Jay Severin is angry tonight...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't believe it will happen that way. Just the opposite in fact. They will try to take your guns first, then dictate how you will live and what they decide you will be "entitled" to.
That's where your wrong. They will make it a felony to not pay taxes on a car you don't own anymore. This felony will issue a warrant for your arrest, which makes you a criminal. You'll surrender your firearms, and the pro-gun community won't judge the BOSS because you didn't play by the rules..[thinking]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's where your wrong. They will make it a felony to not pay taxes on a car you don't own anymore. This felony will issue a warrant for your arrest, which makes you a criminal. You'll surrender your firearms, and the pro-gun community won't judge the BOSS because you didn't play by the rules..[thinking]
Surrender my firearms? What firearms? I lost those a year ago in a boating mishap in the middle of Boston Harbor. [wink]

In any regard, as bad as I think it's going to get, I don't see your above scenario having a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Surrender my firearms? What firearms? I lost those a year ago in a boating mishap in the middle of Boston Harbor. [wink]

In any regard, as bad as I think it's going to get, I don't see your above scenario having a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.
So you lost all of your firearms....well then your ineligible for home ownership. The government goons will be here shortly to collect your things, and put your family in foster care.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope you're right. that will wake people up. but that's the stupid way, and these people are not stupid. think about it, if you wanted to take the one guarantee of liberty from liberty minded folks would you reach out and grab it, or would you make things so uncomfortable for them that they turned it in willingly? i'm serious about this. not just trying to stir up conversation.
I guess it would depend on what kind of man or woman one is. And perhaps also, what one's basic set of principles are and if one has the courage to stand by them or cave.

It is axiomatic that freedom is not free. So many of our forefathers, or fathers or today, our brothers and sisters have fought for, bled for and have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend our Constitution and the freedom it bestows on us.

I can only speak for myself, but will I dishonor the sacrifices of those brave men and women? Could I so easily walk away and abandon my Constitution? Am I willing to live as a slave of the state, lower the Flag and condemn future generations of Americans to a life of servitude because I was too cowardly to take the same risks that so many soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines have made in defense of freedom? How could I look at another Monument to their bravery and courage? How would I ever be able to raise the Flag again? How could I ever live with myself knowing that I was too afraid to pledge my "life, fortune and sacred honor?"

For me, I simply can't do that. I love my Constitution more than my life, because the principles of freedom for which it stands, is more important than my life. In addition, I already know that I would not want to live my life in chains.

That's the best answer I can give you.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For me, I simply can't do that. I love my Constitution more than my life, because the principles of freedom for which it stands, is more important than my life. In addition, I already know that I would not want to live my life in chains.

That's the best answer I can give you.
You live in MA, don't be so Delusional. Your rights are eroded, you've done nothing so far to uphold them...yet! There still is time friendo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good answer. i guess that's what scares me the most. i'm 33 yrs old. a wife, five small children. a good business in the law enforcement industry. roughly a hundred people who depend on me directly and indirectly for their living. i'm hearing an awful lot of talk about revolution online and offline... the most concerning thing is the offline sources. i'm talking about regular folk around town... the kind of folk who don't normally even know what the day's news is. i don't like this. it scares me. and it scares me because my primary responsibility right now is to ensure that those five kids, that business, and those hundred or so people are provided for. i don't have the liberty of pretending that my countries constitution is worth more than my life any more. there's only one thing worth more than my life. those people who depend on me. it's why i give my life up for them now, why i've done it in the past, and why i now feel cornered into surrendering what i feel is sacred to ensure that they're taken care of in the future.
What if all those people up and join the revolution?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good answer. i guess that's what scares me the most. i'm 33 yrs old. a wife, five small children. a good business in the law enforcement industry. roughly a hundred people who depend on me directly and indirectly for their living. i'm hearing an awful lot of talk about revolution online and offline... the most concerning thing is the offline sources. i'm talking about regular folk around town... the kind of folk who don't normally even know what the day's news is. i don't like this. it scares me. and it scares me because my primary responsibility right now is to ensure that those five kids, that business, and those hundred or so people are provided for.

