• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IWB Knife and Sheath Recs

JCV

NES Member
Looking for recommendations.
What I'm looking for is a fixed straight blade.
Must come with an IWB kydex sheath.
I've got some amazon gift cards so if it's on there, that would be a plus, if not link me to it.
Ideally I'd like to keep it under $100, is that even possible? Or am I asking too much?

Also open to something I can wear on my ankle.....

Last edited:
Looking for recommendations.
What I'm looking for is a fixed straight blade.
Must come with an IWB kydex sheath.
I've got some amazon gift cards so if it's on there, that would be a plus, if not link me to it.
Ideally I'd like to keep it under $100, is that even possible? Or am I asking too much?

Also open to something I can wear on my ankle.....

http://gunnyssurplus.com/commando-knife-11qu11.html

11" long. $13.00. oughta do the job, assuming it's strictly for self-defense purposes

RAT3. heard about them for a few years , finally saw on on a shelf and snatched it up. I basically gave up on folding knives after getting this little beasty.

I think this is the winner.
I've looked into the RAT3 before and just completely forgot about it, I've read great things about it.

Ka-Bar Kraton Handled Straight Edge Mark 1 Knife $56 shipped off Amazon, then order a custom Kydex Sheath for it from River City Sheaths (Ohio based - Mike Satre: my personal favorite Kydex/Consealex sheath maker period).

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/721-Knife-laws-in-Mass?highlight=carry knife

http://www.knifeup.com/massachusetts-knife-law/ (read this & search for other BS for MA please)

FYI - YMMV.

ps: you can trade for gear using your Amazon gift cards as well and NOT be restricted to just buying from Amazon's website. ;-)

I got my ka-bar tdi off Amazon. The sheath it comes with is sufficient. I made my own, however.

e4a4y5ag.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Found this there...pretty certain this is NOT accurate:
No Limits on Class A Licenses

Section J of the law states that, if you have a class A license, you can carry any knife (and gun) you would like. The law here is very relaxed and says you can even carry loaded semi-automatic rifles if you have a Class A license.

Well MA IS an open carry state.........

Red beard blades are good simple blades made by a veteran. A few options available.

I'll be getting one from the group buy, I believe you will be able to purchase the same knife from the group buy on Red Beard Blades website, you'll just have to pay the full retail ~$100.

ESEE Knives Izula, Izula II, both under $60 or ESEE 3 under $100. Best warranty ever as well.

It showed up today.
Went with the Ontario RAT-3, seems like a solid blade. The sheath it came with sucks and I'm looking to have a kydex one made for me.

RAT3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom