.... "nervous" maybe, but I was thinking hoarse. Either he had a cold, or he's been screaming in anger nonstop for the past month in his house and lost his voice.

14. Mike S

Mike S NES Member

I think the entire thing was a marketing ploy, just like when Coke pulled the "original formula" off the shelf and a few months later brought it back as "Classic Coke" and sold a jillion gallons of it.

Smart move on their part if you think about it, take him away, make everyone miss him, create all kinds of controversy, get tons of free press (no such thing as bad press) then bring him back with higher ratings than ever.

15. Coyote33

Coyote33

Don't they doctor up the voices to smooth them out? I thought he sounded different also. Maybe they are using a new synthesizer/computer thing.

16. ItalianBostonian

ItalianBostonian

This is posted on the wtkk website.

"I wish to offer and trust you will consider my sincere apology. I and the men and women for whom, and with whom, I work have a duty to our community to ensure that every day our station offers - in partnership with You - ideas and conversation about the issues of the day which are thought-provoking, compelling, challenging, entertaining - but also always responsible, civil, thoughtful and respectful to all members of our community. This is our standard. However, recently, in making certain remarks, I failed this standard, and thus failed my colleagues and you. My remarks were hurtful, unkind and wrong. For those remarks and for failing to meet the standards you are right to expect of me, I am sincerely sorry. Most especially to the members of the Mexican community and Mexican-American community, I regret my remarks and I apologize for them. I am sorry. I want you to be an engaged and proud member of this audience, but I appreciate I must earn that privilege, every day. And I can only expect to do so by conducting a civil and intelligent conversation worthy of you, worthy of your family - whether or not you always agree with my opinions. To every person I have offended by my recent remarks: I am truly regretful and extend my apology. And to those who were not offended, I have still let you down by appealing to something less than the "best and brightest" in you, and for this I am also sorry. I am tremendously eager to renew - and make better - our ten years together of daily conversation and vigorous debate. You have my personal pledge that I will do my best to make ours the best show on radio. And, as ever, thank you for my job."

-Jay Severin

17. tele_mark

tele_mark

Bye bye TKK, it was nice to have listened to ya.

18. ItalianBostonian

ItalianBostonian

I am listening to Jay right now and he is talking about how the BPD can't get those semi-auto rifles, and how we as citizens can own them but the cops can't use them. People with LTC's are calling in, any of those people any of us?