i don't have the liberty of pretending that my country's constitution is worth more than my life any more. there's only one thing worth more than my life. those people who depend on me. it's why i give my life up for them now, why i've done it in the past, and why i now feel cornered into surrendering what i feel is sacred to ensure that they're taken care of in the future.
I too own a home and have a family. But the thing is, every person has to make their own decisions. At least in a free country they still can. I can't tell you what you should do, I can only tell you what I will do. But if it should come down to a second revolution, I hope that liberty will prevail and your children and their children will know the same taste of freedom that we have known.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so are you going to pick up your rifle. abandon your kids. go shoot up the bad guys? who exactly are the bad guys? are they your neighbors and friends down working at the local post office, the local dmv, the local town hall? people like dave, michelle, brian, etc? are you really going to go down there and shoot them in the name of liberty when the time comes? just so your kids can taste the liberty that you have in MA? is that even considered liberty?

are you willing to give up everything, get your ass shot off, lose, and leave them with nothing because daddy had this crazy idea of preserving an idea that his country was founded on?

i'm not trolling. i'm hashing all of this stuff out in my head, and permanently online i suppose, too. [smile]

Actually, it's "mommy." I am female. [wink]

And the short answer is, if our Founding Fathers could do it, so can I and for the reasons I explained above. And believe me, I have given this a LOT of thought.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Much food for thought here. I spend many waking hours hashing this stuff out myself.

My biggest questions are, where is the "line in the sand" where people of sufficient numbers will say "No! No more!"? Is there a line?

The things being said by Jay and Glenn Beck in recent weeks are things I never imagined I'd hear major television and radio commentators saying. Of course, it's in response to events I never imagined witnessing in this country.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If we could get a 100 million or so people not to file their taxes. Can't arrest everyone. Even a delay 'til May 15th would send a pretty loud signal that people are getting pretty pissed off at the bullshit going on in Washington...

Something like that is a good - peaceful - idea to protest the crap that is happening in this country.

You would never get 100 million people though. But even 10 million people would throw a serious monkey wrench in the system. They could never prosecute all of them.

It's also an idea that I have heard from a few other people that I work with. So when multiple people all start coming up with the same idea that is a good sign that it has some legitimacy. Keep spreading the word - as the idea spreads it might gain some real traction.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Much food for thought here. I spend many waking hours hashing this stuff out myself.

My biggest questions are, where is the "line in the sand" where people of sufficient numbers will say "No! No more!"? Is there a line?

The things being said by Jay and Glenn Beck in recent weeks are things I never imagined I'd hear major television and radio commentators saying. Of course, it's in response to events I never imagined witnessing in this country.
One thing to bear in mind is that for all the talk of revolution on such on this site (and lots of others) - something like that will never happen and never be legitimate without some sort of peaceful opposition first.

It appears that there are many people who have or are coming to the conclusion that voting just doesn't change anything any more. So onto other forms of peaceful ways to change what is going on. I have seen the potential for a million gun owner march mentioned on a few other sites I visit (non gun oriented) and the general consensus seems to be that something like that would go a long way towards scaring the crap out of the powers that be.

Jedhead mentioned refusing to pay taxes (or more accurately - refusing to file) - this would also be another peaceful way of opposing what is going on.

There can never be a legitimate armed opposition unless all or most of the peaceful alternatives are exhausted. And I would bet that (just like the first time) - it will be the government that will push the whole thing over the line from peaceful to violent. The point is - that is what has to happen, if this somehow all leads towards a revolution or secession of some sort let it be the govt. that causes it - not us.

