• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Izzy Compensator on Bushy AR15

Is the Izzy Flash Suppressor/Compensator considered a flash suppressor in terms of the CT Assault Weapons Ban? I can't find a definitive answer.

Last edited:
I really don't know anymore either,the laws in this state are so screwy I don't know how they could expect you to be compliant but my general rule of thumb so to speak is that if the gun didn't have it when you bought it...don't put it on.supposedly the AW ban and laws state that you are not allowed to have a "flash suppressor" on a rifle.What defines a "flash suppressor" is beyond me.MY RRA ar has one on it that came attached purchased here,the only diference is there is one slot missing on the bottom of the barrel and it is permanantly attached.It's dumb laws like this that make me want to move to Wyoming...

My Bushmaster has a pistol grip, as all AR15's seem to have. Plus, I have the "Izzy suppressor/compensator" permanently affixed to the muzzle. Since it has two assault features plus the detatchable magazine, I am worried if I take it to my CT training class I will be in violation.

Update: A little more research, an anti-gun article says my Bushmaster model XM15-E2S is banned. Doesn't look good. I'm trying for something more definitive.

Wyoming looks good to me now.

Last edited:
To be on the safe side I'd have to say your probably right and would be a good precaution to leave it home.Does it have a collapsible stock? As I see the ar's sold in CT,I think you're only allowed to have one "feature"(lol) and that usually ends up being the 30 rounder.I'll see what else I can find on this...

To be on the safe side I'd have to say your probably right and would be a good precaution to leave it home.Does it have a collapsible stock? As I see the ar's sold in CT,I think you're only allowed to have one "feature"(lol) and that usually ends up being the 30 rounder.I'll see what else I can find on this...

Thanks. I spent hours researching this. I have an email in to the gentleman running the program. Maybe I can rent a CT legal one down there. Otherwise I'm SOL. I had been looking forward to this class for at least two weeks.

I take it that your from CT? As best I can tell, you are allowed the detachable magazine and only one other feature, which seems to me has to be the pistol grip. Anything else, such as telescoping stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, etc makes it illegal (Two or more things beyond the detachable magazine).

Last edited:
Thanks. I spent hours researching this. I have an email in to the gentleman running the program. Maybe I can rent a CT legal one down there. Otherwise I'm SOL. I had been looking forward to this class for at least two weeks.

I take it that your from CT? As best I can tell, you are allowed the detachable magazine and only one other feature, which seems to me has to be the pistol grip. Anything else, such as telescoping stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, etc makes it illegal (Two or more things beyond the detachable magazine).

Yes I reside in the great democratic state of Connecticut where the only people who matter are the rich yuppies from Volvoville,lol.I thought I had that in my profile but it didn't display so I fixed it now.I believe you're right about the EBR options...

Back
Top Bottom