Iver Johnson 16 Gauge

Hey all, new to this forum and have a few questions about this shotgun that was passed down to me. Its an Iver Johnson 16 gauge shotgun full choke barrel and lug forged in one. My grandfather bought it in 1956. Its a champion series and there were some letters behind the trigger guard that says "CRXH". Can anyone tell me when this was shotgun was made, the value of this shotgun, and if there any specific loads i am supposed to use? i dont want to load the wrong type of ammo and blow myself to shreds. Thanks alot in advance!
[smile]

I have had alot of good luck over at shotgunworld.com, not to take anything away from NES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iver Johnson made a ton of guns from pistols to shot guns I would say gun is worth $75 to $150 depending on condition.

I had on old Iver Johnson 16 gauge single barrel shotgun years ago and it was great fun for trap. Once in a while the foregrip would come off in your hand while shooting it, which made for some good laughs but thats the only issue I ever had with it. Sparkey's guess of it's value is accurate. I think I paid $85 for mine back in '02.

Back
Top Bottom