Rating - 96.4%
26   1   1
I wonder where the line will truly be drawn. Will it based over civil rights or will it actually be over money(as the previous revolutionary war was)? We've had nearly 2 trillion dollars "offered up" by the government in the last few months. How many more trillion(s) will it take before more people say "enough is enough"?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked Severin a lot better when his show was 80% content and 20% commercials, now it's the other way around.
Yup, Sometimes I would get in my car at Wellington and there would be a commercial on and Jay wouldn't come back on until I was 3/4 of the way back to my place in saugus. Commute is the only time I listen to the radio, so it would be nice if they'd cut the commercial bs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be over money. There is a good chance it will be peaceful. My prediction is a bunch of states(likely none in the Northeast) will make laws to isolate themselves from nationalism thus attracting more like minded folks and wealth. Then basically seceding or withholding federal tax payments. Any state promoting economic freedom and regular freedom will collect the most productive people, the people the rest of the country need.
One thing I'm wondering is if the federal gov't bails out your mortgage are you then required to live in that house?
I know it's a cliche but perhaps the South will rise again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder where the line will truly be drawn. Will it based over civil rights or will it actually be over money(as the previous revolutionary war was)? We've had nearly 2 trillion dollars "offered up" by the government in the last few months. How many more trillion(s) will it take before more people say "enough is enough"?
The thing is, people have already said enough is enough. They sent e-mails, they made phone calls, they made visits to their elected official's offices. From illegal immigration, to the ban on drilling, to this trillion dollar abomination, these were all bipartisan issues in which the majority of Americans told their elected officials they what did not want. And what did they receive in return? With the exception of only a few who still get it, each and every one of us were shown the middle finger.

Think about that.

The majority of Americans want to repeal the environmental ban on drilling, and reduce our dependency on foreign oil, and they let their so-called leaders know. They were told to go F themselves. In fact, as a presidential candidate, the Usurper vowed to tax the coal industry into bankruptcy! When have you ever heard an American presidential candidate threaten to bankrupt an American industry? But then, Barry isn't truly an American. At least not a natural born one. Nor is he one in spirit.

The majority of Americans want serious immigration reform, and they let their so-called public servants know. And what did they receive in return? The finger. In fact, soon, Americans will have to deal with the influx of thousands of Palestinians that even the Arab world has continually refused to take in. And you can bet the farm that many of these Palestinians will be Hamas terrorists. You can thank the Usurper for that.

As to this 1000 page trillion dollar tax bill, (not to mention the billions they will borrow from the Chinese government) not one of your so-called elected servants ever read it before they voted for it; there again, you got the finger.

Most people have read the opening paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence, but many have never actually read the grievances listed as the reason why our Founding Fathers chose to revolt. It's quite interesting how many of those grievances parallel our own today.

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. (The Usurper has decided to control US census data from the White House. Never before in our nation's history has that been done. Can you spell Gerrymandering?)

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.

He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.

He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states:

For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world: For imposing taxes on us without our consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury:

For transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses:

For abolishing the free system of English laws in a neighboring province, establishing therein an arbitrary government, and enlarging its boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule in these colonies:

For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments:

For suspending our own legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burned our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow citizens taken captive on the high seas to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Nor have we been wanting in attention to our British brethren.

We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence.

They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent states; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do.

And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts: John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut: Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott New York: William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware: Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean Maryland: Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia: George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina: William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Source: The Pennsylvania Packet, July 8, 1776

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The thing is, people have already said enough is enough. They sent e-mails, they made phone calls, they made visits to their elected official's offices. From illegal immigration, to the ban on drilling, to this trillion dollar abomination, these were all bipartisan issues in which the majority of Americans told their elected officials they what did not want. And what did they receive in return? With the exception of only a few who still get it, each and every one of us were shown the middle finger.

Think about that.

The majority of Americans want to repeal the environmental ban on drilling, and reduce our dependency on foreign oil, and they let their so-called leaders know. They were told to go F themselves. In fact, as a presidential candidate, the Usurper vowed to tax the coal industry into bankruptcy! When have you ever heard an American presidential candidate threaten to bankrupt an American industry? But then, Barry isn't truly an American. At least not a natural born one. Nor is he one in spirit.

The majority of Americans want serious immigration reform, and they let their so-called public servants know. And what did they receive in return? The finger. In fact, soon, Americans will have to deal with the influx of thousands of Palestinians that even the Arab world has continually refused to take in. And you can bet the farm that many of these Palestinians will be Hamas terrorists. You can thank the Usurper for that.

