• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

James Bond PPK to auction

I heard on the radio that the PPK used in the movie Dr NO is going to be auctioned.
This posted yesterday

The deactivated Walther PP pistol, one of the two original props used by Connery, will go under the hammer at the upcoming "Icons & Idols Trilogy: Hollywood" sale, hosted by Julien's Auctions, on December 3 in Beverly Hills and online. The handgun is expected to fetch up to $200,000, according to the auction house.

The print in the catalog says it's been deactivated and will not fire yet it still has to be registered as a firearm.

Fits great in a fanny pack.

hulk_hogan_fanny_pack2.jpg

Probably poured concrete down the bore and considered it deactivated. ;)

Not exactly.
If it was "deactivated" in accordance with UK laws, it's more than just plugging the barrel, they like things more permanent, such as removing the firing pin and welding up the firing pin channel and holes in the slide.

Not exactly.
If it was "deactivated" in accordance with UK laws, it's more than just plugging the barrel, they like things more permanent, such as removing the firing pin and welding up the firing pin channel and holes in the slide.

They don’t know you can just replace a barrel or slide?
I had a PPK parts kit years ago. It was an early 60’s model with everything except the receiver.

Not exactly.
They don’t know you can just replace a barrel or slide?
I had a PPK parts kit years ago. It was an early 60’s model with everything except the receiver.

I agree with Zappa. The London Proof House performed the work.

1605265535712.png

Back
Top Bottom