• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jared just said SBR’s are illegal in MA...

So is my super short fully semi wicked auto maybe illegal or is it legal on Sunday when the moon is full. Sorry trying to follow the byzantine laws in this state to keep me safe is tough to keep up with. Or is it to keep the looters safe. Hard to tell.

Wasn't he the Subway guy that went to. . . . damnnit, B-dub beat me to it!

me too[rofl]....the ball was placed right on that Tee ready to blast out of the park

tee-ball.jpg

Jared from Guns & Gadgets posted a video/livestream last night about the ATF’s decision to call that HoneyBadger AR pistol a SBR. Typical ATF bs. However, around the 4 minute mark of the video Jared states that SBR’s are illegal in states like Massachusetts and you cannot have them. He says this very firmly. This is concerning to me because he is a police officer. I know he does a lot of great 2A work and I enjoy and subscribe to his channel but he definitely didn’t mis-speak giving how firmly he stated this. People brought it up in the comments but if anybody on here knows him please get the word out to him that he is completely wrong. The last thing we need is a 2A friendly cop not knowing MA and Federal gun laws. There’s enough order followers out there to deal with. 👍🏻🇺🇸
He posted a correction today.

Well I will just need to hope that ACB gets confirmed then, and SCOTUS gets a little backbone on the 2A before I can be reunited with some on my range toys... 🤦🏻‍♂️

You could fix a 10 round mag, or install a Kali-key BCG before bringing it into MA. Then, form 1 it and remove the fixed mag button or Kali-key BCG. Whether you permanently attach a comp-brake and use a fixed stock is up to personal risk assessment as it’s still up in the air as to whether or not SBRs are subject to the rifle feature restrictions in MA.

Hey everybody! I just wanted to apologize I messed up in what I said last night I was thinking suppressors but my mouth said SBR‘s. I apologize!! You can have SBR‘s in Massachusetts providing you get a tax stamp and utilize the proper forms for the ATF.
Honey Badgers in MA are probably a no-go however.
Better watch out. You go apologizing and correcting yourself when you're wrong, you'll lose your YouTube Celebrity status. I think you're supposed to dig in, double down, and turn off comments.

I think that's actually specified in the contract.

Story of my life right here. [smile]

So if a Honey Badger is now an SBR and not a pistol it would seem that it's now more available to people in MA than it was before, right, as long as it passes the features test?

Yeah. Rule #2 - no magazine well forward of the pistol grip. WHOOPS! An AR pistol, post-98, is ALWAYS an AWB violation in mASS. Some may say that SBR <> AWB. I'm not so sure and don't wanna be a test case. LOL

Better watch out. You go apologizing and correcting yourself when you're wrong, you'll lose your YouTube Celebrity status. I think you're supposed to dig in, double down, and turn off comments.

I think that's actually specified in the contract.
LOL! I try...far from celebrity status...lol

Back
Top Bottom