• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Iver Johnson Tp-22 question?

I recently bought an Iver Johnson TP-22 as a pocket pistol/backup gun. I have just come back from the range and I had a couple issues while firing it today. At first, I had random stovepipes and feed jams. After field stripping it and using some gun oil on the moving parts/slide, it stopped jamming and fed the rounds nicely. The only problem I have had with it since, is sometimes the gun will not fire the round in DA. I will squeeze the trigger and *click* nothing. Squeezing the trigger again in SA it will fire the round. This will sometimes happen once a magazine, sometimes twice, sometimes not at all. What gives?? Any help is appreciated.

*I was using remington golden bullet HP and Federal Match grade*

I have bought some CCI stingers to use for next time as the gentleman who I purchased it from said that was all he used and had no issues.

Appreciated but I do have the manual. Its like a one page thing haha. I am looking for someone who would have some idea of an issue. Thanks though

I have a TP-22 and I love it, great gun. Sounds like it may be a spring issue. I've also found the white lithium grease on the slide works well.

Back
Top Bottom