• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

January 2015 Gun Shows

Waited in line for about 40 minutes before I got in. Two big rooms of tables. There were a few modern firearms vendors (tombstone, Pete's, etc), but it was mostly old rifles/gear and knives. There was some ammo, but not much I was interested in. Wish I had slept in instead.

Got to the Sturbridge show at about 8:50. In by 9:15. When I left at 11:45 the line was still wrapped around the outside of the building along with inside as well! Not a lot of new guns but I did score a Ruger GP100 Match Champion!!!! I've literally seen two for sale in the state as they have yet to make 'the list'. Whoop Whoop! Worth the trip. Also met another NESer for a private sale prior to the show so all in all a great day![grin]

BTW, if you go, don't miss Ben Cartwright SASS and his display of Boston Police revolvers. Very cool to see.

Last edited:
Saw the display of BPD revolvers. That was cool to see.

I wanted to pick up an 80% lower. The only one I saw was $90[rofl2]

Saw the display of BPD revolvers. That was cool to see.

I wanted to pick up an 80% lower. The only one I saw was $90[rofl2]

That Boston display was very nice and yes you are right the only 80% in the hole place was that 90.00 dollar one and it was a blem along with some all ready machined out, more like a 85% lol.

I'm very disappointed about the lack of bulk ammo, no 7.62x54. Sucks cause for once the show is in my back yard and for what I was looking for there was not a lot.

Jason.

The show was eh. Lousy lighting in one of the rooms and next to impossible to move around let alone get near a table. Reminded me of the Fitchburg show they used to have at a fancy hotel.

The room that had good lighting and some space to move around looked like an antiques museum on one half. Lots of very old guns with no prices on them.

If this becomes a regular show in the schedule I'll be skipping it.

January 10,11 Manchester, NH Radisson Hotel, Diprete Promotions

Bendad97 said:
I will be hitting the Manchester, NH Show.
Have you been to that one before? How is it for accessories like mags, slings, and AR parts?
The Manchester & Concord shows always have many dealers with ammunition, mags, and slings, some even have sane prices. While 22LR is still crazy, I've gotten very good deals on bulk rifle ammo, recently, at both of these shows.

Go on Saturday, that way even if the show is a bust, you're within a reasonable drive of a number of local gun shops (e.g. 15min to Acme) and walking distance to many great lunch options (avoid "Athens" greek restaurant across the street).

Got there at 8:45, was right at the door to get inside the hotel. Was 11 dollars with the coupon- they must make a boatload of money at the door. That line stayed long for hours. Didn't pick up anything.

The Manchester & Concord shows always have many dealers with ammunition, mags, and slings, some even have sane prices. While 22LR is still crazy, I've gotten very good deals on bulk rifle ammo, recently, at both of these shows.

Go on Saturday, that way even if the show is a bust, you're within a reasonable drive of a number of local gun shops (e.g. 15min to Acme) and walking distance to many great lunch options (avoid "Athens" greek restaurant across the street).

I will be attending the show next Saturday, with a review to follow. I will hope for no Negligent Discharges this time...

We were ten minutes away from the door at opening...near the fieldstone fireplace. Some of the aisles were too narrow for the crowd that was there. We found a couple cheap classic shotguns in shooters grade and poverty prices. We looked hard but still haven't found any gun show loopholes to exploit.

Like everyone else is saying...

1) Very long, slow lines all morning and into the early afternoon (half indoors/half outdoors)
2) Tons of antiques. More like a museum than a typical MA gun show
3) Narrow, extremely crowded aisles and crappy lighting in some areas
4) Not nearly as many of the "usual suspect" modern gun vendors
5) Crazy parking situation due to massive over-attendance

I overheard remarks to the effect that the crowd was close to twice what was expected. Hopefully, the next Sturbridge show will see more rooms opened up and utilized. As for me, I'll probably go again, but not before noon on Saturday. Long, slow-moving lines are not my thing. [thinking]

I got one deal in today's market $159.00 for a case of Winchester small pistol primers a little under $32.00 a thousand. Better than any Western Mass. price I have seen lately.

He had them marked $165.00 I offered $159.00 cash, not bad tax included. Online $29.00 a thousand plus hazmat fees. I really saw no other deals for my liking.

The B.S. I heard from the Penn. mag dealer about pre-ban Glock mags was unreal.

I wonder how the attendance will be today? At least it was a good showing so they will see people want to attend these shows. Like someone said, maybe they open up more rooms next event. I agree that the aisles were a little small and just when you started thinking you would maybe purchase something the crowd would push you along and I would lose interest at that point. I am much more of a calm and quiet type of shopper, not like a black Friday or Christmas eve type of day.

Back
Top Bottom