• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Jackson Mississippi mayor bans open carry

allen-1

NES Member

For the English majors among us, who can tell me the difference between "seize" and "cease"?"

And for bonus points - can we find a "Moms Demand" or "Brady Bunch" source for the "open carry law has led [to] an increase in gun violence into our communities"? Because that's just such BS that you know he didn't think of it himself...

Many of these killings could have been avoided if we had state law that enabled us to better control the presence of firearms on our streets.” said Lumumba. “Prior to the open carry law when Jackson officers saw a gun in plain view it gave them the probable cause to cease the weapon and determine whether it was an illegal weapon or not. The open carry law not only provides protection to individuals who are armed with illegal weapons, it creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation in the community. We cannot continue to turn a blind eye to the fact that the open carry law has led an increase in gun violence into our communities.

Whereas, Mayor Lumumba, having failed to uphold the right to keep and BARE arms, as recognized at both the state and federal level, shall be forcibly removed from office, and placed in a dunk tank, where, the citizens of Mobile Alabama, shall take turns throwing objects at a steel plate of not greater than 16 inches, in circumference, for the purpose of humiliating the Mayor, in the company of free people.

For the English majors among us, who can tell me the difference between "seize" and "cease"?"

And for bonus points - can we find a "Moms Demand" or "Brady Bunch" source for the "open carry law has led [to] an increase in gun violence into our communities"? Because that's just such BS that you know he didn't think of it himself...

Many of these killings could have been avoided if we had state law that enabled us to better control the presence of firearms on our streets.” said Lumumba. “Prior to the open carry law when Jackson officers saw a gun in plain view it gave them the probable cause to cease the weapon and determine whether it was an illegal weapon or not. The open carry law not only provides protection to individuals who are armed with illegal weapons, it creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation in the community. We cannot continue to turn a blind eye to the fact that the open carry law has led an increase in gun violence into our communities.

"Cease," means to stop an action.
"Seize," means to take away something.

"Proof-read," means to have someone with a clue check your published statement, so you don't look like an idiot (term is now obsolete)

"Make sh!t up," means to be a politician, advancing your position (or that of those to whom you are beholden).

I was not an English major, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few times.

Hard core, committed Commie Rat Bastard. Just as his father (with the same name) was a hard core, committed Rat Bastard. His father was born Edwin Finley Taliaferro in Detroit and moved to Mississippi. At some point in the 1960s he changed his name to honor Patrice Lumumba. You can read about him and draw your own conclusions.

It ceases to amaze me how because of the color of his skin, the electorate overlooks his low IQ.
Just trying to figure out how Biden comes into play here. Granted, Hank Johnson, Maxine Waters, AOC and a lot of others are certified cretins. abrams.jpg

To idiots, it's always the gun, never the person carrying it.

The mayor should be hanged.

that man is an idiot

I've gone into the "Executive Order" mode. When they tell me that I can't have something or do something, I write myself an executive order and have and do what I want. FK them all. Jack.

Last edited:
Minority politicians calling for their own people's rights to be oppressed...
Nothing sickens me more than these uncle Tom types that have no spine and blindly repeat the party line at the expense of their own people's safety!
They come to America to enjoy a life of freedom.
Only to be sold out by their fellow minorities!
The slaves get a new master. Except this time it is one of their own in the land of the free!
It's to easy to go into the communities and acknowledge all the problems and seek solutions with the people that live in the said community...
That would require hard work and putting yourself at risk.
The same risk that those in the community live with each day...
Ostrich syndrome at it's finest!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom