January 2013 Manchester, NH Gunshow Thread

Didn't work the show because I caught the darn flu, don't get a flu shot you will get the flu, I called the guy I work part time for and he said it was INSANE!!!!
I am glad I stayed home.

Thanks for all the info guys. Planning on meeting my shooting buddy tomorrow for a road trip. I think we'll hit a couple of shops and go get some lunch, I'm not a big fan of watching sharks case after blood in the water

I went to the show yesterday afternoon. Line to get in was very long, but moved quickly--took about twenty minutes to get in.

Spoke with a buddy running a table and another nice fellow who is always selling at these shows (far right corner as you enter) and the funny thing is, they both told me the show was really slow--they were selling very little.

Dorff

I went to the show yesterday afternoon. Line to get in was very long, but moved quickly--took about twenty minutes to get in.

Spoke with a buddy running a table and another nice fellow who is always selling at these shows (far right corner as you enter) and the funny thing is, they both told me the show was really slow--they were selling very little.

Dorff

It's because dealers jack their prices up for some unfathomable belief that we want to spend way more on their stuff than we could anywhere else. I saw lots of items (guns and not guns) that I would have liked to buy, but there's no way in hell I'm going to even start haggling when prices are 50-100% higher than anywhere else outside those double doors.

Who do those dealers think come through there? Idiot millionaires with money to burn?

Last edited:
Were there a lot of gangbangers there? According to the antis, anyone can walk into a gun show and buy anything they want. [rolleyes]

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

stood in line for just over an hour around 1130. line was long but moved quickly. just poked around got a few small random things. ammo was expensive as I figured. $9 a box for 7.62x39 wolf ammo. [rofl]. I stopped by collectable arms in Merrimack for the first time and they were nice people with good prices. stopped there and at petes in hudson on the way home and got ammo.

stood in line for just over an hour around 1130. line was long but moved quickly. just poked around got a few small random things. ammo was expensive as I figured. $9 a box for 7.62x39 wolf ammo. [rofl]. I stopped by collectable arms in Merrimack for the first time and they were nice people with good prices. stopped there and at petes in hudson on the way home and got ammo.

Stopped by Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack yesterday also... they still have .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 in stock. They are limiting the amount you can buy to around 200 rounds to give everyone a chance to get a little ammo but thats fair to me. Lately I've seen too many people with deep pockets buy out an entire shelf of ammo or leave with 2-3 k. At least this gives more people a chance to get some rounds too. Also I noticed they didn't jack up their prices on ammo... its higher than before but that increase is due to supplier costs. If your in Merrimack you should check them out... the guys and the shop is great!

Yea... Went there today and looked around.

Not really much that I couldn't or wouldn't have just bought from a gun shop. One guy selling Thermold mags for $10... seemed ok.

I ended up picking up:
AR Charging Handle - $15
Cheap Red Dot for the .22 - $35
Knife blank - $35
Book "The $50 Knife Shop" - $5.

Buddy bought a Walther P22 for his girlfriend ($369) but other than that, I was unimpressed.

Yea... Went there today and looked around.

Not really much that I couldn't or wouldn't have just bought from a gun shop. One guy selling Thermold mags for $10... seemed ok.

I ended up picking up:
AR Charging Handle - $15
Cheap Red Dot for the .22 - $35
Knife blank - $35
Book "The $50 Knife Shop" - $5.

Buddy bought a Walther P22 for his girlfriend ($369) but other than that, I was unimpressed.

Just watched your youtube vid - I bet all those people in line were like, LOOK AT THIS JACKASS TRYING TO CUT THE LINE.

My son and I got there and in line at 8:30AM, and we were inside at 9:10AM. There were the usual vendors selling the same over priced reloading components, except they had marked them up even more. You'd thing they'd get sick of lugging the same shit in and out of shows year after year. AR's & AK's were scarce, and what was left was double the normal price. Magazines for both were $30-$50 a piece, which we know is bullshit, but people were buying them. Most ammo was so f**king over priced that it was comical. I bought a much smaller amount of brass, etc. than I normally do. I'd also like to mention to certain vendors that selling a rusty die set made in 1985 for more money than a new one goes for today at Midway is probably not going to fly.
I saw that one old boy had 3 boxes,(15 rounds), of Winchester Buckshot, a box of Winchester .30-06, and two dozen pieces of .357 Mag. Brass in a bag on his table. They didn't have a price tag on them, so I asked him what he wanted. He says to me: $75.00 After confirming with him what I wanted, he told me $75.00 again. When I offered him $20.00, he told me that was "an insult". I told him no, an insult would be me wishing that he would break a hip, and that $20.00 was what the stuff was worth. Needless to say, his old ass probably took the stuff home with him. My assessment of the show in general: FULL RETARD.
I did meet Andy Langlois; had a nice chat with him. We both agree that NES Stickers need to be available at the shows.
We wnt to Riley's after, two words to describe the scene there: FULL RETARD. I have been going to Riley's for 30 years and have never seen the place so bare; there were 2 used AK's and 1 used AR there. The handgun area was so mobbed you couldn't get through. It was nice to see the ammo priced at 50% less than what those banjo strummers over at the show were trying to get, and AK Magazines for $20.95.
If nothing else, it confirmed my long held belief that the Manchester show is a waste of time. I'll stick with Concord, West Lebanon, and the VT shows. Spent the day with my son, so how could there be a down side?

Was excited to go to my first gun show. Damn what a disappointment. I was looking for a sling and oiler for my M1 carbine. And an extra mag for my M&P. .30 Carbine ammo was through the roof. Best I could find was 20 bucks for 50 rounds of Tula. What's the biggest/best gun show to go to in these parts? Right now I might just order stuff from the web.

Was excited to go to my first gun show. Damn what a disappointment. I was looking for a sling and oiler for my M1 carbine. And an extra mag for my M&P. .30 Carbine ammo was through the roof. Best I could find was 20 bucks for 50 rounds of Tula. What's the biggest/best gun show to go to in these parts? Right now I might just order stuff from the web.

Until further notice, the web is probably going to be your best bet for reasonably priced ammo. Even then, it's going to be full retard pricing across the board.

I drove by it on way to the range and the most you were gonna get was hypothermia waiting in that line and im sure best selling item was hot cocoa. Course the prices are bs- its a gun show the prices are always over the top. Best deals are made walking around and going in and out with private people.

Back
Top Bottom