IWB Holster w/Full Skin Coverage

safetyfirst2125

NES Member
Went through about a dozen EDC IWB holsters but always ended up with skin rubbed raw by sandpaper 45 SW Shield 2.0 grip, until I came across this one. Works like a charm with one big caveat: it has a “feature” that requires a twist to draw. I could never get it to work so decided it was a dangerous feature for me and broke out the grinder and got rid of the trigger guard bump that is the “feature”. Now drawing is liquid fast and no more running my side raw since the leather covers the handle.

The Professional IWB Holster (Inside The Waistband) | N8 Tactical

DA542954-6ACB-43D5-88BD-28BB954E68B7.png

The thing I don’t like about those types of holsters is exactly that top part of the leather. Comfortable for wear, sure, but under high stress with only one chance to draw quickly with a proper grip, you risk your thumb going behind that leather and having no grip on the pistol at all.

Trying to get your thumb to slide into that tight, very slim space between the grip and the leather without looking at it and being under duress is an
unnecessary risk IMO.

Much easier to replace the grips if it’s an option or just cover them with Talon Grip rubber instead of sandpaper texture. If it works for you that’s great, that’s all that really matters, but when I tried it I was like nope, that doesn’t work well for me at all.

The thing I don’t like about those types of holsters is exactly that top part of the leather. Comfortable for wear, sure, but under high stress with only one chance to draw quickly with a proper grip, you risk your thumb going behind that leather and having no grip on the pistol at all.

Trying to get your thumb to slide into that tight, very slim space between the grip and the leather without looking at it and being under duress is an
unnecessary risk IMO.

Much easier to replace the grips if it’s an option or just cover them with Talon Grip rubber instead of sandpaper texture. If it works for you that’s great, that’s all that really matters, but when I tried it I was like nope, that doesn’t work well for me at all.
I've got the Talon covers but I still prefer the handle covered (a lot of in and out of cars, etc) for comfort. My draw stroke doesn't place thumb on side until after the weapon is free of the holster so I guess I don't have the placement issue.

Back
Top Bottom