• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IWB Pants

I had almost given up trying to carry IWB owing to the fact that I couldn't seem to find a comfortable holster. Then I bought an MTAC and my opinion changed 180 degrees - talk about comfort so IWB was now an option. I had a reasonable amount of practice this summer with some shorts that had a generous waistband :)

As Fall and Winter approached, I thought about how to accomodate IWB without buying a whole new set of pants. My current pants fit but provide no additional room for the holster & gun. Plus the idea of buying pants that I could only wear while carrying seemed ridiculous.

One evening sifting through the mail and lo and behold - Land's End Comfort Waist pants! Don't laugh - you order them in your size and the waistband has built in panels with elastic bands to accomodate, erm, growth. I ordered a pair and have them on right now.

They are indistinguishable from Dockers and the elastic mechanism is very well hidden. Without a belt, noone will ever know if you're benefiting from a little extra s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Can you say Thanksgiving pants?

I also tried the pants on with my MTAC and it works like a charm. With the combined give of the elastic on both sides, I could probably carry an M16 IWB. When the gear comes off the waistband retracts and they fit normally.

Quite a find! Check them out here.

I bought a lighter, smaller gun (G26) and carry IWB as well as with SmartCarry.

And I carry all the time. I find if you buy pants just slightly oversized then not only are they more comfortable every day, then it'll be a perfect fit when IWB carrying.

I bought a lighter, smaller gun (G26) and carry IWB as well as with SmartCarry.

And I carry all the time. I find if you buy pants just slightly oversized then not only are they more comfortable every day, then it'll be a perfect fit when IWB carrying.

So, did you fix the sleeping problem with the SmartCarry?

So, did you fix the sleeping problem with the SmartCarry?

I'm trying out the G26 IWB first. I just got it on Wed so I've really only had it a few days.

I think I may have to work in Boston this week and in Business dress so I will try it out and see. I do notice that it is much lighter, partially the size and partially because i"m only carrying 10 round mags now.

Carrying, for me is very uncomfortable unless I do OWB. The love handles from being 40 pounds overweight means the guns ticks into my side, egven when standing [frown]

The Sigtac pants have stretch panels on the sides that accomadate IWB holsters. I am wearing them right now with my M&P compact in a high noon tuckable holster.

I only use IWB holsters. I usually buy pants that are a little bigger than my waistline anyhow. If I'm not carrying (for some odd reason) my pants don't bunch up too much because of it. I might also mention that I never tuck my shirts in my pants, unless it's for a wedding or funeral.

Back
Top Bottom