• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IWB Holster

I just can't win with this!, I have a vedder, and a few other brands just like the light tuck for my glock 43..can't appendix carry can't hip carry, I'm a short 5-7 200 lb guy! Freaken things pinch the shit out of my gut n side! Any short heavy guys IWB Carry ? Wtf!, help!

A stiff belt can fix some waist holster issues. I use horsehide from Beltman but there are plenty of threads on this forum if you want more info. Alternatively or in conjunction you could start a workout regimen to lose some weight.

I'm 50yrs old I'm SHORT!, the way I'm built is like a fire hydrient! I wear my pants low! I have to keep my belt tight to keep my pants up! Just a nightmare to cc carry!

Friend of mine is similar to you. Try 4-5 o'clock with a strong forward cant so the grip is almost vertical up your side, say just behind 3 o'clock. He says it nestles in the small of your back, has good access, and is comfortable when sitting. good luck.

I had problems too until I got a remora holster with the sweat guard option. Take a look. It's cheap and super comfy. Now I have to be cautious that I don't forget it's there

3 o'clock by the way. Right on the hip bone

I'm 5' 5" / 135 lbs and I hate belt carry. I tried six or seven different holsters and they were all problematic. OWB is more comfortable for me but it sticks out so I always smash my hand or elbow on the gun hard enough to cut myself. I also smash the gun into furniture, walls, etc. I have a 28" waist so the grip is not flat against my body at all. OWB is also not practical for my casual style of dress and I tend to wear shirts that hang just below my belt so half of the slide ends up showing.

IWB is horribly uncomfortable for me. 3 o'clock position stabs me in the hip bone (iliac crest) and 4 o'clock causes a sciatic nerve thing. I gave up on belt holsters and I carry a Bodyguard .380 or LC9s in my front pants pocket. I wear Carhartt double fronts 99% of the time so the front pockets are big and I keep my phone and spare mag in the ruler pockets on the legs. Pocket carry offers a few nice benefits like being able to put my hand on the gun without being obvious. I've done this twice when strangers approached me in a parking lot. It's also easy to ditch the gun in a glove box, locked desk drawer, etc without making a scene fussing with a belt and holster. I frequently change into cycling or kayak clothing out of the trunk of my car in a parking lot so I usually need to palm the Bodyguard from my pocket to the trunk in a sneaky way.

Last edited:
I had problems too until I got a remora holster with the sweat guard option. Take a look. It's cheap and super comfy. Now I have to be cautious that I don't forget it's there

^^^This
the sweat guard of the remora helps with the pinching from the slide/sights and the fact it has no clip means you can cant as much or as little as comfortable. When I use a remora I ride the gun low with the grip right on top of my pants/belt. As long as you have a belt it doesn't move at all. I used to go running, hiking, and biking like this. The remora also works well for pocket carry in a jacket or cargo pants pocket.

Uncle Mike's tactical inside the waistband holster left side forward cant at about 8:30 XD 45 service model 4 inch barrel stiff belt shimittbrand from Tractor Supply very stiff belt I'm 5 foot 10 235 pounds 61 years old

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Same here: 5'7" 220 very comfortable

5'9" & 220 lbs. and I use either a Milt Sparks VM II (preferred) or a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder - both are IWB typically at the 3:30 - 4:00 position. The Milt Sparks is all leather and very comfortable, the Garrett Industries is leather lined Kydex and is a bit less comfortable than the Milt Sparks. Just my story... Yours may be different.

About the same as OP height / weight wise.
While I don't have that much discomfort IWB, I just don't like it much. I prefer OWB. Glock 43 should carry pretty much like my LC9s, and an OWB for that doesn't hang below the belt, so a cover garmet that would work with a non tuckable IWB will do for OWB. My two holsters are no names that I bought off craigslist - one is for a Beretta 92, and the other is for a 1911, sounds weird but they work fine.

I prefer outside the waistband and also more comfortable and who cares if anybody sees it if they have a problem with it well that's just what it is their problem Pennsylvania is it open carry state and I'm going to exercise my rights maybe I'll have a jacket over it or shirt over it but I don't worry about printing I don't worry about anybody seeing it's their problem
7392bfd69c5f439e6952dc7df6332112.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I just can't win with this!, I have a vedder, and a few other brands just like the light tuck for my glock 43..can't appendix carry can't hip carry, I'm a short 5-7 200 lb guy! Freaken things pinch the shit out of my gut n side! Any short heavy guys IWB Carry ? Wtf!, help!

The light tuck is a full kydex. Have you tried a hybrid holster like the vedder rapid tuck or the comp tac infidel/ http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/infidel-ultra-max-holster-10538.

The hybrid has kydex on one side with a flat leather piece against your body. These are definitely more comfortable than a full clamshell kydex. Carrying at 4 oclock also lets it sit more on the flat of your body.

Is it just for a G43?

Back
Top Bottom