As to this 1000 page trillion dollar tax bill, (not to mention the billions they will borrow from the Chinese government) not one of your so-called elected servants ever read it before they voted for it; there again, you got the finger.

Most people have read the opening paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence, but many have never actually read the grievances listed as the reason why our Founding Fathers chose to revolt. It's quite interesting how many of those grievances parallel our own today.

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. (The Usurper has decided to control US census data from the White House. Never before in our nation's history has that been done. Can you spell Gerrymandering?)

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.

He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.

He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states:

For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world: For imposing taxes on us without our consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury:

For transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses:

For abolishing the free system of English laws in a neighboring province, establishing therein an arbitrary government, and enlarging its boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule in these colonies:

For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments:

For suspending our own legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burned our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow citizens taken captive on the high seas to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Nor have we been wanting in attention to our British brethren.

We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence.

They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent states; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do.

And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts: John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut: Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott New York: William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware: Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean Maryland: Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia: George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina: William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Source: The Pennsylvania Packet, July 8, 1776
WOW!!! +1 Great Post! It's like deja vu!

chobicus

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's that first gun related post coming? You've been working on it so long, we expect big things.
Please stop trolling

edit: My question remains. How did he usurp the throne? Who did he overthrow, either by force or through illegal means, in his election? Did you call Bush The Usurper too, or is that just for people who won both popular and electoral votes?

To answer your question, I'm planning on making a few gun-related posters after I'm done with my current one. Before you ask, no, they won't be motivated by any sort of Liberal Agenda. So I'll probably post those when I finish them.

Last edited:
Rating - 96.4%
26   1   1
Please stop trolling

edit: My question remains. How did he usurp the throne? Who did he overthrow, either by force or through illegal means, in his election? Did you call Bush The Usurper too, or is that just for people who won both popular and electoral votes?

To answer your question, I'm planning on making a few gun-related posters after I'm done with my current one. Before you ask, no, they won't be motivated by any sort of Liberal Agenda. So I'll probably post those when I finish them.
No, just motivated by a absolute lack of belonging on this board.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Basically he has demonstrated in his run to the White House that he is Deceitfull, Manipulative, Dishonest and not worthy of trust or good judgement regardless of what prior president's were called.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't find much of anything gun related in your posts... except your OP wondering about whether charlton was a green town... so if i were you i wouldn't accuse others here of trolling...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How did he usurp the throne? Who did he overthrow, either by force or through illegal means, in his election?

I cannot speak for why anyone else would feel that would fit. For myself I see it as an intransitive verb describing the actions currently demonstrated, as in: to seize or exercise authority or possession wrongfully. Apparently many people agree that there are wrongful acts being committed, it is debatable if they are actually illegal or impeachable but that is not dispositive of the wrongful nature of the acts, nor does the proper use of the term require a legal finding. I believe once proven it becomes Ultra Vires.

History shows most people that gained the moniker of usurper without military force were at one point able to dupe more than 50% of the populace allowing them to hold power for some period of time.

chobicus

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak for why anyone else would feel that would fit. For myself I see it as an intransitive verb describing the actions currently demonstrated, as in: to seize or exercise authority or possession wrongfully. Apparently many people agree that there are wrongful acts being committed, it is debatable if they are actually illegal or impeachable but that is not dispositive of the wrongful nature of the acts, nor does the proper use of the term require a legal finding. I believe once proven it becomes Ultra Vires.

History shows most people that gained the moniker of usurper without military force were at one point able to dupe more than 50% of the populace allowing them to hold power for some period of time.
Don't you feel that your judgment is a little hasty seeing as he hasn't been president for a full month yet?

As far as "duping 50% of the populace" being a qualifier for a usurper, that means that every president can be called a usurper. Look, we have a Democrat president. I know you feel it sucks, but that's the way it is. Give it more than a month before you start comparing him to tyrants.

Top Bottom