I've Been Nominated to Run for the NRA Board

Jim,

I've admired your work doing a hard job in a tough environment here in MA. But the national organization is in a ton of trouble right now, as I'm sure you know.

There are some people here with experience on the boards of large organizations that might be able to give you advice, if you need it, whether or not you agree with people like https://www.savethe2a.org/.

Do you have Nominating Comittee endorsement? If not, you are the longest of longshots (and I will bullet vote for you; more effective than also voting for your opponents).

Once in, will you bring up issues like excessive compensation packages knowing it will mean you are a one term board member, or will you go along to get along? That is a serious question; not a rhetorical one.

He will not get the nominating committee endorsement if the NRA leadership thinks there is any chance he will work to change things, and most members do as they are told and vote for the recommended candidates.
Congratulations Jim Wallace on accepting this new challenge! I think we all are wondering what will happen with GOAL and maybe at the moment you can't answer that question....
No disrespect intended, but Jim has a serious choice to make in the very unlikely event he gets elected:

1. Discuss solving problems like multi-million dollar compensation packages and get nowhere as he is ignored by a go along to get along board, many of whom are celebrity window dressing and don't even show up for meetings. By doing so, he will assure he is never re-elected.

2 Lay low and don;t rock the boat so he can get that all-important nominating committee endorsement.

Neither leads to effective change, unless there is a sweeping replacement of yes men/women that renders conclusion in #1 inaccurate.
Rob's questions and concerns are quite valid. NRA BOD is/has been for many years a "closed group" who just rubber stamps the way things have "always been done". They won't take well to someone rocking that boat. That boat needs rocking in a big way but to do so requires that most of the current BOD be replaced with people who aren't celebrities and are willing and wanting to change things for the better.

As for GOAL, Jim answered that somewhere already, might have been on FB, don't recall but he said that nothing will change there. I will say however that when he's off to a BOD meeting he obviously can't be at the State House, so some days he'll be out of state, but it shouldn't be a significant impact.

I Hope GOAL still stays a priority. But you’ll have my vote and my son’s vote when we get our ballets

Another Lifer of both GOAL and the NRA. Good luck and Godspeed...
~Enbloc

Congrats on the nomination. I'll vote for you but I'm very happy to hear that your participation in GOAL will not be impacted. We sure need you to help keep up the fight here at home.

Jim, you are very knowledgable and have a solid reputation. I would fully support you for this position. It would be a great loss for GOAL but I am sure a good successor could be found. Good luck in your new adventure!

... BOD is/has been for many years a "closed group" who just rubber stamps the way things have "always been done". They won't take well to someone rocking that boat. That boat needs rocking in a big way but to do so requires that most of the current BOD be replaced with people who aren't celebrities and are willing and wanting to change things for the better.

So true.

This is also true in any big organization; from churches to sportsmen's clubs, all the way up to our government in Washington, DC.

P.S. All those boats need some rocking.

I never vote for NRA directors. I just don't. Too often it's celebrities or people I don't recognize. So I skip voting. Will DEFINITELY vote this year.

Jim, you are very knowledgable and have a solid reputation. I would fully support you for this position. It would be a great loss for GOAL but I am sure a good successor could be found. Good luck in your new adventure!
You misunderstand. The BOD position for the NRA is part-time. Jim would not be giving up his position at GOAL.

I don't think we should expect Jim to respond to any litmus-test questions about what he might do on the NRA board. His track record speaks for itself, as far as I'm concerned, and he has my support.
Agree.

I just hope he can be effective there.

Jim Wallace of GOAL Nominated to Run for NRA Board 2020 Election

Well folks, its official. I have been nominated to run for the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association. A few months ago, I was contacted by some friends and colleagues from around the country. They asked if I was interested in running for the NRA Board of Directors. I have had the pleasure on serving on a few committees with the NRA, but never the board. After some discussion with family and friends I have decided to accept the challenge.

With nearly twenty years of experience fighting for our rights in a Second Amendment battle ground state, I will take that experience with me if elected to the NRA Board. It is crucial for those of us “behind enemy lines” to have a national voice in our efforts to protect and restore freedom. If elected, I hope to use the position to do just that. My duties at GOAL will not change other than this potential new position will increase GOAL’s presence on a nationwide stage.

I would like to thank everyone for their past support of GOAL and myself, I look forward to your support in this new chapter of my Second Amendment advocacy.
Jim,
I will renew my NRA membership if this happens. Thank you for all you do

Back
Top Bottom