IWB CARRY

Cannonbahe

NES Member
I can't find a holster that doesn't give me back pain. I carry with my JIT OWB now but it isn't always convenient. And also with warm weather on its way, it will be harder to carry owb. Any suggestions. I have spent many many dollars on holsters trying to find the right one. My hunt continues

Try something soft. I had double hernia surgery back in 2008 with some nerve complications and alot bothered me. I use every once in a while a leather Tagua IWB but most of the time I use a nylon IWB made by Elite Survival. Very comfy and non irritating to my side.
4ema8e5y.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Canon

Have you tried a crossbreed supertuck or something like it?

What are you trying to carry?

My experience with IWBs is that they take some time to get acclimated to.

I started with a 1911 and failed miserably. Then I dropped back to a Kahr, and it worked fine.

I can carry my Kahr P9 comfortably IWB with nothing more than a T shirt over it. I've worked my way up to a Glock 19 but it took some time to get used to.

Does your back hurt because your holster is digging into your back or does the weight of carrying your gun hurt your back? Also what gun are you carrying?

I found carrying between 2:00 and 3:00 or forward of that eases any back pain. For me going back from 3:00 causes some discomfort in the back. A lighter gun helps.

I carry @ 4:00 and I have a busted back. For holsters - I can't say enough good things about FightNGear out of Missouri. Fast shipping, quality holster (get the horsehide) for 40 bucks.

Don't forget the weight balance: it might help your back if you carry spare mags or a bug on the weak side.

Try something soft. I had double hernia surgery back in 2008 with some nerve complications and alot bothered me. I use every once in a while a leather Tagua IWB but most of the time I use a nylon IWB made by Elite Survival. Very comfy and non irritating to my side.
4ema8e5y.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I have one too and have no complaints. Especially for $20.

I'd say the crossbreed or something similar is where it's at. I Carry at about 730 or so and I hardly ever notice that it's there. I was using an elite for a long time but found that the gun was riding too high about the belt line, which caused more printing, and less comfort. Just my .02.

Remora IWB holster is what I prefer. No clip, easy to position, and has never fallen out or moved around on me. This is my Shield in the Remora.

Shield%20Remora.jpeg

Lower back or upper? And not to be insensitive, but what kind of shape are you? Lots of factors could be causing the back pain besides just the firearm's weight.

- Todd

Not sure what you are carrying, but you can always pocket carry if your CCW is small enough. Obviously this won't work if you carry a 1911.

I just started to Appendix carry. Very comfy once you get passed the thought of what is being pointed at your jewels.

+1 I recently switched to appendix carry after 20+ years of carrying at 4 o'clock. Amazingly more comfortable.

how are those remora holsters? I've been wanting to try one but get nervous it would fall down or shift a lot. is it real grippy?

how are those remora holsters? I've been wanting to try one but get nervous it would fall down or shift a lot. is it real grippy?

I think they're just the right amount of grippy to work right. IMHO they are the best of the IWB holsters. Not expensive either. Give it a try!

I hate my White Hat Max Tuck so much, I'm going back to the Crossbreed Supertuck.

There's nothing like a Crossbreed. I never should have tried switching.

To a new carrier, the supertuck helps the transition.

The large surface area spreads the force of the gun into you so it doesn't "dig" in.

The widely separated clips helps to hold up the gun.

The adjustable height allows you to tweak the pitch and height of the gun. I ended up moving the rear clip down 2 notches, which cants the gun forward. That helps to conceal the but of the G19 in the small of my back better.

Has anyone tried this holster? I'm an average size guy and don't wear belts so this seemed a good choice. I also don't like the belt clips showing.

Tactipak

I've worn a supertuck for a couple of years and really like it. He overstates how much of a hassle it is to put on. I can do it in about 15 seconds. But I don't wear it with a tucked in shirt.

I don't trust the exposed clips.

So if the tactipack works as advertised, it looks pretty good. I'm immediately thinking of it for wear with shorts while running or riding my bike.

Interesting.

Have you seen any unbiased reviews. That vid was by the maker? Also, I wonder how well it will hold up with all that velcro and elastic.

All leather?

If you're willing to compromise on materials, the Crossbreed Supertuck is a safe bet. Its not pretty, but it is very comfortable, conceals well and is acceptably secure.

I hate to sound like a shill for crossbreed. But i tried a bunch of IWB holsters and for a full sized gun, I haven't found anything better.

Back
Top Bottom